Pker on LC

DarkTriaz - Lost City
DarkTriaz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Now that i have played around with different classes on PvE servers for about a week, I am ready to roll a character on LC ( I have always played mmorpgs on pvp servers).

My question is this: what is going to be a more effective PKer LA mage, BM (thinking dex blade build but not sure) or archer.....not sure i could stick with an archer build got kinda bored with archer on PvE server. But if they are heads and shoulders above the other 2 classes mentioned i may be able to stick it out with that in mind.

Anyways any input from the more experienced PKers will be appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by DarkTriaz - Lost City on

Comments

• Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Archers are pretty feared on here so far as pkers. Bug abusing Venomancers too with phoenix. But thats because they attack you from so far away and do alot of damage. But best PvP class would maybe be Axe BMs
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Archers are pretty feared on here so far as pkers. Bug abusing Venomancers too with phoenix. But thats because they attack you from so far away and do alot of damage. But best PvP class would maybe be Axe BMs

Nah, since most of the PvP take place in the air, blademasters are not really that efficient until we get our level 79 skill, smack. Even then, an archer or a werefox is still much better.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Archer.

10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • DarkTriaz - Lost City
    DarkTriaz - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well thanks for the replies. I'm kinda new still to this game but a lil suprised that mage didn't get any love in this thread, just from playing around with one till 20ish seems like with thier shields,range and different damage types they would be a good pker. But I am sure you guys know way better than me at this point.

Veno was kinda fun to start with, but i usually get bored with pet classes most pet classes grow boring to level with for me.

thanks for the input
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Well thanks for the replies. I'm kinda new still to this game but a lil suprised that mage didn't get any love in this thread, just from playing around with one till 20ish seems like with thier shields,range and different damage types they would be a good pker. But I am sure you guys know way better than me at this point.

Veno was kinda fun to start with, but i usually get bored with pet classes most pet classes grow boring to level with for me.

thanks for the input

For the record, I'm a 86 mage.

Archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    mage and warrior imo are better TW classes than archer.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    mage and warrior imo are better TW classes than archer.

mages are 1 hit material in TW

a good build WF can **** any1 (with phoenix ofc b:surrender )
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Archer or LA mage.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    TW = WR > EA > MG
    PVP = EA > WR > MG

Mages are so squishy.
    Of course fox > all if played competently, and have good heavy or light armor +5. Weapon's mostly irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    TW = WR > EA > MG
    PVP = EA > WR > MG

Mages are so squishy.
    Of course fox > all if played competently, and have good heavy or light armor +5. Weapon's mostly irrelevant.

with cash shop pet.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If you are looking for damage go for a mage.
    If you want ownage, go for an archer.
    If you want to survive, annoy and fight back play a Blademaster.
    If you don't want to die but ready to take some punishment, play a Barbarian.

If you are too lazy and rich, play a venomancer.

but the end game is all about
    Mages > Blademasters > Archers

A venomancer may be strong at the 8X to 9X levels but at end game, an archer and a mage can "out range" a venomancer and her pet, so if they aimed a nuke at the veno it's probably dead before it's pet even reaches you. This ofcourse is assuming your archer or mage is built right and have the best equips.

In the case of a blade master, They can stun lock, seal, freeze well... if they catch you consider yourself dead. The stun lock is the best protection in this game. If done right a blade master wont need a hiero to survive.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ^ when the bm is stunned, it is over, usually.

Get an Archer + Axe Ultimate skill spammer and your on the win trip.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    with cash shop pet.
    rikako wrote: »
    ^ when the bm is stunned, it is over, usually.

Get an Archer + Axe Ultimate skill spammer and your on the win trip.
    Smart BMs don't get stunned.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    n0ob wrote: »
    If you are looking for damage go for a mage.
    If you want ownage, go for an archer.
    If you want to survive, annoy and fight back play a Blademaster.
    If you don't want to die but ready to take some punishment, play a Barbarian.

If you are too lazy and rich, play a venomancer.

but the end game is all about
    Mages > Blademasters > Archers

Hmm I disagree with that statement tho, a 8jun archer is the last thing you want to fight endgame.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Smart peoples wont get stunned then too? Bm useless again? Your comment is not valid, because it works for everything.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    dekciw wrote: »
    Hmm I disagree with that statement tho, a 8jun archer is the last thing you want to fight endgame.

JUST WAIT UNTIL 8JUN

just wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So...who's going to be the first to sell their car to get wedding candies for 8jun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So...who's going to be the first to sell their HOUSE AND ALL WORLDLY POSSESSIONS BESIDES THERE COMPUTER to get wedding candies for 8jun?

fixed.

lawl @ car lor
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I dunno, who was the first to sell their PS3 for a Phoenix?

A better question could be: "Who's gonna be the first butthurt idiot crying on the forums because they got their **** kicked by someone with 8jun?"
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I dunno, who was the first to sell their PS3 for a Phoenix?

A better question could be: "Who's gonna be the first butthurt idiot crying on the forums because they got their **** kicked by someone with 8jun?"

Deity. 10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Deity. 10 chars

I guess the re.tard doesn't possess the logic to comprehend that I will be on warsoul by the time someone else has a 8jun. b:victory
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I guess the re.tard doesn't possess the logic to comprehend that I will be on warsoul by the time someone else has a 8jun. b:victory

The **** doesn't know how it works. I encourage you to start farming your warsoul as quickly and as hard as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    The **** doesn't know how it works. I encourage you to start farming your warsoul as quickly and as hard as possible.

The **** has no clue at all. With no sig drops in fb89, good luck with the 8jun esp since we don't even know if candies will ever be out. b:victory
  • Image - Lost City
    Image - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    100 each warsoul mat needed for each of the 7

150 belial souls for just covering the hh warsoul mat needed

I gave up reading after that b:cry

Edit... nearly 20k rep probably would be more if i didnt waste time till lvl 80 on other bs wasnt from my had no idea what rep was used for till 80...
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Class dont matter each can be equally killer later on your gear will determine who you pwn and who pwns you simple.
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • Mt - Lost City
    Mt - Lost City Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Archers are mean b:cry
    . . . . . .
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you've got the money, a heavy armour veno with nix beats anything else extremely easily. Extreeemely easily. Nothing else stands a chance against it 1 vs. 1.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Mt - Lost City
    Mt - Lost City Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    If you've got the money

If you have the money you can make any class a PAIN actually >.>
    . . . . . .
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    WB owns all, except maybe Heavy armour veno. i have some trouble with HA venos if i dont crit and stun.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]