Christmas Event : the 2nd failure

Kamili - Sanctuary
Kamili - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Standing in Plume I am seeing every single snowman killed by an archer, before any other class can attack them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kamili - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Elaborate? Q_Q
  • Kamili - Sanctuary
    Kamili - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Elaborate? Q_Q

Should be obvious, ranged attack, the melee classes can't get to the snowmen quick enough.

I'm an Archer; I just look at this thoughtlessness, at a christmas event, with astonishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Oh dang! Even the ever so fast barbs can't attack them? b:cry
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes, I pity the poor barbarians....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    to my knowledge they die in 1 hit..

Every Class can use a bow. Go the blacksmith buy a bow and some ammo and voila your an archer..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Every class still won't have the huge range that archers do.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A simple solution would be to nerf the drops of the snowmen, that way, less people would camp them for the celestones and other like drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A simple solution would be to nerf the drops of the snowmen, that way, less people would camp them for the celestones and other like drops.

Really the snowmen should not drop anything at all other than the fireworks.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes, I pity the poor barbarians....

I really feel bad for barb, all of my barb friends are poor. so I have started to pay barb when they tank bosses for me, i know it may not be a good idea, but what else can a barb make coins beside running around to collect mats?
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's as bad at Lost City.

Apparently the archers went there to increase their odds against other archers.

Poor barbs are running but can't get to them fast enough.

I decided to check back later when some of the rush is over.

Anyone know if doing this in a squad works?

If so be nice if the archers would pull some of the other classes in - barbs mainly - to take part.

It is Christmas after all.

Saidje
    "Funny how greed takes all common sense out of any equation" -Saidje
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • shelbie
    shelbie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    what lvl do you have to be to even start the snowman killing quest? the website said lvl 30 when they first announced it and last night it was changed to lvl 20 yet i still can not do the snowman killing quest
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    swgs wrote: »
    I really feel bad for barb, all of my barb friends are poor. so I have started to pay barb when they tank bosses for me, i know it may not be a good idea, but what else can a barb make coins beside running around to collect mats?

Me too!

I tried to avoid shooting any snowmen that tigers were fighting, but sometimes I did not notice in time.

b:embarrass b:cry
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    shelbie wrote: »
    what lvl do you have to be to even start the snowman killing quest? the website said lvl 30 when they first announced it and last night it was changed to lvl 20 yet i still can not do the snowman killing quest

I couldn't get it at Lost City or Etherblade. Went to Arch and got it there, got sent to ALL the Elders and the Thousand Streams. Then I got the quest to kill them.

Saidje
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    saidje wrote: »
    I couldn't get it at Lost City or Etherblade. Went to Arch and got it there, got sent to ALL the Elders and the Thousand Streams. Then I got the quest to kill them.

Saidje
    I think that is the other quest with the carrot nose thing that you get a charm for doing the repeatable one I have not seen anyone get yet