Nostalgia - The Story of One Disappointment

Options
2»

Comments

• Brisk - Lost City
    Brisk - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As a fairly new member to Nostalgia, I suppose I am not as attuned to possible tensions in the guild. However, I personally have found Nostalgia to be the most friendly and mature guild that I have ever joined.

A few weeks after joining I witnessed an extended heated argument over guild chat, which by itself is normal for most guilds. I was amazed however, when both sides eventually agreed to respect the other side of the argument and went on to joke about some other subject as if the argument had never happened. That is a sign of true maturity when guild members are able to reconcile their differences with discussion instead of dividing the guild with prolonged fighting.

Dimiter, by posting in the forums you are making a public denunciation of a guild which does not deserve such insult. By attacking the qualities of the guild leader, you are in fact attacking the foundation of the guild itself.

If you have an issue with Falon or anyone else in the guild you can message them individually both in game or on the forums. By making this a public display, you are showing that you yourself do not have the maturity to conduct your disagreement in a manner which would achieve your purpose while employing discretion in order to not publicly slander respected members of the guild.

Please try to consider your actions and express your grievances in a more appropriate method in the future in order to minimize unnecessary feelings of ill-will on all sides of the discussion
  • Omiekins - Lost City
    Omiekins - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Dimi, I'll just say this. This is the last time I plan to post in this thread, and this is all I'm going to be bothered to say about things.

- I know you don't like me, but please stop dragging me about in this like its solely my fault. I feel bad that you are taking this the way you have been, and I know that IRL you're probably a really great person, you do seem quite nice in game, but in game you also get kind of cocky, and can't let things drop that should be dropped. You also did have somewhat of a contradicting personality to how you treated people, which is what some people ended up not liking. It was always somehow biased towards your own means.

-Like it was mentioned earlier, as guilds grow older they change and adapt. When you become higher level, it becomes almost necessary that you will begin pking and being pked mored, or Pkking. You will, inevitably, become involved in it.

-Its not immature how the issue was taken care of, Dimi. You are in a totally different country and timezone than most of the guild, and so its hard for the right people to be on at the same time you are, or vice versa. However, it really was a personal thing, which is why she discussed it with you in PM, since it was your 'suggestion'. I would have done the same thing, so it wouldn't look like in the guild I was singling you out or something.

-All this talk of maturity, but you're not doing anything on your end to show you are mature at all about this. If you really cared about the guild and people like you say you did, you wouldn't have left, and wrote such a bad thread. You would have continued talking to her, trying to understand both sides, did something to compromise, but instead you just upped and left. And, sorry but, even when we were talking about your post in a group chat, the subject of "exiling you out of the guild" never came up.

I don't want you to feel bad, but all I can say is that you brought it upon yourself with how you react to things. If you can't see nostalgia as being "mature", then see us as immature, its your choice. I see nostalgia as just a group of people, some I am really fond of, others not so much, and its a good place to be for groups and stuff. That's all, I don't have to have some required maturity level, just a positive IQ is all I ask for. =P

Anyways. I do hope in the future you won't react to situations like this anymore, its not pleasant for both sides, really. I know you don't feel good about this. Take care of yourself, and good luck.
    Omiekins // Archer
    Bombchu // Venomancer
    {{ Nostalgia }}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What is Nostalgia?
  • Morganna - Lost City
    Morganna - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What is Nostalgia?

Pure awesome. Without additives or artificial flavoring. Though those might be the same thing. Oh well. We're cool :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Your multi-tasking, Stephanie, is EPIC." --Aadi
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What is Nostalgia?

They're one of those guilds that we're allowed to pk all we want.

Oh wait that's pretty much everyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morganna - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    They're one of those guilds that we're allowed to pk all we want.

Oh wait that's pretty much everyone

LOL. I think everyone is able to do that ;3

Though, it's slightly more dangerous for us to mess with RQ than it is for RQ to mess with us XD

And by 'slightly' I mean 'exponentially' :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    --DISCLAIMER--"the precceding post is only the opinion of Morganna and is not placing blame or accusation on anyone or anything" THANK YOU Xeian <3
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thank you everyone for posting your views. My thanks goes especially to Omie whose post really shows a lot of thought put into it and some ideas that can be reflected on.

