Please Help

Beo - Heavens Tear
Beo - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
My computer messed up real bad so i did a system restore. I tried to play the game and it said that the version was wrong so I uninstalled it. I found out later that a new version was out and it was letting me into the log in screen for some reason. I have the new patch thanks to manual download but the game will not reinstall. every time I try to it says that it failed to create C:\program files\perfect world entertainment\ perfect world international. What do i do to stop this.
Post edited by Beo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Two possibilities :

* Please navigate to C:\Program Files and delete the Perfect World Entertainment folder. or

* Install to a different directory, such as C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I have tried to delete the whole folder but some things refuse to be deleted. I am gonig to restart my computer and see if this works.

How would I install it to a diffrent direstory.
    Thank you for your help.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    One of the options from the install.exe program is to select the directory you want to install into. Use the Browse... function next to that to select a different directory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    The game has installed and after I update it I should be able to log in. thank you very much for helping me.
  • Beo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I guess I was wrong the game know refuses to open> whe nI click on the link it just does nothing
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Can you rightclick it and run as administrator? See if that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I guess I was wrong the game know refuses to open> whe nI click on the link it just does nothing

You can also check if the link isn't pointing to your old installation directory...
  • Beo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I did not try to run as admin. It would come up a say do you want this programe to run and I clicked allow. then nothing.

It was pointing at the correct directory as far as I could tell.

I have uninstalled all of the game and after shutting down the system I was able to delete the other files so all traces are gone other than the installer.

thank you all for the help. It is greatly appreciated.
  • Beo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    thank you all for the help. I have logged into the game and it is working perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.