Where do people get their gold?

Rathi - Sanctuary
Rathi - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
Hi everyone,

This might seem like a dumb question, but is there any way in-game to get gold for the cash shop? I know you can buy it from the website and find it on the auction house in game from other people. But on the auction house I see people selling more than 40 gold at one time. Does that mean that they spent 40 dollars buying gold just to sell it?

If someone spends that much on PW, more power to them, I just found it kind of odd. I'd really like some inventory stones and such so I wanted to farm the coin in game and buy the gold but it seems so expensive, just wanted to know if there was another way to get it with out paying real money.

Thanks =)
Post edited by Rathi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The only 'source' for Gold is a Zen transfer, which is usually purchased with real-world money. Sometimes Zen and Cash Shop items are awarded for other actions, but it's rare. Kill the GM events, for example, dropped mounts and other cash shop items (not sure if that included inventory extension stones), while the now-ended recruitment drive provided a Zen reward for those who invited friends who charged Zen. You can purchase Gold from other players through the Auctioneers, as you noted.

An inventory extension stone shouldn't be too hard to earn the coins for, though, especially later in levels. I ended up tossing around that sort of coins on lesser-used skills on my Barbarian sooner or later, and that's without messing with the markets or cat shops. Your mileage may vary, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rathi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad to know that I'm not "Missing out" on some other way to obtain cash shop items that I don't know about. I'll end up buying a super inventory stone using real life money I think in the end. It seems I'm actually losing in-game coin because my inventory is so limited. Pass up all those mob drops and harvested materials that could be sold for later makes me really want a bigger inventory.
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    Don't forget the Bank and Worries of the Banker (Dragon Quest item version) quests ; you shouldn't have much in the way of inventory issues early on if you're cautious dealing with those, unless you're collecting every resource type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • filfy
    filfy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ive only been playing this game for a short while and have found out that O opens up the shop but where do I find the Auction that is mentioned above?
  • gattsuru
    edited December 2008
    Auctioneers can be found in each of the major cities, such as City of the Lost, City of Plume, Archosaur, and Etherblade. Use the coordinate assistant to track them down further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rathi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I have completed the worries of the banker quest to increase my safe space by one row. There isn't a similar quest that I can get for my inventory, is there?

As you mentioned, I actually am getting every resource I see. I guess I should stop that for the time being. I love the crafting system in this game and how it actually helps at low levels. Taking the time out to craft myself some armor to wear gives me a sense of accomplishment.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes, there is. You can expand your inventory and safe multiple times.
  • Rathi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Where are the inventory expansion quests? I've only seen the banker's worries quests. Any time I talk to the inventory person they just give me a quest to find an inventory stone.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Where are the inventory expansion quests? I've only seen the banker's worries quests. Any time I talk to the inventory person they just give me a quest to find an inventory stone.

There's no mat collecting quest for inventory. You can only do two bank and two pet bag quests free, anything above that you pay for one way or the other.

As for 40 gold yes that could all be one player or it could be several players all going at the same price.

I pick up everything, go back to town more often and don't use teleports will help you save coins while earning coins for all the loot you are selling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dillpickle1013
    dillpickle1013 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so can i get alot of the stuff that people pay money for for free with some hard work ? also i havent downloaded the game yet im afaid my computer will mess up so im checking things out to find out about the game has anyone had problems with it and what stuff like software do i need ?
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi there Dillpickle,

If you look towards the top of the page, there is a button named "Download Game Client File". That is where you will be led to go download Perfect World International. That will be the only thing required in order to play the game. No additional software needed. Just download the client, install, update and enjoy! If you do need additional help, you can reach the Customer Service/Billing department via the ticketing system.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory