Bot User and Bot Advertising...

Crystalide - Heavens Tear
Crystalide - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I just found a user constantly spamming the use of bot from a site, how do I contact the GM for this?

I got a screenshot of his actions too...

Do handle this incident with swift justice, too many great games died, due to the usage of bots, and since there is no person behind the character, the game / environment will eventually die...

Don't let that happen to this great game as well...

How do I attach images for evidence anyway?

Or should I just wait for the GM's to ask for the evidence?
Post edited by Crystalide - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear
    XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The forums are not the place for discussions such as this. Refer such problems to the ticketing system Here. This will likely be closed now.

Also, look at the forums before posting. This same topic has been posted multiple times today.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah report it with the ticketing system or use the ingame report feature. Don't worry I already reported them with the "report hacking" ingame tool.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Alright, so somebody got to that. I figured they would.

For future reference though: how can you change the text in the hacking report? Or can you at all? I couldn't edit the boxes, so I didn't bother sending a report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Alright, so somebody got to that. I figured they would.

For future reference though: how can you change the text in the hacking report? Or can you at all? I couldn't edit the boxes, so I didn't bother sending a report.

You can't edit it, but the GMs know that. They expect things other than what appears in the box to be what they may be needed for.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Generally speaking, the best way is to contact Support Ticketing. It lets you report a wide variety of issues, upload jpgs, and provide details of exactly what's wrong.

It's not the only way, of course. You can right-click the user (or his or her name in your chat box) and click Report Hacker. That goes for any plainly visible ToS violation -- spam bots in particular are very easy to notice in a server log.

You can also use /GM to whisper a GM. This isn't the ideal method -- you only get one use every five minutes, if I remember correctly, and only one line at a time -- but it's usually enough.

If you have further questions, please PM myself, another moderator, or an administrator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.