Question before I get banned. (No Gouf content)

Options
13»

Comments

• WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Should I not have Ch'in do nasty things to people?

I just wanted to laugh at this b:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • crazyxkeunz
    crazyxkeunz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Join the Lost City Server, everyone would love to have you *wink wink*b:laugh
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I was thinking you know what would be most evil,

trying to kite Ch'in or Farng or Krrix to Broken Bow Bluff where there are tons of lvl 20-30's close together. AHahah (laughing as I imagine this happening.) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Hirogi - Heavens Tear
    Hirogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hahaha! Forget the other whinny people. This is a game, an MMO at that. If you dont like how its played then get off and go play some other game. Almost anything can happen in PW, even getting **** by some lvl 70 something monster when your off trying to buy potions for your next quest. Thats just the fun of the game...even if you die. >> But still, people need to grow up and keep an open mind. If you get PK'ed then why the heck did you have your name white? Or why didnt you fight back? Even if you did and lost, then oh well! Get back to town, heal and get back out there so that you can go and PK someone else to avenge your lost life. I mean really, calling someone a noob because you died only means that your the noob that cant handle a game that is meant to kill things, get gold, and look cool for once in your life....well to yourself at least. In any case, still...i dont know what else to say...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Shadows are watching. They will always protect you.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe you guys resurrected this thread.

It's funny what a difference 20 levels makes. Now that I'm a little higher up and in a large faction, my focus is getting as high level as possible and getting the best gear I can in preparation for PVP TW. PKing and running around being a butthead is great and all, but not very profitable unless you spend some real life cash. (Which I have not done since I found out I can't lure Chin.)

Who knows, maybe one day when I'm stuck at a point where I'm sick of grinding out 80% of my level, I'll throw on some low level gear, go into PK mode, and hang out in the lowbie areas until someone tries to PK me.

For those who love me, RAWR!
    For those who don't...rawr.

Anyway, I might as well let everyone know that I'm putting my lion mount for public auction later today if anyone wants to try for it. I will NOT accept coins/items. All bids will be in multiples of 5 organic glues, with the opening bid at 100 organic glues. All I want is organic glue. Go start farming it. I'll throw up a world chat tonight to start the bidding.

And don't ask me what I want the organic glue for. That's between me and the glue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    gattsuru wrote: »
    I know you claim to have read them, but here are the terms of service (with the disclaimer than I am Not A Lawyer) :

Note that this is an inclusive list, rather than an exclusive one, and that PWE hold the right to terminate a user account at any time for any reason or even for no reason. They do seem to try and be reasonable about things, though.

Harassment of another player is not allowed. Stealing items another player legitimately earned is, likewise, not allowed. Intentionally killing blue-name characters with the use of a mob is almost certainly a violation of the above list. I can't speak for the GMs in this game, but it would not be surprising if they felt it was worth a few days without access to the Service and a stern warning.

Being crude and less than civil is... not advised. While being rude or starting an unfair fight without going to the lengths of harassment is not, on its own, a violation of the terms of service automatically, it does reflect poorly on a person playing a character. Say what you will about karma, but names do go around.

I concur. Not only that . . . I feel that Luring a boss into an area where it should not be, intentionally is impeding of peoples gameplay. I lost over 50k EXP with people doing that in Heroes Tomb tonight. I finally had to give up trying to save my Charge and Take Dismal BACK to where he belonged more than once after he killed me.

Of course I got yelled at and the usual "I hate Venos" and stuff. But honestly I was sick of it. I was JUST trying to help my friend do a quest and I kept getting needlessly killed because people were luring an AoE boss around Heroes Tomb. That is REALLY not fair especially on a PVE server, and my poor little BM Charge was ONLY level 35. We gave up trying to do what we were doing because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    And don't ask me what I want the organic glue for. That's between me and the glue.

I know I shouldn't spam the forum especially as a mod but... That bit of your post made me laugh so much! b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Lol, I love the fact that this is all on a PVE server, and people are crying when they themselves "forgot" to take off PK mode. KEEP KITING!!!!!b:laugh Just laugh off the silly threats.

Uhm it's not the PK MOde being ON...Kiting Bosses kills BLUE names and that's not cool at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Tador - Heavens Tear
    Tador - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think its all right if someone lures the boss around. Once one of my friends told me that Anglers Village was filled with dead bodies b:laugh and its always fun making a team effort to kill it. If luring is done repeatedly then thats bad.

