I Wanna Be FAC Cleric!!!

Options
Eliathel - Lost City
Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
Well...

The title is a bit related to clerics class but not entirely.
I need advice about my build.
ATM im full mag support cleric. My attack skills are Cyclone, Plume and lvl 2 wieldthunder.
Killing a lvl 73 mob (Celestial Hexoc, WOOD mobs) takes me 5 hits. We are now considering the best mana cost/damage relation.
I cant AOE alone ofc.
My question is... any ideas on how to improve my dmg? 5 hits is quite a bit to kill a mob of my lvl and not always theres ppl to party and specially when you need to grind for money. Also you cant always be partying with a BM to aoe a bit, since it takes time to get a person to do that and earn that trust between players.
I already have HH70 weapon, wand one, with +20 magic shard and +1 from refine. Still 5 hits with Celestial.
I dont considerer FBs to lvl because yes, they are great for xp, but not for money, and grinding has been really necessary to get money since I have none.

Any tips someone can give? And PLS tips from ppl that actually has been FSC cleric from the beginning, not those who re stated and now are saying that FAC suxs.
Post edited by Eliathel - Lost City on

Comments

• tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Since your full MAG anyways, all you would need to do is stop or slow down leveling those healing skills (except for Ironheart of course) and just power level your offensive skills.

This would turn you into a Hybrid until somewhere between 80 and 90 where leveling all your skills is easy.
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    u will pretty much always need 4-5 hits per mob
    unless you use Tempest on every mob which slows you down even more
    5 hits per mob is pretty good actually, should use one heal per 2 mobs to be at near full health all the time
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well Dead, if you say so then I trust you! I respect enough your lvl to believe thats is true.
    Now, considering TW, I know HP shard and Vit equip is very necessary, how much Vit should I re stat to?
    Now I only have 29 (with equip on), a pure 100 Vit is enough? And some +hp shards and vit, and maybe even a HP buff barb? When should I do this?

Thx for replies guys XD
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i personally go for minimum magic required and else in vit
    less vit does it too but im not a fan of that
    the 50-200 extra damage u might get on a mob when you skill more magic doesnt really help considering you will do bout 5k anways
    But although you are support Cleric you still need Wield Thunder at a higher level, its handy while grinding and your best single target damage spell

i just read the AoE thing, must have missed it last time
    there is in fact a way a Cleric can solo AoE and that is on poison mobs
    way to do it: you run around and agro the mobs and use one Ironheart every ~8seconds so you keep the agro on the mobs (and stay alive) also use Purify once in a while when the damage stacks too high
    if u have enough mobs following you you have to circle them to get them stacked together (still using Ironheart every 8 seconds and purify)
    when they are stacked together use Tempest and razor feathers to kill the mobs (dont forget to still heal you and mb even purify else u might die)

edit: wow must have been tired yesterday
    Celestial Hexocs are really bad when i remember right, they are stationary mobs that hit u right away and dont run to you, so u take way more damage (they might even deal physical damage but i really cant remember that)
    try Orchid Petalis, poison mobs so you can AoE and there is a so called "trumble" (basicly a repeatable quest) for them where u have to kill about 80 of them and get extra xp (you start that at either ADC/Sanctuary/Tusk Town/Etherblade/Plume/Lost/Dreamweaver Port)

i should definetly sleep more if the post doesnt make sense -.-
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome advice Deadbone! I've been wondering how to AoE with a cleric so this clears up a lot of questions. =D

jaa,
    sano
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    nice tactic maby i will try sometime ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."