What's the maximum level for this game?

jakilmnop
jakilmnop Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Chronicles
Hi! I'm something of a noob to this game and I was wondering what the max lvl is.
Post edited by jakilmnop on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    105 atm

have fun
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    jakilmnop wrote: »
    Hi! I'm something of a noob to this game and I was wondering what the max lvl is.

About 40 if you don't spend any money.

maybe 60 if you spend US$20 a week..
    Depends if you can find charms cheap
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
  • sleyn
    sleyn Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    you have to spend money to get to a higher level? :S
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    sleyn wrote: »
    you have to spend money to get to a higher level? :S

No you don't. People always talk about how you NEED charms to level more but you actually don't. You can reach max level without them its just harder.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    No.
    Xarfox wrote:
    You are not obligated to utilize the cash shop in Perfect World International. It is by no means a requirement to play. There are players who use the cash shop excessively and purchase anything that strikes their fancy. There are also users who utilize cash shop items regularly, but do not spend any real money in order to attain them.

You do not pay based on the amount of time you invest, you pay based on your own personal interest and your own desire to pay.

If you choose to never pay money, that is your choice, hence the term "Free to Play".

Some players are addicted to Silver Charms or zhening, but you can, and many players do, get to very high levels without paying for a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleyn
    edited October 2008
    ah, what about pvp then? will u be really weak unless u pay up?

btw, $20 a week seems way expensive. Id better go play some subscription game then :/
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008

btw, $20 a week seems way expensive. Id better go play some subscription game then :/

Well thats the best part. You can get the cash shop items in the game WITHOUT paying any real money. Just buy them from other players with the game currency.

In a pvp situation you will be at a disadvantage if you fight someone with cash shop stuff on yes but I believe its still possible to beat them if you are good at playing your character.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    Scrydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Max level is 150.
  • sleyn
    edited October 2008
    150? That's pretty high... It's gonna take an age before u can finally participate in endgame :O
    or is it not a must to be maximum level to do territory wars?
  • Rea - Heavens Tear
    Rea - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Most people stop lvling at 90-100, and just play for PvP, PK, TWs, HH runs, etc.
  • sleyn
    edited October 2008
    okay, thanx for all the help :)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Max level is 150.

I dont think lvl 150 is implement yet. There isnt armor high enough and the highest level mobs are 110 atm.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Leveling without paying a thing is actually quite easy to do. As long as you are not in a rush you will be just fine. It is true that you will be at a disadvantage during PvP, but your best bet would simply be to avoid it. Most of the PvP champions will likely have spent money on items so if you are looking to avoid that route it is usually best to avoid PvP in cash shop games (which is very easy to do if you simply do not play on the PvP server).
  • sleyn
    edited October 2008
    yeah well, Im on a PvE server, but I would still like to participate in territorial wars at some point and that means Ill have to do PvP at some point. ofcourse there's neutral territories, but Im guessing that those will run out :P
    Are there more people who don't pay and still do that?

I know Im being cheap, but the reason Im playing a f2p MMO is cus I really need money for other stuff atm and this is the only one that seems like a good game to me :) I am very worried tho that Im gonna lvl up just to find out there's nothing to do unless I still pay what Im trying to avoid :P
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yeah well, Im on a PvE server, but I would still like to participate in territorial wars at some point and that means Ill have to do PvP at some point. ofcourse there's neutral territories, but Im guessing that those will run out :P
    Are there more people who don't pay and still do that?

I know Im being cheap, but the reason Im playing a f2p MMO is cus I really need money for other stuff atm and this is the only one that seems like a good game to me :) I am very worried tho that Im gonna lvl up just to find out there's nothing to do unless I still pay what Im trying to avoid :P

I reach lvl 50 on 20 dollars. Right now, I have over 20 gold in my account (and i am not veno). The orginal 20 gold was spent, but I manage to buy gold with in game coins. There are something that are nice to have, but does nothing for the game. such as fasions. They don't do anything except make you look better (although there are MANY exceptions, but I guess we all have different taste).
  • Annabella - Heavens Tear
    Annabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I've spent approximately $40, to buy fashions and mounts...but there are not any items that I see in the cash shop that would greatly improve PVP, can someone direct me towards that, I'm just curious. Personally I chose the server that isn't mainly based on PKing. When I was on the Malaysian version, there were times I would get PKed 5 times a day, its really ridiculous. + I'm a Venomancer, which in that case suck at PVP, since my build has no Vitality at all.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Charms make life easier and there's items to improve chances of refining, but thats about the "most needed" items in the whole cs.