As for PKilling if you dont want to be PKed then dont turn it on.
  • Fluffymuff - Heavens Tear
    Fluffymuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So, when you play with Ch'in are you in pk mode? b:chuckle

Seriously though, imho, as long as your not luring it into safe areas, have your fun. I have seen folk lure Suzie into safe zones and its not pretty.

My advice to anyone this happens to: go pk him if you're that angry. If you lose, go go level up and do it again.

b:kissb:victory
  • ahzu
    ahzu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    personally i feel, on a PVE server, players can choose to be in pk mode or normal mode.

there is nothing wrong with jumping on white names because they choose to be in pk mode.

but pulling a monster to kill those in normal mode is not fair for those people. and Chin AOE people with or without pk mode.

2cents.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i would say.. better than me lol
    i pulled mobs from all the way from angler's village to ARCH
    it keep hit me with ice made me slow and follow lol
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    pking is fine luring chin is fine long as you didn't pull him into the safe area's and actually into town's. I been attacked by chin couple times in anglers and by virridis and jewels in town of arrivals and those people that did that should be banned you haven't really done anything wrong but as the TOS says they can ban you without a reason at all if they choose to so i imagine if they get flooded with complaints over you then you'll get trouble
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    if you disturb the gameplay and stuff, you can be banned. i think it's on the tos

killing blue names with a boss.... -.- tsk tsk tsk
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Laurice - Heavens Tear
    Laurice - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm sorry I HAD to laugh after I started reading this post. Talk about hilarious OMG! Errmm by the way you got me as well in one of your Ch'in rampages, I lmao then too. Lovin' your sense of humor! Too bad more people can't see it for what it is.. good clean FUN! When you fail to see humor in a gaming situation maybe it's time to step back and chill lol. Anyway here's wishing you luck on the ban thing. (I'm thinking they worded the TOS vaguely enough to ban you if they wanted to.) b:mischievous
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    people in PvE servers know the risk when they enter PvP mode. Unless they were blue-named then those players should have no right in reporting you. Now if you were to kit a monster to kill blue-names like a certain player in Santuary server (no names mentioned but theres a few ppl who know this girl/guy), that would be a banable offence but by the way you made it sound as just a normal PK then there should be no problem other then the fact that some people just look down on PKers when out of their server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HoLyVieR - Sanctuary
    HoLyVieR - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    When you switch to PK Mode, it's a risk you take to be killed by anyone that can come and run away. It's stated when you switch to PK Mode. This is how it's design and you choose to be in PK Mode. You have to assume to consequence if a jerk comes to kill you and run away.

For boss luring, there is 2 important question to answer. First is it consider a bug to lure boss to a specific location ? If it is, how can you make the difference between someone that accidently lured it or intentionnally lured it ?

What you did was using game as it was design, you took aggro of the boss (design says when you attack a monster you get the aggro), you lured it (design says it's gonna folllow you for a huge range), you ran away to a safe zone (design says it's gonna stay outside of that region and try to attack you from there, this include using it's aoe attack).

Since there is no bug implicated and no abnormal use of game mecanic, it's not bug abusing.

For the second question, even if it was consider as a bug, there is no way of knowing if it was done intentionnally or no. Going to a safe zone is my first reflex when a boss is running after me.
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A safe zone is only safe from PK and not from mobs.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • Lyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Lyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You are playing a game; having fun; keeping it in good taste by not using profanities; you are wise enough to ignore those, most of the time filled with typos :P), whispers...my opinion, keep having fun b:chuckle
  • Anira_jhol - Sanctuary
    Anira_jhol - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    In all honesty, I did find some humor in the original starter's post. But....and yes there has to be one....
    Many of us do work very hard at gaining the exp. and for someone to lure a high lvl mob or boss into an area where alot of low lvls are just to have an excuse to kill those not in pk mode is wrong. It tends to anger many of those players...and in the end causes them to lash out at you or whoever had done it...with vulgar language, etc...

If it was done as an accident, then that can be forgivable...but to intentionally do it, just because you wanted to see someone die, is wrong. My opinion, I believe that any mob/boss should be auto programmed to stop at a certain distance from any safe zone, etc...and also should stop chasing someone once they are out of the way...not lure them across the map from it's original location to an all new location, just to see it kill all the lower levels there.

