PVP guild--Banned?

Options
thaleus
thaleus Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I know I can't go wrong with off-topic :P

I made a PvP guild called FunkNazis, but the "****" portion of it isn't meant in an antisemitic way. It's more of a parody so that guild members can go around saying "BREAK DOWN!" and pk those who don't dance, or pk those "lacking funk" :P

I was just wondering if this could be taken as offensive. Nobody's said anything to me about it yet, but I heard about people getting banned for some pretty ridiculous stuff and wanted to ask on the forums before I got around to inviting any members or saying anything on World Chat.

Is the guild name okay by gaming rules, seeing as we're not attacking people's race/religion/values? Or should I go ahead and delete the guild?
Post edited by thaleus on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I personally wouldn't risk it, because it's not blatantly obvious that it's a joke. Another faction got accepted, named lawlocaust, but that's obviously a joke name. Yours could be taken the wrong way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hello thaleus,

Unfortunately that name is inappropriate and would not be acceptable as a guild name. Even though you yourself may not be affiliated with or personally representing the "****", other players can potentially be offended by that name and the history associated with the word.

I would suggest FunkPatrol or FunkPolice. ;)

BREAK DOWN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thaleus
    edited January 2009
    Options
    FunkPatrol and FunkPolice are too long, or I'd go with those :( I thought about FunkSquad too, but didn't like the sound of it.

I went ahead and disbanded that guild. I came up with a new name though--of course this one might also get me banned so I'll go ahead and ask before I make it this time.

The guild name is Wargasm.
  • Wiku - Sanctuary
    Wiku - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol, i think that people would find that one as a joke, but u should deffinitally be careful, good luck. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurellius - Heavens Tear
    Aurellius - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Honestly, if you have to question whether your guild name or any name for that matter would be offensive, chances are it probably wouldnt be a good idea to choose it.
  • thaleus
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I just want a funny guild name that will attract new members quickly. Unfortunately most of the guild names I can think of are mildly appropriate at best -_-

But Wargasm really doesn't seem all too bad...
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thaleus wrote: »
    I just want a funny guild name that will attract new members quickly. Unfortunately most of the guild names I can think of are mildly appropriate at best -_-

That name does have doublemeaning... Most people will think quite rightly of the second meaning so I do believe there will be alot of complains at the very least. I personally would not name a guild anything like that because of that. And I also do not believe PWE staff would let that name go through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thaleus wrote: »

Quite strange and nice name b:victory but I thought I found a guild name like that somewhere else toob:mischievous
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    theres a Wargasm guild on Heavens tear that hasnt been banned or anything yet, and theres even a level 90 barb named Wargasm same server who hasnt had his name changed.

so id say your fine to go with Wargasm :P
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I just saw a guild called ****. I think Wargasm is much more appropriate than **** and lawlocaust...

The name's not so appealing though if it exists in a different server :(
    I thought I was being original b:surrender

Still might go through with it.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Question is are the GM's really aware of the name? They can not check every single faction or player on all 3 servers for inapprobiate names. They do rely on players to report such things. There only needs to be one person who is offended and sends in a ticket. Don't risk it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]