Learning skills?

noctix
noctix Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm currently lvl 4 venmencer and i did the quest to have heal pet and revive pet book.. but i dont understant how to learn those skill.. they say go to pet trainer.. but he doesnt seem to want to let me learn those skill..

So basicaly how do we learn new skill ( i dont know how to learn my own or my pet skill)
Ps. please be detailed im new to the game.. but just lost 30-45 min trying to figure that out..
Post edited by noctix on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Venomancers in towns (NPC's, not players) teach you Venomancer skills.
    Pet Skill trainers -> Tame Pet teaches you pet support skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • noctix
    noctix Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008

that doesnt explain anything... like i said i talk to the venomencer and the pet trainer NPC an i got a pet tamed and active lvl 4 just like me.. but i dont understand how to get new skill..
    i need an explanation not just who to talk to..
  • Hirogi - Heavens Tear
    Hirogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You buy skills from the pet tamer. Thats the only way your pet get new skills. A venomancer can learn new spells by talking to a trainer. The best way to figure this out is by trying things out yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Shadows are watching. They will always protect you.
  • wastingtime
    wastingtime Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I know your pain -___- I've talked to what I can imagine to be every npc in town and none of them want to teach me skills. It's like a short dialogue and then the only option I have is to close. I assumed the drunken warrior would teach me something, but now luck. I guess I'll just keep roaming.

*sweet, found him*
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    noctix wrote: »
    I'm currently lvl 4 venmencer and i did the quest to have heal pet and revive pet book.. but i dont understant how to learn those skill.. they say go to pet trainer.. but he doesnt seem to want to let me learn those skill..

So basicaly how do we learn new skill ( i dont know how to learn my own or my pet skill)
    Ps. please be detailed im new to the game.. but just lost 30-45 min trying to figure that out..

The Venomancer NPC will have a dialog choice "Venomancer Skills" if you meet the level requirements there will be something here for your skills.
    Pet trainer NPC's on the other hand have 2 dialog choices "pet skills" which is training the skills of your currently summoned pet and "Tame Pet" which will teach 'you' skills to support your pets such as heal pet and revive pet and is also where you will go to upgrade those skills and also "Tame Pet" when you reach the level to be able to do so.
    noctix wrote: »
    that doesnt explain anything... like i said i talk to the venomencer and the pet trainer NPC an i got a pet tamed and active lvl 4 just like me.. but i dont understand how to get new skill..
    i need an explanation not just who to talk to..

I hope the above was helpful, btw it will be quite some time before you will need to worry about teaching your pet new skills.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • aurelian84
    aurelian84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am having the same issue now, I am level 4, the pet taimer gave me the book for the heal/revive pet skills, I go over to the Venomancer NPC that has the "Venomancer Skill" dialogue choice, the skills are for lvl 3, and the NPC doesnt show any skills I can buy from her. whats going on with this??
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    aurelian84 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue now, I am level 4, the pet taimer gave me the book for the heal/revive pet skills, I go over to the Venomancer NPC that has the "Venomancer Skill" dialogue choice, the skills are for lvl 3, and the NPC doesnt show any skills I can buy from her. whats going on with this??

You have to talk to the Pet Skill Trainer and select the "Tame Pet" option.
    There you will find your pet related skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."