Seriously?

2»

Comments

• CutiePup - Sanctuary
    CutiePup - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    nuf said.

And again I will reiterate what has been said - 'kids at an early age' should not be playing this game.

And 13 year olds are still kids, unless you intend for every one to part of the Jewish race.
  • Evermyst - Sanctuary
    Evermyst - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Bottom line, this arguement is pointless. People all have their opinions and no one is going to change your opinion. Yes it is depressing, but it is true. If you don't have kids playing the game, then don't worry about it, and if you do, then handle it the way you want to if, and only if, they ask you about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud leader of the RaynDown faction

RaynDown
    Chaos Rayns Down

Join Today!!
  • Khristine - Heavens Tear
    Khristine - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    This is a game full of violence, scantily-clad women, orcs (or whatever they are) threatening life and limb, and you're worried about a semi-sarcastic line of emo-ism from a snowman?

This isn't a kid's game to start with. If young kids are playing, the weight of that line is less likely to really have an effect (most kids tend to ignore what they don't understand) than the swearing, gratuitous flesh, and some pretty disturbing-looking monsters (Death knights, and that Sword Tamer.. *shudder*). I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • tenbatsu
    tenbatsu Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Oh dear god.... /shoots self

This is a game where people slash, bash, stab, arrow, and burn monsters and each other. A game filled with scantily clad women. A game where people are free to say anything in local and world chat. A game where if you died you just click the revive button.

Yet this one line of text is so horrifying that we're destroying our childrens psyche is all you're concerned with.

Drama queen =p

Wait, I can one up you on this. Give me about an hour.
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    The following is personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinions or stances of Perfect World Entertainment or PWE staff.

This game is intended for those over the age of 18, or those over the age of 13 with parental notification.

did ya read that? so get over itb:laugh
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    And 13 year olds are still kids, unless you intend for every one to part of the Jewish race.

I find your words suspicious and inappropriate, Mrs '' We should not say nasty things '' b:scorn
  • tenbatsu
    tenbatsu Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What about the children?! Won't somebody please think of the children!?

worldhistoryxxxch7.png

bow chicka wow wow b:laugh
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PWi - programmed by Men. b:chuckle
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes this game should be like the english dub of Yu-Gi-Oh where every death reference gets completely censored. b:laugh

I'm pretty sure 13 and up year olds are aware of death and begin to develope a taste for morbidity. b:bye

But with the provocative females and half naked urdines, mermaids and such it is intended for those a little older at least or with parental permission....
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Malcuid - Sanctuary
    Malcuid - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is it cruel to be honest with your kids and to tell them the truth?
    I don't think so
  • CutiePup - Sanctuary
    CutiePup - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I find your words suspicious and inappropriate, Mrs '' We should not say nasty things '' b:scorn

b:sweat Hope you know that in the Jewish race boys at the age of 13 attend a Barmitzvah in where they become such a "man."
  • Aethereus - Heavens Tear
    Aethereus - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I found it somewhat amusing coming out of a snowman. It was just sour it had to die sooner than us <.<... but really, if you think that was depressing, just give the NPC on the nameless isle a chat. It wants you to kill it so it doesn't harm anyone else...

...I've adopted that npc btw. ^^;
    Diurnus - Heaven's Tear
  • Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is this really what we want to teach to the younger generation? b:scorn

whatthefg2.png

I may be taking this too seriously, but it's just something that caught my eye...

Why are the snowman emo? b:cry
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ok we are focusing on the wrong part of what the dead snowmen said

all that is saying enjoy your life because you wont have it forever, think of the countless people who live their lifes depressed because no one ever told them to live it, if you ask me its a GOOD saying and by far my favorit form the little snowmen, of course you will die in the end, kids know that they just do, but you shouldnt look at the death part of it, but you should strongly focus on the enjoy part of it, lifes alot better when you take controll of your own destany and enjoy your life.

