Cleric Skills?

harrymc
harrymc Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Can someone make a cleric skills guide please i have no idea what spells to buy or leave and how much to upgrade by really confused dont want to waste cash/spirt >.>:confused:
Post edited by harrymc on

Comments

• maka
    maka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    well m8 so far i can only tell that useles skills are thunderball and that heeling spell u got first( sry i forgot name =( )u need them only on lv 1 so u can unlock others
  • aramath
    aramath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    maka wrote: »
    well m8 so far i can only tell that useles skills are thunderball and that heeling spell u got first( sry i forgot name =( )u need them only on lv 1 so u can unlock others

As a cleric, I would have to say that thunderball is not a useless skill. I use it in group often doing boss/instance crawls. It allows for the cleric to add damage to the mob while still being free to heal. The first heal is somewhat useless, due to it's long cast time. The only time I was able to use it was on a FB19 quest where we had 3 clerics in the group. The other two were fast healing so I used the slower cast heal to put bigger heals on the tank. It heals more but in most situations the cast delay is an issue. I made it to 36 so I cannot comment on all the skills but for the most part, with the exception of the 1st heal, you will want to try to max them out. Plume Arrow is your basic damage, Tornado is your attack skill for mobs that are physical damage resistant. Plume shell is a debatable skill, unless you plan to be a perma cash shop player. You will quickly deplete your mp pools using it, otherwise.
    I are animaniac :D

mowerman69.deviantart.com
  • maka
    maka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    k m8 u make me wander 4 thunderball,but i still think this slow casting heeling( damn i rly need 2 check the name of that spell) i prty useles but it will be ok if amn with lot of exp tell us more about spels,vich one we schould raise or not
  • scantraxx
    scantraxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    k m8 u make me wander 4 thunderball,but i still think this slow casting heeling( damn i rly need 2 check the name of that spell) i prty useles but it will be ok if amn with lot of exp tell us more about spels,vich one we schould raise or not

the name of the skill is ''blessing of the purehearted'' :cool:
    No one can compete with the boys from the hood
    Bringing you the finest of the Scantraxx Rootz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1st char IGN : Infectious
    Class : Venomancer

2nd char IGN : Scantraxx
    Class : Babarian

Server : Heavens tear
  • boombox
    boombox Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    where can i upgrade my skills ??
  • funkeh
    funkeh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    You upgrade them at the Cleric trainer in Plume City (or whatever it's called).
  • slayer1o1
    slayer1o1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    aramath wrote: »
    Plume Arrow is your basic damage, Tornado is your attack skill for mobs that are physical damage resistant.

Why is Plume Arrow your basic damage?
    Tornado does so much more damage and the mp is such a small difference.
    Or at least in the beging.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    slayer1o1 wrote: »
    Why is Plume Arrow your basic damage?
    Tornado does so much more damage and the mp is such a small difference.
    Or at least in the beging.

Plume Arrow = 1 sec cool down so you can spam it as if it was a normal attack

Tornado= 3 sec cool down time... yea you see where I'm going with this
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • lobster4221
    lobster4221 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Plume Shot also gets more upgrades than Cyclone. Cyclone is useful sometimes if you want to try to slow the mob down.

Concur with the assessment of Blessing of the Purehearted, I only took it to level 2. It's Ironheart Blessing (or whatever it's called) with a quicker cooldown - I am hearing it's important.

We need more experienced clerics to post, however.
  • insan1ty
    insan1ty Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Plume Shot also gets more upgrades than Cyclone. Cyclone is useful sometimes if you want to try to slow the mob down.

Concur with the assessment of Blessing of the Purehearted, I only took it to level 2. It's Ironheart Blessing (or whatever it's called) with a quicker cooldown - I am hearing it's important.

We need more experienced clerics to post, however.

Yes cyclone and plume shot will be your main attack spells for a good long while. And yes Purehearted is a waste of SP, Ironheart Blessing is much better and you'll probably want to max this as soon as you can as it will not only be useful when healing a tank but it's also pretty much necessary if you want to survive as a pure INT cleric (although there *are* other builds..). Wellspring surge is also a great healing spell if you are planning on being a support cleric. It doesn't heal as much as Blessing of the Purehearted but it's a lot faster and trust me, speed matters quite a bit when the heat is on.

It's kind of ridiculous for me to list all of the spells you should or should not be getting because it depends on whether you want to be an attack cleric or a support cleric or a mix of both. Also there are already lots of guides like this available elsewhere (if you can't find any buy searching for "perfect world cleric guide" then try "perfect world priest guide" as we were called Priests on the MY servers.).

But since I'm here... I guess I'll still throw in my two cents on the skills I do know (I only made it to lvl49 on the MY server so I'm no expert). Keep in mind that this is just my opinion and is by no means meant to be a guide of any kind, if you want a guide that tells you what to level and when, I'm sure you can find that stuff with a quick trip over to google.

