Zoologist Pet Skill Upgrade Book bug or ?

Nefesh - Heavens Tear
Nefesh - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I bought 2 Upgrade pet skill books from the Zoologist in Arch.. total 400k.
No one has given me correct information as to how to apply them. If anyone else has also bought and used them please tell me how to upgrade the skills for my pet. I have a scorpion named L'ira raised from lvl 2 now at lvl 20. Kicks most anything that comes his way better than the same level pets just hatched.

- The pet has 4 skills or spells as I bought two scrolls for it to learn and of course the 2 books to upgrade 2 of the spells. A wasted 400k as they only sell back for 10k. I have spirit, coin, and am at level 20 when all my pet's spells/skill can be upgraded to lvl 2. I would like to use the books now to bring two of them to lvl 3.
Thanks in advance to any who can answer this poorly documented feature.
Nefesh
Post edited by Nefesh - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• kotonoha
    kotonoha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, it depends on the skill, but for the most part, if you want to upgrade a pet's skill to level three, the pet needs to be at level 40, not 20. Here's a listing of the levels needed for each skill. (it's mostly in French and weird English, but the graphs are pretty self explanatory, I think)
    http://perfectworld.clanfree.net/cometencesfamiliers.htm

Then again, judging from the rest of the post, it sounds like the last thing about upgrading to level three may have been a typo?
    If I remember correctly, upgrading a pet's skill is just like teaching a new skill. Make sure scroll and money are in inventory, summon pet, talk to appropriate NPC, click "Learn Pet Skill", click skill that you wish to upgrade, and yay, Pokey can bash right along with the best of them.