Guy Archer?

wardeed
wardeed Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Archer
hi, I'm new to perfect world and i haven't gotten my invite yet. I was wondering if there are male archers? It kinda awkward to ask, but all u i see are female archers. Thanks
Post edited by wardeed on

Comments

• irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    they are males lol. its just that with that elfish design they look kind a... ermm... g@y o.o
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    they are males lol. its just that with that elfish design they look kind a... ermm... g@y o.o

Well. The presets do. But if you can edit it right, some of them look totally sweet.
  • bob117
    bob117 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ahaha awesome i cant wait for this dl to finish!!
    call me wierd by i sooo wish this were real...the, euh, "females" lets say, wear pretty, revealing clothes...man that would be great if it were real lol
  • boogabooga
    boogabooga Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bob117 wrote: »
    ahaha awesome i cant wait for this dl to finish!!
    call me wierd by i sooo wish this were real...the, euh, "females" lets say, wear pretty, revealing clothes...man that would be great if it were real lol

too bad they have giant 10-15 foot wingspans and could tackle you from 20 feet up if they were real. good thing they usually don't wear heavy armor...
  • dewie
    dewie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Well. The presets do. But if you can edit it right, some of them look totally sweet.

you're sooooooo right, i have a male archer and he looks totaly awsome
  • Moogle - Lost City
    Moogle - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I've seen some quite good looking archers. It's all about your editing skills imo ;)
  • xkuramax
    xkuramax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    it has nothing to do with how you edit it. it is the fact that the stances makes us look liek a ***.
  • valthinior
    valthinior Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    xkuramax wrote: »
    it has nothing to do with how you edit it. it is the fact that the stances makes us look liek a ***.

b:angry For the first one, why on EARTH would Male Elf Archers look ***?!?! They are supposed to look more slender and soforth as that is the way Tolkien introduced them and everyone else just copied off his example! I am going to make an awesome looking MALE Archer!! Ha, that'll show you!! b:pleased
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    they are probably refering to the um...

"infamous" lightning strike pose.

now on females, its sexy, they spin around, raise their leg up, and fire with their back turned.

now picture that with an elf guy.

not pretty
  • Caelir - Heavens Tear
    Caelir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm a male archer. With dashing good looks, I might add ;)
  • xlovex
    xlovex Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    =P

i suppose its fitting that the last thing your enemy sees is a man doing a pirouette.

it could be a distraction!
  • Szaellapollo - Sanctuary
    Szaellapollo - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As a male archer character player, I have seen 5 kinds of Archer class males:

1. The kind of people who were too lazy to get off their @$$es and customize their characters
    ANALYSIS: often look like G@Ys, though there are some decent presets

2. The kind of people who try to make their elf look like Orlando Bloom from LOTR
    ANALYSIS: Poseurs, often just joined for bragging rights among the others in the Pocket Protector Tribe, though some are truly dedicated gamers

3. The kind who try to make their elf look like a human, since they hate the "elves only" rule of the Archer class ANALYSIS: Justified, but often get the look horribly wrong. excellent when it works well, though

4. The kind who go for that "thin as a rail" look they imagine an elf should look like
    ANALYSIS: If you are one of these people, you have my sympathies, since your elf probably looks like a ghost in armor. if you can make this look good (and it can look good), you are a f***ing genius

5. The kind who go for the "just plain weird" look
    ANALYSIS: Anyone who does this is the worst kind of PC. This is the only style of Elven Archer design for males for which there is no justification. a male Elven archer should not look like a dwarf on steroids!!!
    I am the Sage of the Threads, and I bow to youb:thanks

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not so sure about the first one." - Albert Einsteinb:beatup
  • zidene
    zidene Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i have a male archer. sure hes skinny and pale but he donst look ****.. anyone who thinks that male archers are **** becase of a pose are just insecure about them selves XD
  • Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear
    Ultimalozza - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol they r i"nsecure about themself" good one
    anyway i think that archers can look ok and not ****...
    mine isnt girly just give them a beard and manly features...
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol they r i"nsecure about themself" good one
    anyway i think that archers can look ok and not ****...
    mine isnt girly just give them a beard and manly features...

elfs dont have beards - so elfs with beard --> horrible b:shocked
    and on a sidenote: they have totall NO hairs on their body except those on their heads and those are most times very long

and i agree they are also never dwarfs on steroids
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    elfs dont have beards - so elfs with beard --> horrible b:shocked
    and on a sidenote: they have totall NO hairs on their body except those on their heads and those are most times very long

and i agree they are also never dwarfs on steroids

Thats not quite right. Malfurion Stormrage (brother of Illidan Stormrage) from Warcraft is a bearded Night Elf. b:chuckle b:chuckle

Its all about perception. Just because all movies/books portray Elfs as clean shaven dudes, doesnt necessarily make it a benchmark for being an Elf.

I for one think the beard looks good... and hence my Elven Archer sports a beard. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think elves look just fine with beards. At least I think mine's does.

P.S. I didn't even like the LOTR books.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • rawrcore
    rawrcore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i'm also a male archer and i was amazed and surprised when people were saying the male archers were fruity. i don't understand at all why people would think this, i think its ridiculous. its a video game. its just the male version of a character, just because its an elf it makes it a ****? there have been plenty of male elf, I was understanding Santa employed a deserve working group at the North Pole. :P
  • OMGLOLBBQGUY - Lost City
    OMGLOLBBQGUY - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    xlovex wrote: »
    they are probably refering to the um...

"infamous" lightning strike pose.

now on females, its sexy, they spin around, raise their leg up, and fire with their back turned.

now picture that with an elf guy.

not pretty

So True LOL =] b:dirty I would want to see some of that manly raised up leg b:pleased
  • Xxxsirusxxx - Heavens Tear
    Xxxsirusxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    http://pw.mondespersistants.com/?article=29

This fruity enough for u? check the level 90 HH armour its just plain g@y
  • Sepfiroth - Lost City
    Sepfiroth - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't think most of us are getting to lvl 90, much less 80. So no worries there. b:pleased
  • BUYmeDUNKS - Heavens Tear
    BUYmeDUNKS - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    http://pw.mondespersistants.com/?article=29

This fruity enough for u? check the level 90 HH armour its just plain g@y
    holy **** lol i laughed so hard when i saw that xD...sigh...glad im never gonna be lvl90
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-Posted by Maiya - Lost City-
    Understand now, kids?
  • Dacron - Heavens Tear
    Dacron - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    even if by lvl 90 u should have enough money to pay for boutique items (with in-game money) so u shouldnt have to worry about it....EVEN THEN you could just get the armor and switch over to show special armor and u never have to look at it