How do I...?

sabinatiye
sabinatiye Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have just started playing this game as an elf - i am on the 2nd part of a quest and have to kill some beetle things, I have run out of arrows, how do I get more? there doesnt seem to be a merchant or anything that sells them. I am stuck before I really get started.
Post edited by sabinatiye on

Comments

• Oerba - Sanctuary
    Oerba - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There will probably be better answers later, but in case you need an answer quick...

Arrows might drop from some mobs, you can look and see if other players left it on the ground. If you find other weapons from monsters, you can equip that too. You don't have to use only bow and arrow. If desperate, you could always fight unarmed, since the starting area monsters aren't too tough.
  • Iulianna - Heavens Tear
    Iulianna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    u can buy arrows from blacksmith...
  • sabinatiye
    edited December 2008
    Well I have 500 arrows as loot, but I cant move them into the ammunition slot in my inventory, I have eventually found a blacksmith, but dont want to buy more if i cant get them into the ammunition slot. How do you kill animals without a weapon? Punch them to death b:chuckle
  • sabinatiye
    edited December 2008
    OK yeah I punch them to death, that is so cool lol
  • Harsha - Sanctuary
    Harsha - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Right click on the arrows to equip them.
  • fsk
    fsk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    b:laugh u should check up which lv your bow is xD
    I also had the problem first till I found out about that XD
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    As an archer you start with a lvl 1 bow, and lvl 1 arrows. As soon as you finish you're first mission, you'll get a lvl 2 bow with some lvl 2 arrows.

So there are 3 options:
    1)You didn't switch the bow, so you can't use you're lvl 2 arrows. In that case, just switch the bow.
    2)You switched the bow but ran out of lvl 2 arrows. In that case, go to the blacksmith and buy arrows. (or look for some drops)
    3)You haven't got your lvl 2 bow yet, and ran out of arrows. In that case I hope you have found another weapon droped by the mobs, because I believe it isn't possible to get lvl 1 equipment.
  • magicboy7111
    magicboy7111 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    FYI, the starting arrows and the arrows that you recieve are BOTH level 1 arrows. The difference is that the starting arrows have +1 physical attack while the woven fang arrows have +3. This means that any bow can use the woven fang arrows that you recieve from the starting quest.
  • sabinatiye
    edited December 2008
    OK well I have punched most of the mobs to death - I have woven fang arrows that wont equip, the original bow that will. A new bow that I cant use yet as I need 6 dexterity. I have also purchased a pickaxe that I cant seem to put into my inventory. I am thinking perhaps I am doing some of this stuff in the wrong order *sigh* b:sad
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, I tried an archer when I started PWI, but the wolvenfang arrows, and the bow you start with aren't compatible. I remember it took me some time to understand why I couldn't use my bow anymore. That's why I'm quite sure the wolvenfang arrows only go on a lvl 2+ bow.

But I could be wrong, since it has been some time I deleted my archer. Barbs don't have amunition problems b:victory
  • Ownt - Lost City
    Ownt - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You have to go to your char screen then distribute your attribute points. Personally I put 4 into dex and one into str every level.

You should be able to equip your bow once you place those points.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    sabinatiye wrote: »
    OK well I have punched most of the mobs to death - I have woven fang arrows that wont equip, the original bow that will. A new bow that I cant use yet as I need 6 dexterity. I have also purchased a pickaxe that I cant seem to put into my inventory. I am thinking perhaps I am doing some of this stuff in the wrong order *sigh* b:sad

go to your character screen put a point into dex, equip your new bow then the arrows.

Pickaxe does not need to be equipped just in your inventory to harvest materials
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You'll probably want to drop by a Blacksmith to buy more arrows.

To upgrade your stats, go to the Character Screen ("C" key). It should look as follows :

increasedex.jpg

The information in the Green box lists how many spare points you have. Each level awards you with 5 points. By clicking the up arrow near the Dexterity box, labelled red in the above image, you can increase that stat in exchange for one of your Attribute Points. Clicking Done (labelled light blue) will finalize that.

Dexterity improves damage done through ranged weapons, critical hit chance, dodge chance, and hit chance.

Note that you may not want to simply dump every point you get into Dexterity -- as an archer you get quite a lot from it, but you'll also need a bit of Strength to keep up with the newest Light Armor. You may or may not want to put a few points into Vitality (for the extra health) or Magic (for the extra mana).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Don't know much about archers but here goes.

Archers can use 3 types of weapons: bows, crossbows and slingshots (not sure what this last one is called).

Each weapon has its own type of ammo and you cant equip one for the other. Bows only use arrows, Crossbows only use bolts, Slingshots only use shots.

What you need to do.

1. Determine the level of your bow. Shows up in the item description as Lv X.
    2. Determine what ammo you've got. Ammo description will say (for e.g.) "can be used by Lv4-16 weapon". That means your bow must be lvl4 or higher to use that ammo.
    3. Ensure ammo is of the correct type. I used to get confused between the arrows and bolts, since they almost look identical.

One of these will be the problem.
    Once you are level 5 you can begin crafting. You can harvest materials, as long as you have a shovel in your inventory.
    You can purchase ammo directly for coins at the blacksmith and you can craft (make) ammo from the materials you have collected at the craftsman.
    You can use the co-ordinates tool to find any type of NPC once you enter the town.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842