Suggestions? PWI's not going to bother

pwilol
pwilol Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
I seriously doubt PWI can do anything with our suggestions not to mention Implement them. Most of our suggestions requires thorough programming skills to implement, and we should "ignore" the fact that it is a difficult task for them, PWI, to actually make it happen?
Do you think the PWI team can alter our mailbox and make C.O.D {cash on delivery{a seriously convenient way to do deals}} available?
Do you think they can start making the "Search/Filter for item" on AH Work?[/COLOR]

Coming to this, it isn't about originality anymore.
Will adding a few more dance styles, (WoW emote style etc) affect it?
It's about whether you guys, PWI, can even implement it, not the originality.

Talk about copycats? Diablo is the root of all MMOs, blame in on the Creativity of current developers if you don't agree.

You guys, PWI, made a "void" suggestion thread, tell us how many of it did you actually made happen?

Sorry for being harsh PWI, you hadn't been able to Modify the game system

Post-makers like myself always risk being flamed for our direct opinions, but people, please do keep in mind the fact the MMOs companies only have "Money-making" as top priority not "Gameplay"
Fact due Fact.

Play a quality Xbox360 / PS3 game, you would understand and experience what it means for a game to have "Gameplay" being set as top priority.

Now what i've expressed maybe too much for a free MMO, it's my nature to disfavor Hypocrites

Have a good review.(Not you PWI, what can you do, seriously?)

Stop spending on MMOs and favor games made with "Gameplay" as their main priority over "Money-making" ones
Post edited by pwilol on

Comments

• Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A freakin' rainbow of formatting doesn't make your point any more clear.

But I agree. There is no point to this forum at all. I never see ANY GMs hanging around here. That means they aren't listening and never will.

Honestly, guys, this is not your game. They aren't going to implement your silly little ideas just because you made a post about them. I admit some of them are very good but they are *not* going to happen. Just focus on the parts of the game that you like.

The GMs might as well admit that they are never going to listen to us, and delete this forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    As I said on a previous thread, I decided to play this game because it was made by "Perfect World Entertainment". In the world of free MMORPG's, it's really strange to find a game published by the company that actually created it.

I thought that would mean the developers would be able to hear our suggestions and bug reports and implement them on a regular basis... But maybe I was wrong on that point.

Theoretically, every good suggestion I've seen on this forum could be applied to the game quite easily. In the main page, PWE boasts about having their own propietary Game Engine, the "Angelica Game Engine".

For the main public, think of RPGMaker. A GE is like that: A program that enables developers to take pictures, 3D models and script files and put them together into a videogame with little effort. In fact, one of their purposes for these programs is to let you make changes to a game easily...

But anyways, maybe the "Perfect World Entertainment" that we see here is just a sales subsidiary, or they haven't hired any real programmer yet.
  • pwilol
    edited December 2008
    But I agree. There is no point to this forum at all. I never see ANY GMs hanging around here. That means they aren't listening and never will.

Just how many of us dare to voice out our opinions?

Only 2% of the PWI team are the ones, what we normally call "Director of the Board" or equivalent.

This are the ones who gets part of the game's monthly/yearly revenue. Talk about power, they are the only ones who have control over how they want their MMO company to grow.

Why choose to be a GM?Being a gamer myself, I'm always straightforward, POWER is all you want as a GM.
    But can your POWER compare to that of above? ^

The GMs / Admins here, sad to say, are paid employees.
    They are required to monitor the players and forums and attend to any questions and problems faced by players.

Having said, they are also 9 to 5 workers
    Why find work, when you can avoid?
    ---> The whole point about the forums

They have many rules and regulations to follow due to being a staff of a MMO company.
    Ignore the fact that they can play "god" in-game, they are as powerless as players when it comes to regular stuffs like that.

You want to play MMOs at a higher level and work at the same time, being paid.
    Sounds good huh? Think about the money players spent to keep the salary going, please

• Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Dvorak wrote:
    7. No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

Yeaaah... You arn't reading the forum rules...
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • pwilol
    edited December 2008
    Yeaaah... You arn't reading the forum rules...

Zethanal, i've seen your posts
    While you like your creativity be shown with your suggestions and stuffs, please be reminded, implementation is another thing.

I too, have lots of suggestions to contribute, but Zethanal, i trust you to be able to figure the difference between reality and hypocrisy.

