Santa quest - carrot?

wardywolf
wardywolf Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, I was wandering does anyone know how to get this carrot?

I've been killing these living snowmen for over half an hour and was just wandering if it's actually going to produce a carrot? or am I supposed to be somewhere else?

thanks
Post edited by wardywolf on

Comments

• Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No one seems to have gotten it on Sanctuary yet, maybe everyone's doing something wrong?
  • minibad
    minibad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    the thing is gltiched..... notice how you cant kill 40 snowmen and complete the quest.... thats why no body has the carrot...=/
  • TerryTibbs - Heavens Tear
    TerryTibbs - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    its not glitched on that part you gota go outside the city n kill living snowmen the ones inside are just snowmen, but the carrot im not sure im still trying to figure it out but looks like mite need patching again cus the snowman tamer is broke too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space...
    SPACE MONKEY!!! *slap*
  • Shadowmastre - Sanctuary
    Shadowmastre - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    after you kill the 40 living snowmen from outside the city, you have to kill a little yaoyuns snowman, which spawns from time to time around the other living snowmen out there. That is what you get the carrot nose from
    edited December 2008
    then you have to turn the quest back into santa. hope this helps :)
  • TerryTibbs - Heavens Tear
    TerryTibbs - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    then you have to turn the quest back into santa. hope this helps :)
    thanx from the tanks ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space...
    SPACE MONKEY!!! *slap*
  • initialj
    initialj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    its near near on impossible to get the 40 with all the ksing casters and archers around. carrot ? forget about it, I feel like a goose for even trying this quest.
  • Shamin - Heavens Tear
    Shamin - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree heartily - i was so much annoyed that I trashed the quest and logged out - its an unfair and not even funny thing:
    Saddens me about the work the GM'S done here - but this is a terrible quest.
  • Syndera - Sanctuary
    Syndera - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Quest completed! That was sooo hard! What a bunch of whiners...
  • madbrawler
    madbrawler Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    as long as you read the quest after you killed the 40 you should have had no problem. I personally liked the 20000 xp......now if i can only get the d_ _ snowmen tamer to give me the repeatable quest that would be nice.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There is a bug with the Carrot Nose quest. You do not get them from the Living Snowmen nor the Snowmen. You get them from a third type of snowmen, named after the girl who gives you the quest in the first place.

They occasionally pop up south of City of the Lost. That's where I got my Carrot Nose.
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I searched among the living snowman forever and never saw one Little Yao snowman. Even one does spawn, it will not be enough for dozens of people waiting. I don't mind hard quests but this can't be right.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I didn't have any problems with this quest.

I got the 40 snowmen killed fairly quickly, and the one which drops the carrot respawns really rapidly, and there aren't all that many people killing it since you only need it for the nose. It would actually hand around for a bit before getting killed so you had plenty of time.
  • chaospeonx
    chaospeonx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I had problems too. Had to kill dozens before seeing the yao snowman spawn... what a time sink! (but the exp rocks!)
  • tva
    tva Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    after you kill the 40 living snowmen from outside the city, you have to kill a little yaoyuns snowman, which spawns from time to time around the other living snowmen out there. That is what you get the carrot nose from

I noticed that yaoyuns snowman aswell, its 1 kill 1 nose, after killing 40 normal ones.
  • Cyrak - Lost City
    Cyrak - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Glad I checked this thread, I was killing normal Living Snowmen expecting the nose to drop from them. Right after reading this, I saw the Little Yaoyuns Snowman a bit south of Etherblade where I was killing them, 1 kill 1 carrot nose. In the time it took me to run/fly to the Santa in Etherblade, he had already respawned, so the respawn is fast.
  • estelle
    estelle Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    is livingsnowman quest once a day or after a few hour pass?? anyone know?
  • Arekaine - Heavens Tear
    Arekaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I found mine. You just have to run around the living snowmen outside the cities until you see Little Yao snowman. Kill it. Quest completed
  • Igglybuff - Heavens Tear
    Igglybuff - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    found just outside of city of the lost on the south side, just outside etherblade on the south side, and east of city of the plume right across the lake

respawns in about 3 seconds
  • necronomicron
    necronomicron Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree that this was seemingly the worst quest that I've encountered thus far... I searched and killed for two and a half hours before I gave up. I came back later and picked it up in less than five minutes. Exp was nice though. That's why I went back for another attempt.
    edited December 2008
    Where did you get the quest for another attempt? I haven't seen anyone who gives it more than the first time
  • Dyren - Heavens Tear
    Dyren - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i think quest was easy if there's many people ksing and so on move somehwere there is not many people coz there is alot of snowmen and carrot nose is easy its not hard to find that yaoyuns snowman but why cant i get from snowman tainer quest to kill 40 snowman? was that only for crhistmas eve? b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • Naphell - Sanctuary
    Naphell - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    it was easy for me i was visiting 'till i find this strange snowmen..so i checked my quest log and i had to kill 40..i was like "good" i killed them all then i ad to pick up a nose and tells me to kill "Little Yaoyun's Snowman for carrot nose i kept killing like 15...but when i scroll up and check da system message...i already got it..so i was like.."GREAT" XD probably because i killed Little Yaoyun's Snowman b4 it told me to do it then when da subquest came it automaticly gave it to me ^_^ (this happened in city of lost just in case this helps ^^)b:victory
  • Pinoy - Lost City
    Pinoy - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    darn quest it takes me let say 60-80 mobs before the carrots drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damphere
    damphere Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Took me about 20-30 more after my first 40 not to bad lol better than camping a name would be nice if the mobs at least dropped trash :)