Veno cant equip xmas blessing

gau1303
gau1303 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Hi
I just notice that if veno equip the xmas blessing +1 crit, it would be impossible to equip mystical tome. Any one got that problem so far. I was thinking it should go to blessing box just like jone blessing. Maybe GM can have some modification on this please
Regards.
Post edited by gau1303 on

Comments

• Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a veno and it works perfectly fine for me but that might be because I don't use the feed book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Lahnora - Sanctuary
    Lahnora - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes, the fact that it is a tome and not a blessing box makes it a little less "valuable" so to speak. Its still a good item.

What other tomes are there? I know there is the cash shop "don't have to feed pet for a week" one.
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There are all sorts of different tomes. I laugh at the people selling them for millions when you can make some yourself that are better.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Actually the crit tome has the same effect as the pet food tome, MEANS : No more feeding, yes. Next time you should test new stuff out by urself, it might have some other hidden special effects.
  • Lahnora - Sanctuary
    Lahnora - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    rikako wrote: »
    Actually the crit tome has the same effect as the pet food tome, MEANS : No more feeding, yes. Next time you should test new stuff out by urself, it might have some other hidden special effects.

Anyone confirm this?
    And where can one manufacture other tomes o.O?
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's wrong Lahnora, he's just trolling. I've seen a lot of venos really annoyed by it, because it's called a blessing, but requires them to unequip their feed book. And with the new legendary pets, the feed tome is the sane-ist choice. So, if you have a legendary pet, and/or use the feed book, the "blessing" isn't worth your time.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yes, he is right, i havent feeded my mount since i have this xmass blessing and i already informed GMs like 12 hours ago about this
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Anyone confirm this?
    And where can one manufacture other tomes o.O?

check the forges in 1000 streams its over near where you upgrade your aerogear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gau1303
    edited December 2008
    yes it kinda annoying, shouldnt it put in to the blessing slot? Can GM please fix this
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's not a forum troll. I already posted in the Veno forums about this. I have not had to feed my Battle pets (I have a Veno 68, i dont post on that avatar cause its glitched) at all since i equipped the Christmas Blessing. Either its a bug and will be "fixed" or its intended so Veno's dont miss out. But it is true. At least right now, (and permanently if its intended and not going to be bug fixed) you dont have to feed your battle pets with the Christmas Blessing. I dont have a mount so i cant confirm that part.
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i have mount, and i don't need to feed it too
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I laugh very hard at this post... Why dont you try the blessing yourself to know it WORK or NOT with you pet?
    And if you did try, it DOES WORK, isn't it?
    GM sometimes doesn't know about the new game features ^^ (like this blessing or the chip exchange rate for some items ^^). In this blessing case, PWE will lose $2 on every Veno that has legendary pets every week ^^.

Why whine out loud before u test it... now GM might change its effect >< ( but whatever, it doesn't effect the class I play ^^, so good luck that GM didn't see this thread).
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gau1303
    edited December 2008
    I got my answer, Please close this thread as it no longer neccessary.
    Many thanks
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    check the forges in 1000 streams its over near where you upgrade your aerogear

Thanks for the info! I see that Mystical Tome Pages and Mystical Tome Fragments are required. The pages are Boutique items, but where do we get the fragments? I'm guessing they're difficult to obtain, since the tomes section of the auction house is currently empty. In that case, the Xmas Blessing might well be the easiest way to obtain this side-benefit.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's wrong Lahnora, he's just trolling. I've seen a lot of venos really annoyed by it, because it's called a blessing, but requires them to unequip their feed book. And with the new legendary pets, the feed tome is the sane-ist choice. So, if you have a legendary pet, and/or use the feed book, the "blessing" isn't worth your time.

It DOES feed your pet, I use a phoenix and swapped my pet tome for the crit.