I see no point contributing suggestions, when it's going to be ignored.
    I also notice you have the ability to flip through wordy rulebooks for "laws" and such

Why don't you make a thread with a list of "Implemented Suggestions" contributed by our players?
    When you do start with it, you'll realize the whole point of our opinions.
  • Some_guy - Heavens Tear
    Some_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    That is not the point of the suggestions box. The point of it is to let people discuss.
    People know they will not be implemented(they could be, since everything is possible) but the forum let the GMs know if they should do something or remove it from the game. It voices peoples opinions, it doesn't matter whether the opinions matter or not.

-some_guy
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I was planning to use those eyes. That formating is not the most pleasant.
    please do keep in mind the fact the MMOs companies only have "Money-making" as top priority not "Gameplay"
    You say that as if there was a difference. MMOs that do not provide meaningful gameplay that their users want do not make money. This is one of those fun universal truths. Even some that try to make meaningful gameplay can fail if not enough users want it.

Suggesting game developers don't care about the playerbase is at best illogical.

Oh, and historically, dikuMuD-like MMOs date back to the release of Diku's source code in 1991, predating Diablo by at little over five years (and that's not even including the precursors to diku, like AberMUD or the various single-player games that inspired MUDs in the first place). Perfect World International takes a few significant forks from the typical diku-like MMO, but the concept is far more established than most people think. PWI is pretty far removed mechanically from Diablo, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    I never see ANY GMs hanging around here.

The post above me proves your post wrong.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The post above me proves your post wrong.

the difference between a GM/Admin (hired staff in San Fran) and a FORUM mod (community volunteer that only does forum related matter) is quite significant..
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Dvorak wrote: »
    we read everything here (always lots of great user feedback to be found here), but keep in mind that this board is fairly high in volume and it is hard for us to respond to everything on this board.

Well so much to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwilol
    edited December 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »

You say that as if there was a difference. MMOs that do not provide meaningful gameplay that their users want do not make money. This is one of those fun universal truths. Even some that try to make meaningful gameplay can fail if not enough users want it.

Suggesting game developers don't care about the playerbase is at best illogical.

Oh, and historically, dikuMuD-like MMOs date back to the release of Diku's source code in 1991, predating Diablo by at little over five years (and that's not even including the precursors to diku, like AberMUD or the various single-player games that inspired MUDs in the first place). Perfect World International takes a few significant forks from the typical diku-like MMO, but the concept is far more established than most people think. PWI is pretty far removed mechanically from Diablo, though.

Oh, how true, gattsuru
    "MMOs that do not provide meaningful gameplay that their users want do not make money"

By saying that, are you trying to say PWI has been successful in making lots of money from their players?

Coming back to point "meaningful gameplay"
    pwilol wrote: »
    please do keep in mind the fact the MMOs companies only have "Money-making" as top priority not "Gameplay"
    Anyone here, that is a player of PWI, has leveled till their TT / Zhen days and beyond, hasn't own a mount throughout their whole leveling phase?
    And you're not telling me materials used for making TT armors, drums and such for making your green weapon doesn't cost money, are you?

Tell me you used coins.
    How many of our players can HONESTLY admit they made millions worth of in-game coins to supplement their needs to lvl 70s and 80s WITHOUT spending a single cent for charging zen?

Friendly mod, you've helped reveal how the "meaningful gameplay" of PWI has enticed players to chip in real bucks for the game.

gattsuru wrote: »

I don't get this..
    I don't remember calling in for a history lesson.

Oh, might you be responding to this?
    Do you think the PWI team can alter our mailbox and make C.O.D {cash on delivery{a seriously convenient way to do deals}} available?
    Do you think they can start making the "Search/Filter for item" on AH Work?

Coming to this, it isn't about originality anymore.
    Will adding a few more dance styles, (WoW emote style etc) affect it?
    It's about whether you guys, PWI, can even implement it, not the originality.

Talk about copycats? Diablo is the root of all MMOs, blame in on the Creativity of current developers if you don't agree.

Did this post mentioned, during the PWI production stage, it has IMITATED Diablo?
    I don't think so.
    It was purely emphasizing the importance of IMPLEMENTATION.