so there simple fix, no way to deny it, you were just looking at it wrong is all, but in the end its somthing that probably needs to be drilled into peoples minds, we all know hard headed jerks do nothing but ruin lifes, all because they never learnd how to enjoy life, and whats ironic about this is those people seem to think they are invincable, and then when they realise they too are mortal they change their ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    b:sweat Hope you know that in the Jewish race boys at the age of 13 attend a Barmitzvah in where they become such a "man."

well that was off subject hahahha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ohh please, this argument is pointless. If your personal beliefs don't reflect something said by a snowman please don't get offended by it; just ignore it and keep playing. Yes, I agree its a bit melancholic for a Christmas event, but it's just a line. Just forget it, the snowmen seem to be depressed that they're being hunted in a large scale and they throw sarcastic comments just to throw us off. Please stop being so picky with this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • tallia
    tallia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It was probably translated from Latin into Chinese into English.
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well, everyone does die in the end. I mean, any child old enough understand and play this game would probably know that already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • Jesmae - Lost City
    Jesmae - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah that really took the fun out of killing snowmen, lol.
  • Enyah - Heavens Tear
    Enyah - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lydia138 wrote: »
    u think thats bad..
    possiblelegaladvantageex0.jpg

...I don't see what's wrong with that. There are much worst "cuss" words out there, and really, I don't even consider that word one.

Now..if you're being sarcastic, I feel like an idiot. lmao.
    The name's Pam~
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah that princess outside North Archosaur called Duke a b[bleep]d. :P
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i talked to a blasksmith and he said like 3 or four curses, "Enjoy your life, because everyone dies in the end." is nothing.
    this game is full of half naked undines, curses, and it's got quite a few npc's you talk to and they'll give you some depressing phrase much worse, this game isn't for eight year olds!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • neios
    neios Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There are plenty of worse things said in game than such. If you're offended by that alone then maybe it's time to pack up and move to the Hello Kitty MMO.
  • Jagterra - Sanctuary
    Jagterra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    neios wrote: »
    There are plenty of worse things said in game than such. If you're offended by that alone then maybe it's time to pack up and move to the Hello Kitty MMO.

This made me b:chuckle bigtime!

As for the emo snowmen, with the standard minimum age in this game, nevermind the other visual "stimulants"... a whiney snowman Isn't anything to be worried about.
  • WaterClaw - Heavens Tear
    WaterClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I doubt 8 years old play this kind of games... they're a bit complicated in the end... and if they do, they probably know what death is by now, and that everyone ends up to the same destination... what do u think u do to those monsters all day long? U digitally kill them.

so please give me a break with all that hypocrisy for a simple expression or word. If the kid is yours you make sure he/she has activities that develop his/her imagination, not his/her 'lust for blood' (or smtg like that u have to say after doing one-man-army quests).

there are even worse games than this. anyone here played cabal? THAT's a problem game. players are forced to betray in order to continue quests... chain quests that both get u killed thousand times but give good exp and rep. (u get good rep after betraying people's trust, what do u think of this?)

so if ur worried for ur kid just give him/her smtg else to do. Like take him/her to an art class, or martial arts class, or some clubs, or whatever...
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ...I don't see what's wrong with that. There are much worst "cuss" words out there, and really, I don't even consider that word one.

Now..if you're being sarcastic, I feel like an idiot. lmao.

Actually you are totally right there... in that context it really isn't a cuss word... its talkin about the actual place... now if you tell someone "Go to hell" then its a cuss word but in that context, its not....
  • Bitisu - Lost City
    Bitisu - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    mmorpg
    many men online r playing girls
    or
    PWI-the perfect woman image^^
    i like the second one^^
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No, it's cruel to tell your kid that everyone will eventually die. Don't twist my words.

No it's not.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    mmorpg
    many men online r playing girls
    or
    PWI-the perfect woman image^^
    i like the second one^^

Can you, like, come up with something original besides parroting some over-used cliche?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyllina - Heavens Tear
    Vyllina - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can't believe that this thread is still even generating responses...including my response right now! b:shutup
    Venomancer of Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **Thanks to Forsankenx for my sig!