Scammer

wickedichigo
wickedichigo Posts: 17 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Etherblade (West)
THIS IS A SCAMMER WARNING.
Someone posed as a gm, logged in a friend's account and stole almost everything on her character. When the she tried to confront the scammer, he asked for a 200k ransom for the stolen gear. The situation is being sorted out as we speak. Just a warning to people playing any mmorpg: don't give out ANY information to ANYONE.
Post edited by wickedichigo on

Comments

• Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Isn't this common sense (well, I guess notb:puzzled) But you have to be either really young, and immature to give your info to someone of generally stupid.

Even if their your "friend" or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Immortality - Heavens Tear
    Immortality - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    GM's have GM next to their name, so yea hardcore fail,and lol 200k ransom fail sauce.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    EPIC FAILURE go slap your friend for being so **** stupid
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wickedichigo
    wickedichigo Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, for people that has never seen a GM or played a mmorpg, it's not very common. I'm just writing this so this doesn't happen to other "stupid" people b:pleased
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    get screenshots and get him banned :)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If you wish to report a user violation, please use the Support Ticketing system. The forums are not the place for this.

As a general note, GMs in-game appear rather unique, with a special red GM icon next to their name, and they usually teleport around rather than walk. Please be extremely careful with account-sensitive information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.