And you wont have to ever use real money if you dont want to, money is easily made in game and you can use your ingame money on the auctioneer to buy gold for cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Leveling without paying a thing is actually quite easy to do. As long as you are not in a rush you will be just fine. It is true that you will be at a disadvantage during PvP, but your best bet would simply be to avoid it. Most of the PvP champions will likely have spent money on items so if you are looking to avoid that route it is usually best to avoid PvP in cash shop games (which is very easy to do if you simply do not play on the PvP server).

Depends on Class and server
    some classes need no Charms to play melee definitely

some servers hence PvE dont need charms so much as ppl cant kill you 24/7
  • dillpickle1013
    dillpickle1013 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so to play the game do u have to pay real money???
  • dillpickle1013
    dillpickle1013 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    is this game free?is it just items u have to buy? can u buy items in the game without spending real money? how many MB is it?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The max lvl is 105 at this moment in time not 150.

You can buy cash shop items with real money or with ingame currency from other player the choice is up to you to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    About 40 if you don't spend any money.

maybe 60 if you spend US$20 a week..
    Depends if you can find charms cheap

lol this person has no idea what they're talking about.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything:

You don't need the cash shop to play. I'm currently level 76, and I haven't spent a penny on anything necessary for me to advance into the agme further. I've bought fashion, and some aerogear upgrades, but I'm pretty sure I could've gotten to 76 without fashion and faster flying speed ;).

I've got to 87 on another server as well, and there I achieved things without the Cash Shop. However, I did spend a lot of money on making me more PvP-viable. For example, orbs to refine my gear, and soulstones. This spending helps a lot, but I chose to spend so I could be better than the other WRs.

It's up to you to use the Cash Shop. If you don't want to, you can play very effectively. If you do want to, you don't have to. You can buy Cash Shop items with gold you get from mobs. So, you can be as good as everyone else... it'll just take you longer to do so.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    U don't need money to get high lvl its just easier.
    I think u can join TW from lvl30 but high lvl TW factions r like 75+ which is a bit sad but u can't do anythign about it.

Personally im lvl77 and a non cash player, on of my friends made it from lvl1-60 withing 1.5month (lots of free time, and i think she used charms.
    i jumped from somewhere in the 20 to 60+ in less than a month not 24/7 playing no charm.

So its possible no worries =), and charms can be bought in game from other players, but cost alot depending on how good it is. for lower lvls i suggest apo stuff
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear
    Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The level cap is definatly 105 eatwithspoons said so Here it is
    The current level cap is 105, and I do not have any information past that. I have not heard anything though.

proberly takes around 8months solid to get to lvl 105
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Bad Bad ancient Necro ... b:shocked
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've spent approximately $40, to buy fashions and mounts...but there are not any items that I see in the cash shop that would greatly improve PVP, can someone direct me towards that, I'm just curious. Personally I chose the server that isn't mainly based on PKing. When I was on the Malaysian version, there were times I would get PKed 5 times a day, its really ridiculous. + I'm a Venomancer, which in that case suck at PVP, since my build has no Vitality at all.

So wt about nix herc? nothiing on cash shop have u ever try to refine ur gears????
    Wt about end game items from packs?and skill sage/demon books in ah???
    Believe me u need to pay and pay a lot to be a good pvp person
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The level cap is definatly 105 eatwithspoons said so Here it is

proberly takes around 8months solid to get to lvl 105

and now thats wrong...u never will reach lvl105 there is a reason why lvl100-105 is called hardcap
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    *sighs* Before anyone else posts

Date of last post before necroed today (and was a necro since didnt even ask anything new just answered the last post lol )

12-19-2008, 02:50 PM
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Necromancy performed on two-year-old threads... sheesh, I can see the bones and everything. It's like some hideous shambling zombie-thread... b:shocked