Agreed, Veno's should have the option.
  • Liras - Lost City
    Liras - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thats a good idea.
  • Sixminuteabs - Lost City
    Sixminuteabs - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Im ok as is. I am a straight male and I play a veno. What does this mean??? It means i get to look at this cute female behind during all my countless hours of playing...literally hundreds of hours.

I am definately ok with this as is...lol
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a straight male veno as well.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to have male versions.
    If you follow the whole mother earth, and female succubus legend and lore. Males just are not born with an ability to 'tame', nor seduce.

Also...
    I like looking up my own skirt.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Bondage - Lost City
    Bondage - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    males were the first hunters and tamers. no reason to make it male only, just add male characters. instead of a werefox, maybe a weremonkey would be cool.

yeah a were monkey would be awesome.b:laugh
  • shadowmu
    shadowmu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008

You know that PvP would become spanking the monkey right b:laugh?
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a straight male veno as well.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to have male versions.
    If you follow the whole mother earth, and female succubus legend and lore. Males just are not born with an ability to 'tame', nor seduce.

Also...
    I like looking up my own skirt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    males were the first hunters and tamers. no reason to make it male only, just add male characters. instead of a werefox, maybe a weremonkey would be cool.

Just curious, what proof do you have that males were the first hunters or tamers?

By nature, males are aggressive.
    So I can concur that possibly males could have been the first hunter/killer.

But females have an inner drive to protect and feed their young, that crosses many boundaries, including animal empathy. Approach any baby animal with it's mother around.

My point is, animals, like humans, find ways to eat, not always by killing. It is very likely, the first humans fed by not killing, and any animals in their care 'chose' to be with the humans because it was beneficial for them to be there.
    Also, most humans were led and gathered around the matriarchal figure, much like animals did, because they 'provided'.
    Humans for the most part were prey in the beginning, it wasn't for much later that they acquired a taste for blood, and the male role became more prominent (about the same time they figured out what a weapon could do).
    It was then animals in the humans care were no longer there by choice, thus, they weren't exactly 'tamed' or seduced, but rather forced.
    There is also not much proof as to which sex actually became the hunter for tribes. Hollywood just assumed it was the male.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008

Incubus are not the same sort of demon as Succubus.
    They have different motives.
    Incubus do not lure or tempt anyone, they ****.
    Hardly a good example to use for a male venomancer.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Bondage - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    oh please, males obviously were and continue to be the primary hunters of every society.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    since reading isn't happening here...

hunting does not equate to taming or seducing.

Venomancers are not Night Elves, they are not hunters, they do not use bows.

Venomancers are female seductresses,
    read your quests.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • hazon
    hazon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol

if u know chinese culture, the fox form veno is actually female fox spirit who actually seduce a guy. When my wife saw my veno, she was quite upset and ask me y I choose her instead..lolb:laugh
  • Harsha - Sanctuary
    Harsha - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wow this has gone quite deep. Does the male veno have to be in tune with Chinese culture? can't we import a druid from somewhere?
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wow this has gone quite deep. Does the male veno have to be in tune with Chinese culture? can't we import a druid from somewhere?

Most of PW IS based on Chinese Culture (which includes legends, of course ^^). So why change something and make it based more on American Culture? Men being tamers? In the first place, guys can't get along with animals as well as girls. Girls are just nicer to them by instinct, therefore the animal prefers the females. (this does not include someone who had a bad experience and now hates some animals because that can be male or female too)

Plus, in Chinese lore, females DO get a long better with animals too. Those man and animal ones aren't as common as the female and animal ones.
  • tallia
    tallia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Male Untamed seem to be animals that would use brute force while the female Untamed are more about finesse. Basically, I just don't see a male venomancer based on that alone.
  • bluewater
    bluewater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hazon wrote: »
    lol

if u know chinese culture, the fox form veno is actually female fox spirit who actually seduce a guy. When my wife saw my veno, she was quite upset and ask me y I choose her instead..lolb:laugh

YES! Someone actually researched it! :)
  • Bondage - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    fair enough
  • sidot
    sidot Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Incubus are not the same sort of demon as Succubus.
    They have different motives.
    Incubus do not lure or tempt anyone, they ****.
    Hardly a good example to use for a male venomancer.