If the pet feeding is removed from the crit blessing, THEN THE CRIT BLESSING MUST GO IN THE BLESS BOX SLOT.
    Thanks for the info! I see that Mystical Tome Pages and Mystical Tome Fragments are required. The pages are Boutique items, but where do we get the fragments? I'm guessing they're difficult to obtain, since the tomes section of the auction house is currently empty. In that case, the Xmas Blessing might well be the easiest way to obtain this side-benefit.

I don't know exactly what drops them, but you can trade cards in old HT for fragments. There's some boxes from some event or whatever that give them as well.
    The tomes that you can craft are easily at least 5x better than the event blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Chadeaux - Heavens Tear
    Chadeaux - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If the pet feeding is removed from the crit blessing, THEN THE CRIT BLESSING MUST GO IN THE BLESS BOX SLOT.
    "Knowledge speaks... Wisdom listens..."
    Noir ^;;^ moi[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Djkinetic - Heavens Tear
    Djkinetic - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wow do u guys really not think.... the fact that it had this effect was a freaking bonus... it benefited everyone... a pet tome is what 2 gold every week...everyone here whines about the price of cash shop items and then u get this unexpected bonus and u go and ruin it for the rest of us...if u ignorant trolls wouldn't have said anything...you would have saved yourself alot of in game coin and gold over the long run...but gg i guess you guys like to burn money for nothing...ffs its true what they say there's an idiot born every minute sigh!!! enough of my rant...
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wow do u guys really not think.... the fact that it had this effect was a freaking bonus... it benefited everyone... a pet tome is what 2 gold every week...everyone here whines about the price of cash shop items and then u get this unexpected bonus and u go and ruin it for the rest of us...if u ignorant trolls wouldn't have said anything...you would have saved yourself alot of in game coin and gold over the long run...but gg i guess you guys like to burn money for nothing...ffs its true what they say there's an idiot born every minute sigh!!! enough of my rant...

I think you are assuming that the staff would "fix" this beneficial side effect by removing it in a future patch and that the dev's wouldn't have known about this effect without players posting about it.

Who's to say that it isn't supposed to have the effect? Perhaps it is working as intended and that our support team just wasn't aware of all the little details in the patch.

From much experience, I can tell you that the mother company over in Beijing is not the greatest at letting the various staffs that support all these different versions know what's in each patch.

For example...this silly True Friendship thing I got from a mob. No info on it anywhere and even another version I play, the staff admits not knowing it was in the patch.

I say the Blessing with the Pet Feeding bonus is perfect. All classes can take advantage of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Djkinetic - Heavens Tear
    Djkinetic - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think you are assuming that the staff would "fix" this beneficial side effect by removing it in a future patch and that the dev's wouldn't have known about this effect without players posting about it.

Who's to say that it isn't supposed to have the effect? Perhaps it is working as intended and that our support team just wasn't aware of all the little details in the patch.

From much experience, I can tell you that the mother company over in Beijing is not the greatest at letting the various staffs that support all these different versions know what's in each patch.

For example...this silly True Friendship thing I got from a mob. No info on it anywhere and even another version I play, the staff admits not knowing it was in the patch.

I say the Blessing with the Pet Feeding bonus is perfect. All classes can take advantage of it.

when someone posts about reporting the effect to a gm and asking to fix it then yes..i'm going to assume like most that this wasn't intended intentionally and that they will patch it.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    when someone posts about reporting the effect to a gm and asking to fix it then yes..i'm going to assume like most that this wasn't intended intentionally and that they will patch it.

Just because someone else thought it was a bug doesn't mean it is. Since it was already known that other tome slot items have the same benefit, it seems more likely to be an undocumented feature. If you study some PW press releases, you'll see that they have a staggering number of players, who each pay, on average, very little each month in the cash shop. PW's business strategy has been to make cash shop items less mandatory than other F2P games, and that strategy has paid off handsomely. This may be merely another example.