I found this, yay!
    edited December 2008
    One question: Do you like this game or not? If not, then gtfo. Nobody is forcing u to play or pay for zhen. Quit whining and let this thread die already.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    interesting thread here.

indeed EVERY thread posted in this particular forum is read by several folks at various levels of rank and title from within the company - the feedback here is just too rich and varied to do otherwise.

keep in mind that through the course of every working day we have our own 'fix' list of things to work on - issues that our internal QA team discovers along with bits that are discovered (or in the case of customer service - reported to) by the engineering, community and product groups. you'd actually be surprised at the amount of suggestions offered by the community that mirror exactly what is already being discussed internally. occassionally, feedback/suggestions found in this forum will make its way to the top of the 'fix' list.

by all means do continue and offer your feedback and suggestions here. we're truly all ears.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Thermos - Heavens Tear
    Thermos - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    At first I agreed with pwilol but then I thought about something: this game is still relatively new.

Being a new game all the bugs still aren't worked out. Before the dev team goes around adding new cool features they have to make sure the game works without any (or barely any) glitches or other major problems. If version 13 rolls out and it's still the same game it is now, THEN we should be worried. For now just enjoy it for what it is.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    interesting thread here.

indeed EVERY thread posted in this particular forum is read by several folks at various levels of rank and title from within the company - the feedback here is just too rich and varied to do otherwise.

keep in mind that through the course of every working day we have our own 'fix' list of things to work on - issues that our internal QA team discovers along with bits that are discovered (or in the case of customer service - reported to) by the engineering, community and product groups. you'd actually be surprised at the amount of suggestions offered by the community that mirror exactly what is already being discussed internally. occassionally, feedback/suggestions found in this forum will make its way to the top of the 'fix' list.

by all means do continue and offer your feedback and suggestions here. we're truly all ears.

I think that in general what people are looking for on this forum, is a bit more response from GM/admin about what suggestions are actually possible,what is just crazy, and what you might actually work on some day. Its frustrating for people to make all these posts here, and the only response from anyone with any authority is the occasional "we read everything and think about it."

In my personal opinion, it would be a huge improvement if there was a response on a suggestion as small as "we're currently looking into making changes that will affect this" or "at this point that is not feasible for xx simple reason." Responses like this would take maybe 10 mins to get through a page of posts, and would clear up a lot of confusion in players' minds. A happy customer is a paying customer after all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwilol
    edited December 2008
    interesting thread here.

Your words carries much higher reliability than the other two.

Of course, every single one involved in the forum team, Mod level and higher, should have their own section or what was mentioned a "fix" list of things to work on.

That is, in fact, the role and work required for the staffs to take responsibility on
    Rules has always been there.
    If they can't follow the rules, they have to be dismissed.

Anyone could imagine the consequences of players finding out IF the forums' management team is actually nothing but the equal of regular forum users, except, with a higher authority and "cool" mod/admin tag

"keep in mind that through the course of every working day we have our own 'fix' list of things to work on "

Thus, I believe you represented the whole team, involved in monitoring the forums to explain to the whole community of PWI, that you and each of the other members of the team are each allocated with a certain part of the whole workload, daily, distributed either from the game itself or the forums.

By seeing you expressed your sincere opinion, we as the players, would like to thank you for the hardwork.
    But at the same time, we would also like to see a sticky(ied) thread being set up in respond to the following :
    occassionally, feedback/suggestions found in this forum will make its way to the top of the 'fix' list.

All suggestions and feedbacks that would be considered as part of future patches would be updated and posted within that thread

Probable name for the thread : Compilation of approved suggestions / feedback

So, may i suggest, Dvorak, highlight this to the relevant department.
    Assign mods with lighter workload to date(Need not point out names), with the responsibility to update that thread.
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think that in general what people are looking for on this forum, is a bit more response from GM/admin about what suggestions are actually possible,what is just crazy, and what you might actually work on some day. Its frustrating for people to make all these posts here, and the only response from anyone with any authority is the occasional "we read everything and think about it."

In my personal opinion, it would be a huge improvement if there was a response on a suggestion as small as "we're currently looking into making changes that will affect this" or "at this point that is not feasible for xx simple reason." Responses like this would take maybe 10 mins to get through a page of posts, and would clear up a lot of confusion in players' minds. A happy customer is a paying customer after all...

