Lag Problem

vangross
vangross Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Support Desk
Well hello everyone, i have this problem:

Since this morning i tried to play PW but i got a lot of lag with the game, i asked recently another player if he had any problem but he told me everything was fine, so i want to know if its a problem with the game or what can i do, because i checked if it was my internet conecction but it seems to be alright ( i even can play another online game without trouble ) so i was wondering what's wrong and what can i do to solve this, by the way i'm from Mexico, so maybe its the conecction with the server and my country or something like that ?

Thx in advance for any help. Bye.
Post edited by vangross on

Comments

• scottro
    scottro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    game lags like crazy for me too - tried 2 different servers.... for example, i'll be running towards some coins to pick them up as soon as my character gets to them the game "warps" him back to where i started running from - like it's stuck in a loop.... I live in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia, have a pretty nice computer and DSL - from what I read, apparently the game's servers are located over in Asia? This would explain why I'm getting a TON of lag / latency... oh well, the game looks fun but it's not worth playing when it takes 5 minutes to click on an item or attack something.. lol.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No, the servers are located in the continental United States. You can do a fairly quick check of latency between your location and the border to the game servers by running a "tracert pwigc3.perfectworld.com" from the command prompt. This won't get into the actual game servers, but their local network is tested internally, and it's not a problem for the vast majority of players.

I'd personally recommend checking your LAN. In particular, wireless network connections can have a high enough rate of dropped packets to seem "laggy", and I'd recommend either switching to a wired network or clearing major 2.4GHz interference, like that from microwaves or cordless phones, from around your computer and router.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DjAligator - Sanctuary
    DjAligator - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    and me i have alot of lag and died some times :(, and it's not my connections fault. You need to upgrade the bandwidth server cuz everyday is more players play the game.
  • Caliburnus - Heavens Tear
    Caliburnus - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im getting alot of lag too... mostly at night time (new zealand time), but others from my country don't seem too. Hardware is well spec'd and internet tests seem fine. Other games run ok.

Game play seems to get slower and slower, click on a mob wait 2-8 sec before the mob is selected then run and attack.. first hit is displayed then a big pause for anywhere from 8 sec to 20 sec. If i click the spirit attacks as tho my character was doing them in real time after the big pause I see them run in sequence very fast. This is a very annoying problem and has caused me to die (well at least my character to) a few times lately.. i tried a tracert as suggested by gattsuru tracert pwigc3.perfectworld.com after 10 hops it times out.

(last successful hop in trace)
    10 183 ms 184 ms 183 ms edge2.ve255.sje-sje004-764.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.149.54]

any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.