However things happened, the story's now posted, everyone expressed their own opinion for which I thank you. Whether it was mature or not what Falon did, whether it was mature or not what I did by posting here, I think we could never agree on either one. What pleases me is that we had an open discussion and we were able to see various reactions. Also, I think we managed to keep things quite civil and hope that by what I've posted I haven't insulted anyone reading, because that was not my intention. My intention was publicity and I think I achieved this. Now I don't see the point in continuing this debate any further.

It's Christmas time and I don't want to part ways with you on bad terms. I want to wish you all happy holidays and a merry white Christmas as well as luck with everything that you take up. b:victory
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What is Nostalgia?

Buncha nonfactors. <_<

LOL. I think everyone is able to do that ;3

Though, it's slightly more dangerous for us to mess with RQ than it is for RQ to mess with us XD

We're not stupid enough to do that, and I like most of them as it is.

I don't think it was very civil at all. There were several attacks made towards a few members.
    And it is a parting on 'bad terms' if you ask me.

Merry Christmas.
  • Morganna - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    And it is a parting on 'bad terms' if you ask me.

I think most of the guild would agree with you on this, Fal. though they're considerably more angry than you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Buncha nonfactors. <_<

I was trying to be nice and not just answer with the usual nonfactor reply, but there you went and did it yourself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falon - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It's because I knew you were thinking it. D:
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sounds to me as if Falon Has learned to become a better leader.

When my wife and friend left we were 4 lvl's behind the highest lvl"we were and still are all the same lvl", thier was 3 people higher lvl then us including Falon.loosing 3 high lvl's when thier's only 3 people higher then them has got to make you rethink a few things.And I think Falon is a better person/leader because of it.

Reading other's people's oppions about you has made me rethink my earlier judgments, it clearly shows you are a good leader.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It's because I knew you were thinking it. D:
    ESP! b:shocked
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This Nostalgia and this whole thread belongs to Heavens Tear.
  • Falon - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Sounds to me as if Falon Has learned to become a better leader.

When my wife and friend left we were 4 lvl's behind the highest lvl"we were and still are all the same lvl", thier was 3 people higher lvl then us including Falon.loosing 3 high lvl's when thier's only 3 people higher then them has got to make you rethink a few things.And I think Falon is a better person/leader because of it.

Reading other's people's oppions about you has made me rethink my earlier judgments, it clearly shows you are a good leader.

...I'm SURE that's what did it. On a side note, I don't put up with whining and people throwing fits. You left because I asked you and Yuri to stop arguing. Your opinion of me is pretty much worthless.
    This Nostalgia and this whole thread belongs to Heavens Tear.

Nahh, Most of us are perfectly fit to Lost City. Someone who doesn't even PK started the thread.
  • n0ob
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Someone who doesn't even PK started the thread.
    b:cool
    I'll be sure to give him a warm hug before i shoot him down.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falon - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Rotfl, good thinking ?
  • n0ob
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Rotfl, good thinking ?
    Its the holidays and carebears need hugs, they have probably gotten "cold" due to this season's climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TL;DR

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nekro+wall of text+qqing about a guild leaders decisions+being low lv & NON-FACTOR...b:shocked
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. This dude is level 59. I didnt know there were any people left on LC under 59.
    2. That one page with the wall of text and then the IDIOT that quoted it just about made me puke. I would be out of that guild so fast. It would be like saying "We are an RPK guild that has 1000 rules about pking which basically makes us a no-pk guild"

wow.

not that I dont fall victim to it at times, but there are just too many people out there that put way way way too many emotions into this game.

its sad, really.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mods are really slacking on the job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    monof moved to LC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Herbalism - Lost City
    Herbalism - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This thread is defaming a guild and therefore breaking rules. I made a post about the three trouble makers and mine was deleted overnight.. yet this thread stays alive?

I demand justice!
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey now, I can't be everywhere at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.