Revive: if you're a support cleric it's a must. You can leave it relatively low levelled for a while but people will actually get pissed off at you if you revive them with a level 1 spell later on in the game as the higher the skill level, the less XP is lossed by the revived player. But in my opinion they have no reason to complain: I just brought the guy back from the dead! That's got to be worth at least a Thank You!

Purify Spell: Just leave it at level 1.. higher levels just decrease the cooldown period, this was never a factor for me.

Plume Shell: usually this is highly recommended but I personally don't use it until later in the game. It usually costs me less in MP to heal myself than to allow the physical damage to sap my MP. However this can be the difference between life and death in many situations so it's up to you!

Buffs: you'll probably want to max all of these eventually as a support cleric. My favorite two are Plume Shell and Spirit's Gift because they're the ones that help me the most, I also level the Celestial's Guardian Seal whenever I have some spare SP but I usually take my time in leveling the magic shell as I don't have enough SP and my personal magic defense is already pretty good.

Debuffs: they're all pretty usefull, but especially so in PvP. So I usually keep these for later in the game. The only one that might be a little bit more useful in PvE is the Chromatic Seal (sleep) but it's not something you end up casting on each creature you encounter so even this one I keep until later

Other attack spells:
    Thunderball: it's your only Damage over Time (DoT) and will help you add a bit of damage against bigger bosses or when you're main job is healing (you can cast it and then concentrate on healing), but in my opinion your SP is too precious and is probably better spent elsewhere.

Razor Feathers: probably useful for AoE levelling later but I got this on my first cleric and hardly ever used it, so I didn't bother this time around.

Siren's Kiss: Another AoE spell (affects a broad area). Pretty decent spell but unless you're planning on doing AoE partying I would again recommend to spend your SP elsewhere for now. This becomes available around lvl29 I think and from what I recall you'll barely have enough SP to get the spells you *really* want so I usually put this one off a bit.

Wield Thunder: This is a pretty good spell to get as soon as it becomes available.

I think I covered most of the spells I've tried at least once before and I hope it helped a little but as I said, it's worth reading what others might have to say on this subject because I'm no expert.
  • seawolf
    seawolf Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree mostly with the previous poster. The below is just a few thoughts of my own. Others may have different opinions. For the most part below 30, you can pretty much buy whatever you want. From 30-60, you'll have a major spirit crunch and always need more so you have to pick and choose carefully. From 60-80, you start to max the stuff you want but you're still short on spirit a lot. After 80-85+, you pretty much max everything so in the end it doesn't matter that much. You'll have plenty of spirit for your 89 upgrades later no matter what you do. The gold to purchase the skill starts to become an issue for more people, if you don't spend real money or farm stuff to sell regularly.

Heals: Depends on if you group or not. You don't really need a strong heal for a while if you just solo grind. If you do group and do dungeons, try to max out Ironheart Blessing first and then Wellspring Surge later for those times when your tank needs an instant pop and 15s is too long.

The first heal, Purehearted, should either be at 1 or 10. 1 is if you want to build spark without using much MP. Later on, you may want to max it for use in dungeons, like HH or whatever it's called now. The reason is that if you pop a 50MP regen pot (very cheap to make) and spam level 10 Purehearted, you can pretty much go afk and it becomes your strongest heal that uses ~50MP/sec so your MP doesn't drop to <75% to tick your charm. It ends up healing less than Ironheart and more than Wellspring but it's more than enough when you're higher level and just farming. Spamming Wellspring can work in HH also but it heals about ~60% as much as Purehearted (over the course of 10 minutes) so it's personal preference and depends on how much damage the tank is taking.

The AoE heal (Soon the Light) and the really strong heal don't get used as much because of high MP costs and they're not as efficient. You probably don't have spare spirit to up them anyway until much later. If you're constantly spamming rejuv for a boss, you probably would have been better off with 2 clerics anyway.

Revive: Keep it at 1 or 2 if you don't group. Try to max it if you have lots of friends that die a lot. Definitely try to max by 64, although expect your guild to bug you every day for revives. :)

Purify: Level 1 for a long time. Get it to at least level 7 by ~69 because one or both of the last bosses in 69fb has a short-range AoE (about ~22-23m radius) that is physical so you need to get as far away from the tank as possible when you're healing. Those bosses have a debuff that you must purify immediately or else the damage increases on your tank significantly and will almost certainly cause death at lower levels.

Buffs: Def probably best early along with matk. Mdef is 3rd priority unless you went light/heavy armor and then regen is nice but way too expensive to max early on. You probably don't have enough spirit. Same goes with the 1 hour buffs. They're nice to have but you probably won't have enough spirit.