Yes I believe some kind of punishment should be given to those doing this, etc...but banning someone for it seems too harsh...unless they continue to do it.

I myself was in the middle of the Hall of Deception, when one in our squad purposely brought out Dismal...killed us all. Yes I was angry...to have to die without a chance and lose exp....really had everyone besides her in the squad angry. We squaded up again without her, ran the FB and got through it....

Next night, another ran from Dismal, all the way to the safe zone in the front, which everyone out there died. I watched it and remember thinking that was completely wrong. Dismal should be programmed to stop right at the door and then turn and return to his location...not go all the way in there to kill everyone.

Game might be in Beta, but it needs alot of work in my opinion when it comes to these things. Another is when someone goes into pk mode, they should find a way to auto transport them to another server, or atleast an area where all pkers are.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Is it possible to kill cat shops?
    If it is and you're in the Sanctuary server, do me a favor and bring a boss to west archosaur. I'd really enjoy it....oh yes I would.b:sin
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • HunterPrime - Lost City
    HunterPrime - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Keep up the good work IMO ^^ If people can't take being grieved then GO PLAY HELLO KITTY ONLINE! Bunch of carebears can't take a little bit of fun...

omg that made me LOL so hard. ty for that comment =D
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So, instead of aggro for 5 minutes, bosses should have an aggro time without taking damage of about 20 seconds. Then unless you really kited the thing with an entire squad the boss would not leave its designated spawn area.

Problem solved, no need for warnings or bans.
  • Seyto - Heavens Tear
    Seyto - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't think it is/should be a bannable offence, but in a few other games i've played it is, so unless you're actually doing something "illegal" you should be fine! b:victory
  • omniscience
    omniscience Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think that we all deserve the right to be a jerk, and i respect you for being so honest and so much of an *******
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol, yea, it was just a bit of fun. Don't take it personally (it wasn't) and get on with your life (real or not).

Basically what most everyone else said.

BUT! It is a bannable offense, not because you directly violated the terms of service, but because they can ban you for no reason, says it right in the terms. I'm just too lazy to find the quote.
  • HeLium - Lost City
    HeLium - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ZOMG u deserve a pat on ur back, not a ban ^^ making fun of ppl and sarcastic remarks is the engine of mmorpg world! b:pleased
  • ladiec
    ladiec Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    in my opinion Ban Ban ban ban your the type of person we avoid anywhere and probly the reason we play games to relax.
    most and farmost you have no clue what evil is.
    If you were evil as you say you would not be playing a game and pretenting to be sumthing that your not you would probly be in jail for a number of offences such as teif, murder, physical fights and yahh i am my opinion a child molster now thats evil. grow up kiddo and if your an adult you have to much free time and you need a real life not to mention a terapist.
    FYI what yur doing is Cyber Violance, bulying and harassement and that i any game is banable.

thanks.
  • Jessup - Heavens Tear
    Jessup - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Your ability to **** off like, 10 people doesn't make you any more evil than the next guy. So you lured chin and pk'ed people... that's it? I don't think its a ban-able offense

you don't pay to play........

so your a 13 years old kid scared to lose a Sub to a game you don't have to pay for .

You can keep it I quit. Lol
  • tallia
    tallia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Why don't you just go play on a PvP server, and stop worrying about getting banned? From your initial post it's what you really want to do, and you'd fit right in. On that note, what you are doing won't get you banned, but you'll find your welcome worn out soon enough.

My $.02
    Next night, another ran from Dismal, all the way to the safe zone in the front, which everyone out there died. I watched it and remember thinking that was completely wrong. Dismal should be programmed to stop right at the door and then turn and return to his location...not go all the way in there to kill everyone.

Game might be in Beta, but it needs alot of work in my opinion when it comes to these things. Another is when someone goes into pk mode, they should find a way to auto transport them to another server, or atleast an area where all pkers are.

I noticed that all elite type mobs will not stop chasing you if you accidentally aggro them. I had two of the wolves in front of the Den of Wolves chase me back to the nearest town. Didn't think they'd ever stop chasing me. In WoW Blizzard ended up leashing a lot, if not all, of the outside bosses due to players kiting them to lowbie areas and major cities, at least the ones that could cause major havoc.