Some general questions for the experienced

korvis
korvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Wizard
Hello all,

I just started the game a few days ago and am still a little confused on some of the finer points. So maybe i can garner some insight here.

1) I started out as a light armor build ( 34str/34dex atm) because of some of the advice i read on the forums here. But as I leveled up further most the mobs at this time dont even reach me if they are melee mobs and most mobs are casters, so I started wearing a robe set for the stat boost there. SO the question. Should i switch over to full magic until higher level or keep going Light build?

2) At what level should I look at refining my gear. I make most of my gear but I rarely socket it unless I find a gem to put in it, I dont like spending that much money on stones from players. Armour wise I'm not to worried, but should I start refining my weapon?

3)Is there a guide that shows the vulnerabilities of mob types. I know metal = fire, and I believe Stone = water, just not to sure on the others.

4)Now a more opinionated question. Is a faction necessary right now. I hate the random invites I get from guilds as I run by people. I havent really run into any quest that I either couldnt solo the boss or find someone to help. But, being on a pvp server the support could come in handy. Or should I just wait till I level up 20 or 30 more levels then start to look?
Post edited by korvis on

Comments

• czajan
    czajan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Change to robe build if u want to be ganked by every archer, wr and wb at low lvl, but hit like nuke, and almost not getting hit If you go robe, never change it to light unless u want to suck in pvp like xlphox and pk only lowbies to get higher place in pk rank
    2)refining with mirages at 70+
    Sockets... U should allyays put gems there, don't buy them make them yourself, buy at merchant combine at jewelcraftsman
    3)click on mob under its name should be info what element mob is, put your cursor over it and viola
    4)get a small fraction with peoples around your level, much easier to play, and u always can change it to better one later.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    korvis wrote: »
    Hello all,

I just started the game a few days ago and am still a little confused on some of the finer points. So maybe i can garner some insight here.

1) I started out as a light armor build ( 34str/34dex atm) because of some of the advice i read on the forums here. But as I leveled up further most the mobs at this time dont even reach me if they are melee mobs and most mobs are casters, so I started wearing a robe set for the stat boost there. SO the question. Should i switch over to full magic until higher level or keep going Light build?

2) At what level should I look at refining my gear. I make most of my gear but I rarely socket it unless I find a gem to put in it, I dont like spending that much money on stones from players. Armour wise I'm not to worried, but should I start refining my weapon?

3)Is there a guide that shows the vulnerabilities of mob types. I know metal = fire, and I believe Stone = water, just not to sure on the others.

4)Now a more opinionated question. Is a faction necessary right now. I hate the random invites I get from guilds as I run by people. I havent really run into any quest that I either couldnt solo the boss or find someone to help. But, being on a pvp server the support could come in handy. Or should I just wait till I level up 20 or 30 more levels then start to look?

Sounds like someone I killed when I was bored. To the OP you should stick to light armor so you have survivability in pvp and u still hit like a truck the dmg loss from not being full int isnt that much a few hundred dmg no major loss. As for a faction you'll probably need one when your near 60 for your hh weapon. Um socketing your gear only do it on gear your gonna be wearing for awhile if you want a full explanation pm me and I'll show u screenshots of what i mean.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
This discussion has been closed.