In some cases, that might be the pefect reason for someone to be a male veno.... b:shocked
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Characters: (BTW i'm almost always in the heaven server)

BloodyManiac = Elf Archer (Male) lv x0
    YumeTuskia = Venomancer (female duhh) lv x0

I'm a dude have fun? b:surrender
  • tekboy
    tekboy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wow 2 pages of male VS female, this is more active than psoBB, i dont mind if the game is chauvinistic, but y r all the girls were as little clothes as possible. personal if i was going in 2 battle and saw some cute little girl in a min skirt and tube top shooting fire balls, i would ask 1st y aren't u wearing something more protective. than ask how u shoot fire balls. is there a way to make your char not look like a bad ecchi char ( haven't got far enough to see what the other cloths are)
  • shanadowa
    shanadowa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    tekboy wrote: »
    wow 2 pages of male VS female, this is more active than psoBB, i dont mind if the game is chauvinistic, but y r all the girls were as little clothes as possible. personal if i was going in 2 battle and saw some cute little girl in a min skirt and tube top shooting fire balls, i would ask 1st y aren't u wearing something more protective. than ask how u shoot fire balls. is there a way to make your char not look like a bad ecchi char ( haven't got far enough to see what the other cloths are)

That seems to be the cause in more and more games you have the male armor that covers every last inch and well same stuff on a female.. you get a heavy armor strip tease in the makeing. Mor the once in some game si have had to sit back and go "Is that even armor? I have panties that cover more!"

That said, this game is very much based on lore and to go past that you might as well just sweep the lore under the rug and remove a lot of the intresting things about it. A male WF would answer a lot of questions i have "Such as where to baby venos come from with no males) but would just not fit right with what the game's writers were trying to do.
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    100pct agreed, its damn annoying to flirt a veno and ended up with rl guy b:angry
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Have you considered not trying to pick up in an MMO?
  • sidot
    sidot Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree :P no one said MMORPGs were for flirting in the first place, and since we're ''Role Playing'' you really don't have any idea who's on the other side of that character your talking to unless you really know them already :)
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Characters: (BTW i'm almost always in the heaven server)

BloodyManiac = Elf Archer (Male) lv x0
    YumeTuskia = Venomancer (female duhh) lv x0

I'm a dude have fun? b:surrender
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    shanadowa wrote: »
    That seems to be the cause in more and more games you have the male armor that covers every last inch and well same stuff on a female.. you get a heavy armor strip tease in the makeing. Mor the once in some game si have had to sit back and go "Is that even armor? I have panties that cover more!"

That said, this game is very much based on lore and to go past that you might as well just sweep the lore under the rug and remove a lot of the intresting things about it. A male WF would answer a lot of questions i have "Such as where to baby venos come from with no males) but would just not fit right with what the game's writers were trying to do.

Barbarians. Don't ask exactly how that works but they're the male version for the Untamed. o__O

EDIT: No wait, I got it. lol. The X chromosone for Untamed that gives the human look to Venos is passive. Whereas the Y chromosone (walking beast) is dominant. lmao. That actually makes sense. And I totally pulled it out of thin air. b:victory
    mecurial wrote: »
    100pct agreed, its damn annoying to flirt a veno and ended up with rl guy b:angry

You shouldn't be flirting with strangers online.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The male venomancer should turn into a weasel. It is correct that the fox/kitsune is a symbol for seduction. kitsune is a spirit who takes the form of lovely women, and is actually more of a trickery spirit than anything else. Her counterpart is Itachi, the weasel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm a male, use a Venomancer. Not fussed about the fact that it's a female, really, apart from the fact that it screws the in-game marriage system w/ forced genders. My girl plays a Cleric; a female one. So the marriage idea is down the drain for us, eh?
    Hardly seems fair that we're forced out of an option of extras...
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The male venomancer should turn into a weasel. It is correct that the fox/kitsune is a symbol for seduction. kitsune is a spirit who takes the form of lovely women, and is actually more of a trickery spirit than anything else. Her counterpart is Itachi, the weasel.
    The Japanese kitsune is unique among Asian mythologies. In all other Asian cultures (including Chinese), the seductress spirit fox is distinctively evil. If you call any non-Japanese Asian woman a fox or vixen, she would be terribly insulted. The archetype seems to spill over into Western cultures too. An evil, scheming woman is called a vixen.
  • basherboy357
    basherboy357 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No support.

first off, dont you think animal parts on girls look better anyway?
    (please for the love of God I dont want to see a guy with bunny ears)

secondly, guys are stereotypically more aggressive, made to kill, not to tame.

third, venos shouldnt have to get used to the new transformation, some of them like it, and those that dont are usually mage venomancers anyway.
    (my point being guys shouldnt turn into a freaking fox, stick to the tiger)

fourth, wheres your support for female barbarians?

fifth, I know a lot of venomancers that are guys anyway, we all know you made a venomancer just to stare at your screen for a couple of hours.
  • lacrosseisbeast
    lacrosseisbeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh please, males obviously were and continue to be the primary hunters of every society.

What about lions where the female lions hunt for the food?