Hybrid cleric

sean4u
sean4u Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
Im lvl 15 and have no idea where I am going to go with my character. So my question is, Is a hybrid cleric a good idea? How do they work and what stats should I upgrade along with what skills?

Thanks
Post edited by sean4u on

Comments

• Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well for one, a hybrid Cleric is a cross between Support and Attack, regardless of which you'll need to focus on increasing Magic.

You don't need to worry about that kind of thing at your stage, just increase your Cyclone/Plume Shot and Ironheart, work on your buffs a little bit, and you're good.

As for equips, Arcane, end of story.

You should also think about giving yourself a bit of vit, not too much though. I'm level 40 and I only have 10, everything else I have in vit is a bonus.

Just focus on magic for now, and when your levels get higher you can save up for reset notes to tweak around :)
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'ma keep it simple. Hybrid Clerics don't exist.

FAC:
    Higher damage
    Lower survival

- Keep in mind, with a FAC, you can KO most mobs before they have a chance to touch you. And even then, you have Plume Shell.

FSC:
    Higer heals/survival
    Lower Damage

If you're a Hybrid, you're limiting your damage AND survival. What's the point of that? Choose FAC is you prefer being a powerful-but-risky class, or choose FSC if you prefer being a safer, more reliable class. Both are equally as good.
  • AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary
    AlanAlthenna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Excuse me? If I recall correctly, the difference between an attack and support cleric are merely the skills he/she chooses, which is (supposedly) rendered moot by 80+

I'm an Hybrid so far and my healing and damage is good enough to function solo or in a party, IF a mob gets close enough to me I can kill it (or kite) before I need to heal myself (the cases where I actually died I had accidentally pulled aggro from a second mob or was just plain careless) and even then, an Ironheart Blessing (or two depending on how much I let myself get hit, i.e. was too stupid to use Plume Shell) takes care of that.

A smart player will know when to heal and when to attack, more importantly he'll have enough sense to keep everyone properly buffed and healed in a party or himself if solo.

The point of being an hybrid is versatility, think of it as a Red Mage or a Jack, with mediocre patk instead of decent.

EDIT: yes, I know mobs will just get stronger than they are now at my level but the point is still being a smart player, being a team player and/or Team Mom helps, too.
  • ItsTooEasy - Sanctuary
    ItsTooEasy - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'ma keep it simple. Hybrid Clerics don't exist.

FAC:
    Higher damage
    Lower survival

- Keep in mind, with a FAC, you can KO most mobs before they have a chance to touch you. And even then, you have Plume Shell.

FSC:
    Higer heals/survival
    Lower Damage

If you're a Hybrid, you're limiting your damage AND survival. What's the point of that? Choose FAC is you prefer being a powerful-but-risky class, or choose FSC if you prefer being a safer, more reliable class. Both are equally as good.

What the heck is this guy smoking??? an FSC cant heal any better than a FAC when soloing cuz they both lvl ironheart. Most FACs are full mag so they have best attacks and they're ironheart does the same healing if not better than FSCs unless they're both full mag. I'd choose FAC until lvl 60 and then get Regn Aura if you want to be included in parties. one more thing tho, I am a lvl 60 FAC and i never ran into a spirit shortage problem and i always had my buffs (vanguard, sp gift, mag shell, sp gift)and attacks(plume shot, cyclone and wield thunder) maxed for my lvl. dont really lvl guardian seal cuz that little increase in regn mp and hp really doesnt matter and its too expensive