I second this. After all, we know that not all of the suggestions here would be able to make it to the final game, but anyways, we want a little more attention put on this forum. Just some answers from the GM's from a programmer/gamer/salesman perspective on why a suggestion can or can't be accepted.
  • pwilol
    edited December 2008
    The whole thing about this forum, most hadn't realised.
    Majority of the mods/admins we see here, appears and disappears as and when they wish, they only respond to threads that they, at LEAST, have the sheer confidence of tackling.

Unfortunately, the suggestion forums is always fed with creative suggestions by our players daily.(That we all know, has been "carefully looked on")
    Their work style, is then, easily revealed.

They don't get promotion / recognition by the managment for highlighting good / important suggestions and feedbacks posted by our players to the higher levels.
    Is that not a clearer than enough reason why players' suggestion are always left out and untouched?
    Sticky threads, praise players and getting their warm welcome by players is a by far more "important" responsibility.

Now not to even mention, the high volume of forum threads and posts, in ratio to efficient forum mods, that is horribly low.
    The suggestion section is merely a "void" section for players to discuss suggestions that they could only wish for to happen.
    edited December 2008
    Hah! I spy a GM so I was right even if i was wrong then. I was right for the wrong reasons.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you actually can find my post were i wrote that adding top player list would be cool and now we have top player list. Of course it could be just coincidence, but who cares, it is there.
    And have u actually read what people suggest there? Many things int hat thread, in my opinion, are dumb and shouldn't even be suggested.
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I kind of agree we post here and not much happens the updates are pre planned and do not deviate...

Bugs that are in this since closed beta are still here Veno Pet bleeding, etc.

Things that were supposed to be added never get implemented (cupboard, Arenas etc).

But they add Broken pets Phoenix and Cash shop gear weekly or fortnightly and on a whole (while they made read them) they ignore most threads in my opinion.

Harassment and griefing is rife in Lost City not sure on the other servers as they are PVE yet the people responsible play freely and continue to do it.
    Guilds have started to pay other Guilds money to stop attacking them from fear this needs to be stamped out ASAP...
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Don't bother.

I tried making posts similar to yours, OP.

I just ended up getting banned multiple times.

Endline:

Nothing's going to happen. This forum is basically for post count.

Gogo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwilol
    edited January 2009

Awesome.

==================================================

I see a need to make a poll.
    No official polls can be added after a thread has started.
    Thus, making an unofficial one

Poll : How has PWI portray their reliability on implementing suggestions and fixes for the game?

(A1)
    Perfect World International has been very efficient! My suggestions have been implemented!!

(B2)
    Stop it. Whatever PWI does, they have my support ^^

(C3)

Oh my gosh..I've contributed countless suggestions and none of them got replied

(D4)
    Suggestions? Can it be eaten :)

Post your votes with or without replies
  • evrilysis
    edited January 2009
    I vote E5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I sort of agree with the original poster's sentiments, but I also disagree:

I have gotten good responses on tickets I have opened.

That said, recently they seem to be taking some time, so maybe have too many tickets now or maybe they just have reduced staff for the holidays, or maybe my tickets were just dumb. Also, I do not get a ticket number until after someone manually handles my ticket so if I made an embarrassing mistake in my initial report I stay embarrassed for a while.

But I do not expect programmers or developers to do things instantly. And I do not expect them to pull someone off some important project just because I wrote a ticket about something that mattered to me. And even when they do change something, I do not expect them to release those changes without some time testing. And, even when they do test their changes and fix obvious problems, I know that they can not test every possibility. And I know that they only release a few patches every month.

And I also know that they can not make any changes that would ruin everyone's characters. So some kinds of things may never change (like how you can get cracks in your face during character customization -- how could they change that system without changing every face made with that system?).

But other kinds of things can change, and have been changing.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i just want to touch on a couple of issues here

1. as for the MONEY not GAMEPLAY, dont forget these are gamers themselfs if you think they dont care about GAMEPLAY then your forgetting if they didnt care it wouldnt exist, and the simple fact is whenever there is a game free or not people will whine about what they dont like, and do nothing to make their own, which is possible.

2. to say the gms never pay attention to this just because they dont talk to you here doesnt mean its true, lets be real people this is NOT a talk to the gm forum and if your expecting that in the first place you have to remember they arnt alive just to give you conversation or make you feel important.

