Low levels?

FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Archer
Guys, this is really starting to frustrate me... I'm level 17 and I have no idea how, each time I pull a mob, in the end I lose half my Hp & Mp. The mobs are like level 16, and I'm pure dex, with a bit of vit... Am I doing something wrong? or do archers just suck **** in their low levels?
Post edited by FroozeBow - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My archer was kinda wimp at that level too it seemed. Are you spending anytime working your mobs? what I mean is, do you just stand there and atk? Because you should be moving around and not letting them get you. I had a **** build my first archer, and used most of my mana on one or two mobs, then I went pure build and have not had any trouble. You take 1/2 dmg penalty if a mob is close up on you. This could be your problem. Because with my pure build most mobs are dying in around 4 hits if they're close to my level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Well, when the mob starts to come into melee range, I usually frost arrow him and run away, turn around and shoot him again, if I shoot him 2-3 he usually dies (when running away)... but that takes a long time to get enough distance between me and the mob, so I usually just stand there and attack =/
    Which ever way I do it, I lose like half my Hp/Mp
  • Akara - Lost City
    Akara - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Instead of taking the time to turn around, try pressing the "s" key. It makes you run backwards. This may buy you the extra time you need to finish off the mob.
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yah, unless he's only one hit from dead, don't just stand there. an archer is not meant for melee. You don't deal much dmg that way, and you're not built for taking it. I think you should have knockback arrow at that lvl, don't remember. But if it's available, BUY IT!!!! It knocks them back 12 meters. You shouldn't be relying *too* heavily on hp pots, you should be collecting salvia roots and nectars whenever you see them and make chaos powders at the apothecary. 3k hp regen over 30sec. And don't let yourself run out of mp pots, use them before you run out of mp. I like to hit things with take aim then frost arrow first then fire a couple of normal shots or lightening strike at them, then knockback if they're not dead already, followed by another frost shot, unless I can kill them in one or two hits. You have to use your skills wisely. Also, always have blazing arrow on. The extra % damage, really does help, even if it seems low. But yah, DON'T just stand there. That's not how an archer works. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, using the "S" but saves time, and it also lets you see where the mob is...

I don't have knockback arrow yet, I can't wait till I get it at 19, maybe that's the reason I suck =/ anyway, I just turned 18 and only one more level till knockback and FB, woot
  • ArrowPhenom - Sanctuary
    ArrowPhenom - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I like to hit things with take aim then frost arrow first then fire a couple of normal shots or lightening strike at them, then knockback if they're not dead already
    Exactly how I kill most of the time b:laugh
    Yeah, using the "S" but saves time, and it also lets you see where the mob is...

I don't have knockback arrow yet, I can't wait till I get it at 19, maybe that's the reason I suck =/ anyway, I just turned 18 and only one more level till knockback and FB, woot

do some quests they are really helpful and since most require you to kill something it just means like an extra 10-15% at your lvl