Arrays: Get healing array for sure at 59. The other one doesn't really get used as much until/unless your group does HH a lot with 2 clerics.

Plume Shell: Depends how much you PvP, where it's a staple. Useful later in dungeons but you shouldn't rely on it for normal day-to-day stuff since it's expensive.

Attacks: Plume, Cyclone to be maxed. You can pretty much use them to 6x,7x, especially if you group a lot. All the other attacks, leave them at 1 for a while. They may be nice/convenient but you don't have enough spirit at low level to spare. Does your group want an extra 2k damage every once in a while or strong heals/revive/buffs/etc?

Wield Thunder is terribly inefficient at low levels but once you get it to around 6-10, it's viable as an opening move. It just takes forever to cast, has huge MP cost, and does barely more damage at low levels. Tempest, keep at 1 until you have more spirit at high level. It's a good PvP/TW move.

Only exception is razor feathers. Most people can leave it at 1 for a while but if you like to AoE with another cleric and both have maxed purify/feathers, you can easily AoE 20 of those level 6x/7x poison mobs without much trouble.

Debuffs: -def/mdef are okay at best in 1v1. Better for mass PvP/TW. Para is good for mass PvP/TW. Sleep is good for 1v1 but some classes can block sleep with certain skills and all classes can block it with those freedom pots. You probably don't have enough spirit until 70+ to get these, though.

Metal mastery: Nice to have, lots of spirit. Depends on your role (i.e. pure support, pure attack).

Flying mastery: Max it if you don't spend real money so you get a "free" 2.0 m/s flight tool. Otherwise, there are faster wings in the cash shop later. It's only 100k spirit so personal preference. Either way, it's nice to be flying at 2.0 or higher, whether you're using white wings or cash shop wings.

Level 79 skills: They're nice to have but it's really tedious to farm for them. Good place is 89fb, which is kind of longish at 79 so most people won't get it. You can also get some drops in HH but it's not as common. If you're rich, you can just buy them. I don't even know if it's implemented yet in this version.

Level 100 skills: These skills are even nicer but the ingredients for them are incredibly rare and expensive. Most common drop is probably those mini bosses with the '?' level roaming the map but even then these bosses don't drop it that much. I don't know if those are implemented yet either. If you actually collected the ingredients, go for it. By that time, you'll have like 15M or whatever free spirit with nothing to buy.

I'm sure different people have different opinions but until you go through the constant lack of spirit at low to mid levels, where you have to make decisions, it's tough to say. Almost all classes face the same thing. Only exception is the pure magic venomancer, which for the most part can max most things without too much worry.
  • insan1ty
    insan1ty Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thanks Seawolf for your input! I especially apreciated the input of someone who's played higher than lvl 60 ;)

I too agree about the 1h buffs: It's nice to have but not worth the SP.. I got them last time but I won't be getting them this time.
  • zachariah39
    zachariah39 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

the name is iron heart blessing:)
  • reaghann
    reaghann Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've got a question too ...
    So I've been to the Cleric Trainer guy and I updated various skills. Also skills that I haven't had before.
    How do I use these now though?
    I've still only got F2 for Thunderbolt thingey and F3 for the Blessing.
    But then again I'm only a Lvl 13 Cleric ..
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You have to drag them to your quicklist. you can see what skills you currently have pressing R or Alt+R; then drag your new skills to any of the empty spaces on your quicklist.
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Here, check this place out: http://www.ecatomb.net/home.php

Go into the skills tab and then click on Cleric and it'll have a Skill Tree for Clerics, and you can even see how powerful each skill will become each time you lvl it! It has Skill Trees for every class, so everyone can go and get some useful info out of it. ^^

It has tons of stuff that comes in handy for us PW lovers! ^^
  • amerikaarmy2
    amerikaarmy2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i got some problems with this skill as i upgrade it, it come's by: Passive Skills
    and i dont fly faster How could this be possible?
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Heals:
    Ur main heal is Ironheart- Max it without a blink.

Second necessary heal is squad heal "Chromatic heals" aka "soon the light" plenty of situations call for it no need to max it though depending on how much base dmg you have u can keep it at 2 or raise it to 5-6.

Stream of rejuvenation- Most powerful heal in game and also the most costly, you wont need it normally unless in very dire situations.

Wellspring- max it in our 70s and 80s this is your "Omg squishy is about to die heal", Casts fasts and heals for alot at once.

Purehearted- Useless skill level it up at your own risk.

Blue Ball- Required for dungeons, zhens and rebirths, never leave home w/o it if u plan to do any of these, also used to protect against large number of critters ganking your squad, its reduction of damage to half is its most powerful benefit.

Revive: A tricky skill to max, its allows you to rez ppl with less exp loss at sage mode it has 40 meter range and 0 exp loss. But huge **** cast time so be carefull that you time it right in pressure situations. And yes it will get you bugged by dead people, lvling it is upto u.