3. Let us not forget that this game existed before it went to PWI wich means simply that they cannot completely alter the game to your specification, other wise it would be a different game, and just because its avaliable to more people doesnt mean its a different game all together.

4. this is just a pet peeve, but please please please stop emphesizing on the fact this game is free, that doesnt make it a bad game, and to tell the truth this game gets more love from the staff then any other game i have ever playd FREE AND NOT FREE, so be happy dont get on their case for not being your play things, and just play the damn game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evrilysis
    edited January 2009
    Wow.

People think PWI is free?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Yeah. Got a problem?
  • pwilol
    edited January 2009
    i just want to touch on a couple of issues here

1. as for the MONEY not GAMEPLAY, dont forget these are gamers themselfs if you think they dont care about GAMEPLAY then your forgetting if they didnt care it wouldnt exist, and the simple fact is whenever there is a game free or not people will whine about what they dont like, and do nothing to make their own, which is possible.

2. to say the gms never pay attention to this just because they dont talk to you here doesnt mean its true, lets be real people this is NOT a talk to the gm forum and if your expecting that in the first place you have to remember they arnt alive just to give you conversation or make you feel important.

3. Let us not forget that this game existed before it went to PWI wich means simply that they cannot completely alter the game to your specification, other wise it would be a different game, and just because its avaliable to more people doesnt mean its a different game all together.

4. this is just a pet peeve, but please please please stop emphesizing on the fact this game is free, that doesnt make it a bad game, and to tell the truth this game gets more love from the staff then any other game i have ever playd FREE AND NOT FREE, so be happy dont get on their case for not being your play things, and just play the damn game.

Nice grammar there.
    Fortunately, I'm always extra alert when it comes to "Justice-Bringers" who make posts like that.
    and the simple fact is whenever there is a game free or not people will whine about what they dont like

Has there been something you've met in your entire "Justice-bringing" life, that you've seen something done and it's being accepted by EVERY and SINGLE one of the people?
    I don't get why you needed to say that, justice bringer
    Whine word seems powerful to you, somehow
    Let us not forget that this game existed before it went to PWI wich means simply that they cannot completely alter the game to your specification

As for no.3 of your justice post, you merely copy and pasted what part of my post meant, just that yours has better "grammar"
    Lack of points to bring justice on?
    this is just a pet peeve, but please please please stop emphesizing on the fact this game is free, that doesnt make it a bad game

"Emphasizing" not "Emphesizing"
    Did my posts on this thread insisted the game is free and it is a bad game because it is free?

Still a lack of points to make here?
    I'm sorry but I only see the "whine" word in your entire post b:shutup
  • pwilol
    edited January 2009
    evrilysis wrote: »
    Wow.

People think PWI is free?

It's always interesting to see how people react.

They don't feel the pinch when it's none of their business, as you can also see from posts on this thread and others.
    They enjoy watching the show b:shutup

This entire thread is merely a sum up of all the player's well-thought suggestions, which are always discussed as far as the players themselves.
    They never get to the top of the management. (We are leaving our technical issues here)
    occassionally, feedback/suggestions found in this forum will make its way to the top of the 'fix' list.

Read post #17, look who replied, he doesn't know what he has been talking about.
    Just because he is the main messenger of the management, did Dvorak think i would stop everything just because he replied?

Dvorak would never have knew he would be entrusted with a heavy responsibility.
    I'm not a regular forum user that would get nullified when mods make posts to defend themselves

He completely ignored the responsibility of making a sticky thread that would list all the fixes and and suggestions that would be implemented in future patches.
    If they really cared, like some of the "die-hard" supporters of PWI says.
    So how difficult is it to make that sticky thread?

I saw the ironic fact when Dvorak said this :

It didn't make its way to the top
    Truly all ears and nothing done.
    Majority of the mods/admins we see here, appears and disappears as and when they wish, they only respond to threads that they, at LEAST, have the sheer confidence of tackling.

How much can i emphasize how true this is?
    They can reply any big thread with just a "single" reply and it doesn't matter if that thread gets more responses, be it directed to themselves or the thread.

They just think their job's done once they have replied.
    Just a little dot . to end our hard thought and goodwill suggestions.
    Isn't that too much?
This discussion has been closed.