Having a hard time

_Nitro - Lost City
_Nitro - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
Hi everyone,

I'm a level 19 FAC now at Lost City. I've got a hard time leveling lately, I even need to cast plume shell and Ironheart for every mob. Is this normal for my level or am I doing something wrong?
Post edited by _Nitro - Lost City on

Comments

• Nirveli - Sanctuary
    Nirveli - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Those levels were also difficult for me, I died like four or five times per level due to high damage taken. Hang on until your Trial Wand at level 20, which will greatly enhance your damage, resulting in easier leveling.
  • rea12
    rea12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    party up, let the person attack it first then you attack / heal your party
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I definitely had a hard time during that time as well. Some things I did:

1) Choose your battles carefully. XD No increased magic resistance, defense and especially life. For Sacrificial assault I cast an ironheart a bit before I start attacking.

2) I tried to kite things- It's kinda difficult to do if you aren't used to it or if you are bad at judging distances, but it helps. Just cast cyclone and run away. When you get a pretty good distance, cast cyclone again and run.

3) Leveling up your Apocothary skill will help- it helps if you manufacture some life powders that can help you keep your very low HP up. But don't skimp on potions either.

4) I tried to really work on my reaction time when I get ambushed or draw more aggro than I mean to- usually it resulted in dropping what attack I might be doing, casting Plume Shell, spamming on ironheart blessings while kiting and using potions. If I really need to I fly away. (I went all out to save myself. XD)

5) Try to alternate your attacks. I made 2 simple custom skills:

a) Cyclone, Plume Shot, Clyclone, Plume shot (etc) for some enemies that I can kill that give me one or two hits.

b) Plume Shot, Clyclone, Plume Shot, Cyclone, Ironheart Blessing, cyclone is what I use when they get 3 hits. If they still are alive after the last cyclone, I just start kiting from there. Lately my enemies have been dying before I cast the blessing.

Just be careful not to make your skills too long, because it can cause you to cast a spell but your enemy is already dead, which results in loss of mp.

One things that definitely helps during that time: getting help. XD Ask around- some people are killing the same things as you and can help. Even if you are an FAC, just spam on healing them. Just focus on healing them: you don't want to suddenly find your partner at a dangerously low HP point where your ironheart blessings won't be able to kick in to save them.

Oh, and make sure that your armor and your nuking spells are up to date. Try to use things that will increase your resistance or your hp.

I hope that helps...I should probably post this all in another thread. XD

jaa,
    sano