Purify: Level 1 is enough but bosses which poison and debuff like krimson etc. require it a bit higher. Why u ask? Well if your timing is good u can pull it off with lvl 1 but having higher purify allows you to recast it quickly.

Buffs: Vanguard spirit(pdef)>Spirits Gift(mattack)>magic shell(mdef)>MP/HP recovery buff(this skill is uber costly).

Heaven wrath- Veno unable to heal fast enough? Metal boss giving you hard time macro DDing? Want to get that annoying archer take aggro and die? This is the skill for all those situations. Reduces channeling time and increases attack speed. Also increases dmg/base attack output.

Plume Shell: Saves your life many times, extremely strong if used with Mana charm pretty weaker w/o it Potentially suicidal in duels, makes you a super tank for a short while by absorbing some percent of your dmg and chomping same amount of mana off you.

Attacks: Plume- Bread and butter skill use against metal mobs/arcane users (or ny mob for good dding combos). Fire really fast and looks cool b:chuckle . MAx it ASAP.

Cyclone- Kiting skill hits for a good amount of damage and slows opponent, you will basically live off this skill Max it ASAP.

Wield Thunder- Our strongest Single hitter skill, great for stealing aggro and killing off targets after ticking their charms this and cyclone form our magical attack combo.

Thunderball- Some people find this useful but its looooong cast time and its uber low damage compared to cyclone makes me doubt its usefulness.

Razor feathers- Wont need it till High levels when you start aoeing mobs. This is your primary aoe, cools down fast uses no chi and hits harder than plume shot. Also its your only Physical AOE.

Debuffs: -Get Magic debuff first if you can. Why?? You are about the only person who can do this on a regular guaranteed basis helps the squad kill bosses quickly and can slip this in between heals.

Pdef debuff- is a good skill for many situations but many other classes can do this too so upto your usage.

Sleep/freeze- sleep is good for Pve and extremely good for pvp but duration fluctuates and is useless at low levels. Same for freeze but duration is shorter.

Tempest- Your basic show off/steal aggro/muahaha u r so dead skill. Massive range massive cast time and "massive dmg". Needs two sparks though.

Level 79 skills:Wings of protection- gives 20 percent of your HP ina dmg absorbing shield, usefulness based on your skill in using it.

Guardian Light- Awesome skill for rushes and in bad situations, lets u reduce 60 percent damage and increases your movement speed.

Level 100 skills: Obtained from chromatic pages obtained from world bosses etc. Only seen the elven boon tested, its a great filler skill for pvp and dding due to being super fast in channel and cast, but damage fails alot. great filler for pvp.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    aramath wrote: »
    Plume shell is a debatable skill, unless you plan to be a perma cash shop player. You will quickly deplete your mp pools using it, otherwise.

Ever heard about a tool called "MP Pots"? b:shutup
    A cleric without plume shell is a failed cleric b:shutup
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree - at lvl80 I have only been using plume shell for a few levels cause I naively listened to opinions against it's usefulness!

Plume Shell is getting leveled with every opportunity now - LMAO!!!

Useless? Ha ha ha Yeah, right! Been saving my **** "alot" lately on phys attack mobs!

It's incredible the way MP burners reference only Pots and Charms.
    For those of you that don't know...There is a beautiful alternative to Both and considerably cheaper per MP unit than either. It's called Yuanxiao!

If you are LVL75 and not Using Herb Yuanxiao then you are either a fool or Hella richer than me.

What? 5000mp / 10 sec not fast enough for you? LMAO - I burn BB without concern using Herb Yuanxiao at 1/4 OR less cost per mp unit than a charm!

I have "Never" had MP issues using Yuanxiao - NEVER!!!!

Buy these - stock up on them. Today Gold MP charms are 800k+ for 900,000 mp.

Spend that same 800k on Yuanxiao(at 1200 per Herb Yuanxiao) and get aprox 2.844mil mp

Hmmmm... 900,000 mp VS 2.844mil mp - same cost!

Not lvl 75+ yet - don't fret - Sesame is your alternative at 3000mp / 10 sec.

BTW -Takes just a little practice to time firing Yuanxiao as to get full benefit without wasting. Burn only what you need when YOU want.

How many times has your charm ticked "Just" as you have completed a kill? That is a waste of MP from charm as you would/could easily have allowed MP to regen on it's own.

Charms are **** UNLESS Yuanxiao is not available!

This is my opinion of course lol - stepping down from soap box now!
    Ever heard about a tool called "MP Pots"? b:shutup
    A cleric without plume shell is a failed cleric b:shutup
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    gee golly Batman, take a look at this necro b:shocked
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Epic 2008 necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.