About Divorces (The Cost, Remove?)

Swarmancer - Sanctuary
Swarmancer - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Alot of people have been annoyed about this;

To have a divorce, you must pay for it.

I mean why would anyone ever want to pay to divorce? It should be free. I think 60$ should be enough for both marrige and divorce. ALOT of people complain (in-game) about divorces costing money. What if a pair wants to divorce but none of them have the money? Straightfully said, it's sad.

I believe I speak for alot of PWI players when I say this;

Remove the cost of divorces.

Thanks.
Post edited by Swarmancer - Sanctuary on

Comments

• KittyPet - Lost City
    KittyPet - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It is so that people take marriage "seriously", and it is "not a game"? b:chuckle

Think twice , thrice before you get married.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah but it IS a game. In real life you should take marriage seriously. You should also think long and hard before picking up a sword and fighting viscious world bosses. But thats free in this game.
  • Swarmancer - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Yea, but in the case as I wrote this, the user i was talking about, his wife is never on. That's like you living in Sweden and your wife in USA & never talking. I mean.. fun? Not.
  • Dele - Lost City
    Dele - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    why would he marry someone in a different Time zone? b:chuckleb:laughb:pleased
  • Swarmancer - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    He didn't. It's like she quit playing he says.,
  • Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary
    Icy Ragnarok - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    =/
    Isn't that why before you do these things, you have alternate means of communication. So that you don't look as silly, etc?
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    owned , hard
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonRider - Sanctuary
    MoonRider - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    What's the point of marrying anyway?

You PAID to get married, it sounds as logical as it can be to PAY to get divorce.
  • Sirzoloid - Heavens Tear
    Sirzoloid - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you know why divorce is so expensive?

Because it's worth it. b:laugh
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well unfortunately, that is his problem. Most people that get married in the game are actually very fond with the person they are in a relationship with. Being fond of someone, wouldn't you exchange other ways to communicate besides in game? AIM? E-mail? Even if she ignores him, that was his choice to get her name above his head. Maybe he'll help teach other people a lesson to just not get married in the game especially if you don't have the money to divorce and don't actually know the person well enough. -_- It's a waste of money and is possible to have a relationship with someone without playing 6 million.

This is the way the game is. You have to pay to get married and pay to get divorced. Why would they do this now if it's always been like this?

On a side note, that really sucks that the relationship didn't work out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy...
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I is happily Married in game. =D

<333 Wolfen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Ieeemap - Lost City
    Ieeemap - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    jibber jabber
  • MoonRider - Sanctuary
    MoonRider - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    That will teach you a lesson not to get married too carelessly.. in game or in real life.
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yea, but in the case as I wrote this, the user i was talking about, his wife is never on.

So what? leave it that way, just a name above his head, it will not affect how he can play the game. unless of course he wants to get married again (can you marry again without divorices first?), in that case, he can just consider his next marriage will cost him $120.
  • Aluviell - Heavens Tear
    Aluviell - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So how much is it?? None of you ever said!
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So how much is it?? None of you ever said!

Its 2 mil coins
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I is happily Married in game. =D

<333 Wolfen

**Edit She's married to Proh now grats you two b:victory
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
  • oznig
    oznig Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    davais wrote: »
    So what? leave it that way, just a name above his head, it will not affect how he can play the game. unless of course he wants to get married again (can you marry again without divorices first?), in that case, he can just consider his next marriage will cost him $120.

I agree, but why would he want to get married again (in game) after this has happened..
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Rason marrrige exist in the game: It adds a extra dimension of realism for roleplayers and naive people.

Now why would you want to take away from that realism by giving a free divorce? It's perfect just the way it is. Maybe in the future there might be marrige skills and to keep players from abusing that aspect of the game you WILL pay to get it and to lose it. Its just how it works in ALL online games. In fact in some games divorce costs more than marrige.
  • Itachi - Lost City
    Itachi - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It is so that people take marriage "seriously", and it is "not a game"? b:chuckle

Think twice , thrice before you get married.

agreed marriage is a serous commitment it cost money to get married as should it cost to divorce
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smexy mage extrodiner :3
  • Amethystsnow - Sanctuary
    Amethystsnow - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    But in real life, when you get a divorce... don't you just split what you own? (Unless you get a good lawyer which would probably cover the large 2 million fee)

Btw Itachi... sweet signature. Fav character in Naruto =D
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    But in real life, when you get a divorce... don't you just split what you own? (Unless you get a good lawyer which would probably cover the large 2 million fee)

Btw Itachi... sweet signature. Fav character in Naruto =D
    No. Example. My first wife. All she got was a well deserved kick in the face from the judge. She "tried" to get alimony and my property... after she did some really terrible things I won't go into. What she got was lucky to be divorced and alive w/o having to go to jail for what she did. I moved across the country 2700 miles to get away from anywhere she might be, because I doubted if I saw her again, that I wouldn't kill her the second I laid eyes on her.

My Second wife... We purchased a house together. When we divorced, she got the house because I felt she had more need of it than I did to raise her daughters (from a prior Marriage).. I on the other hand got the Supra... I think I came out ahead lol!

~S

*edit* My second wife and I are still good friends, our divorce was basically over Religious Differences. She's Religious, I'm different.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Huge factor in there being a divorce fee: weddings are one of the few ways to obtain rep once you've completed all the quests available to you. Without the cost to divorce, it would be easier for people to farm rep off of it.

As for why people would want more rep? Try checking out the stats on some of the higher ranked armors, badges and the rank 8 weapons for each class.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Huge factor in there being a divorce fee: weddings are one of the few ways to obtain rep once you've completed all the quests available to you. Without the cost to divorce, it would be easier for people to farm rep off of it.

As for why people would want more rep? Try checking out the stats on some of the higher ranked armors, badges and the rank 8 weapons for each class.

Lol, so you'd pay $30/$60 over and over just to get rep? I know I wouldn't.

I disagree that divorce should be free though. If you only know this person purely online with no other means of communication...or not even seeing them, you really should think long and hard about getting married in game.

That said, I want same-sex marriages. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No, I personally would not. Don't forget, though, that endgame it's easy to make money if you own lots of land. Particularly if you own all the land, as in the case of PW-MY. Forget about the gold trading system?

People have done it in other servers, just to be clear, so it's not like it's a far fetched presumption. It's just another thing to discourage people from doing it, among its other reasons for being in place.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • AnonYnys - Sanctuary
    AnonYnys - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If 2 char are married in the game, and 1 of them gets deleted and is gone forever...
    What happens to the marriage stats of the player that is still playing?

Are they stuck with the deleted players name above their head and are they still "married" to a player that no longer exists?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you should be greatful that the divorce is so cheap in comparison to the actual marriage. hell, in real life a divorce cost what? twice as much?

you got 6m somehow to get married, i think you can conjur up another 2m to get rid of it.
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ive been married and divorced 3 times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well u know only marry someone u can see yourself being RL friends/lovers b:sin thats what i did bet u cant guess what group she falls in b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]