Even if it is a bug, there's a good chance it won't be fixed no matter how much folks talk about it. After years, Gouf and other bosses can still be glitched by flying pets, Qingzhi can still be lured through the door in FB29, and archers still have to duel someone to start their zhen AoE--all despite huge threads full of trolls, rants, and flames about these issues.
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    there is a slot for blessing. for some reason this one is going in the wrong slot. i believe because its going into the pet food slot, the game recognises it as such, and is therefore a bug.

most likely there will be a patch to correct this mistake, allowing blessing to go correctly into the blessing slot and not into the food slot.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ^ useless blabla

Aslong as it works as pet tome, abuse it (which will take the same time as the fix for the bleeding of venos pet, IF it is a bug). If it gets moved, where is the problem? You can just use your previous auto feed cash shop item and be happy, why are you guys still talking about that? IT wont change anything.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    there is a slot for blessing. for some reason this one is going in the wrong slot.

No, the Xmas Blessing goes in the intended slot:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1232561

Whether its effect on pets is intentional is another question. I believe it is. You can use potions and meditation instead of buying charms. You can grind repeatable quests, kill wraiths, and collect reputation drops instead of buying wedding candies. And you can use crafted tomes or the Xmas blessing instead of buying pet tomes. Free or cash shop, it's your choice. That's one of the things that makes Perfect World so great.
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    gj GM b:victory
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No, the Xmas Blessing goes in the intended slot:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1232561

Whether its effect on pets is intentional is another question. I believe it is. You can use potions and meditation instead of buying charms. You can grind repeatable quests, kill wraiths, and collect reputation drops instead of buying wedding candies. And you can use crafted tomes or the Xmas blessing instead of buying pet tomes. Free or cash shop, it's your choice. That's one of the things that makes Perfect World so great.

I've noticed this as well. There is almost always an in-game alternative to using the cash shop for pretty much everything. The stuff outside of the cash shop is just a lot harder to get of course. One of the reasons this game blows away the last one I played. That one was all about the cash shop, 100% cash shop dependant. Here, you can use things that are not from the cash shop for the same effects. Yay for developers that actually know how to make a good game!b:thanks
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've noticed this as well. There is almost always an in-game alternative to using the cash shop for pretty much everything. The stuff outside of the cash shop is just a lot harder to get of course. One of the reasons this game blows away the last one I played. That one was all about the cash shop, 100% cash shop dependant. Here, you can use things that are not from the cash shop for the same effects. Yay for developers that actually know how to make a good game!b:thanks

Alternative or not, there's this magical place called the Auctioneer where you can just buy gold and get the CS item anyway. For venomancers without access to RL money, the pet book thing would be just 220k a week (based on current prices) if there was no blessing. That's not even half your TW salary if you're in a decent guild.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So instead of bickering about it, why don't we just simply thank the dev team!

Thank you Dev team for this! And thank you staff for giving us the full time for the event to gather all the cards (unlike that crappy PW-MY which removed the quests already...sucks to be them!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Of course we are happy about this but I'm pretty damn sure a few weeks from now the feeding part will be disabled.
    Then for the smartass that responded we can just buy the gold from the AH (of course we all know this) how do you suppose we use the xmas blessing AND the pet feed book in the SAME SLOT? (yes im a veno with a crit build that now has 11% crit and would like to use the xmas blessing not just to feed my pet)
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Of course we are happy about this but I'm pretty damn sure a few weeks from now the feeding part will be disabled.
    Then for the smartass that responded we can just buy the gold from the AH (of course we all know this) how do you suppose we use the xmas blessing AND the pet feed book in the SAME SLOT? (yes im a veno with a crit build that now has 11% crit and would like to use the xmas blessing not just to feed my pet)

I'm not even going to properly address your assumption that "everyone knows this".

But yes, if they remove the feeding feature then we'll go back to using the pet book. If you're going to build your character around crit hits then you can make a whole new thread to QQ in afterwards. b:bye
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sorry, for ressing dead topic, but want to make something clear. Blessing of Xmas is not a bless box at all and its a mystical tome. Just look at the mystical tomes in 1k streams and compare, they look just like the event item.

Blessing of Xmas is in the right spot.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.