Venos..no flashy skills

Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
Ok...I chose the venomancer class as they were so different from what I had seen before
half animal, able to transform, tame pets ect ect o.o

I'm level 58 and I kinda hit a point where im watching all these other classes with their massive flashy impressive skills while im just spamming my boring scarabs.
Does anyone know if we get any impressive skills at all, like myriad rainbow, bramble hood
do something special? :0

Or are we really cut out of the kewl skills? .____.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Shredderfx - Heavens Tear
    Shredderfx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think venos don't have much "pretty skills" :)
    I like the scarabs tho....
    Venos don't have flashy skills because it's a way of "balancing" the game.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ShredderFX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bramble Hood merely has same animation has bramble guard pretty much. Only difference is you get this light white ring pulsing around your body for 15 seconds.

Parasitic Nova at level 59 (completed cultivation) is by far the coolest looking Veno skill I've seen so far. I want to know what the fox form's doom skill looks like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You dont get any cool looking skills since I have seen them all except maybe that one aoe thing.. I would rather take that and have a real easy time through pw rather than have a rough time and have cool looking skills.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Just look at it as other classes cant have massive pets walking around with them so it makes up for the lack of impressive looking skills
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kLfU93CgpA

It's small, but I uploaded a video of what Parasitic Nova looks like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Yeah parasitic nova looks cool xP
    As much as I like playing veno.. I still like having impressive skills ^^;
    Guess i'll make a wiz or cleric..hmm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It can be a bit of a problem :-)

I've been walking around with my golem since lvl 17. I have gotten my flying skate at lvl 30 (which is way better than the wings or sword). As for the pets, the game favors having the same pet forever, as opposed to frequently grabbing a new one. Therefore, the golem... starts getting boring,

Since then, NOTHING has changed at all. Ok, I got a new pair of boots recently, and I finall finished the den of wolves boss quest so I got the glowing wand --- so now I look like everyone else, with the oversized glowing wand.

I have exactly two spells, both of which have pretty much the same animation. I even have one free shortcut bar slot, and I could easily free two more by removing Bramble Guard and Summer Sprint. I should probably check the guide again for skill recommendations, some day.

Right now, progress is very slow since there's nothing interesting coming up anymore. I haven't even heard about new towns, continents or something like that. No 2nd job

Of course, flashy skills aren't everything --- see the same 3 flashy skills all day long, and they'll be boring like everything else. There's a general lack of change --- all the "world" looks the same, there are no distinct themes in the map design. The world map feels like the "greenish sunny national park" themed map on your way through the game, while in fact it appears to be the whole map.

It's not just the skills. If the game really has 100+ levels, I won't be getting anywhere near that cap, that's obvious.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Think about it this way. In PvP flashyness might give you away so keeping a low profile might be an advantage... ;)
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Just look at it as other classes cant have massive pets walking around with them so it makes up for the lack of impressive looking skills
    nice :")
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Spoken like someone who's never had to fight with a massive pet walking around with them. :D

The pet gets in the way of your targeting all the time. You click a target, hit your spells... and nothing happens. You frantically punch the spell over and over again as the mob beats on you and your pet just stands there. Your heiro ticks once, then twice, when you finally realize you've been targeting your pet all this time. So you shift-click and now everything works.

It's especially hard to click on a random party member to assist-attack with them since shift-clicking to go through your pet also goes through other players. You have to look at the name above their head, find the name on the list of party members, and click that instead.

Massive pets aren't all they're cracked up to be. I'm trying to find a good replacement for the golem for this reason. The smaller pets are better, and anyone can have a small pet following them around (albeit not fighting).

I do remember in EQ some classes complained that their spell effects were so flashy it lagged their framerate and got them killed. So maybe not-flashy is better. :D
  • shyboo
    shyboo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Do I make up out of this that the Venomancer is a boring class? b:question I'm currently downloading the game and I thought the Venomancer was a good (cheap) race/class to start with, but if it's a boring class I think I'll come back to my decision.
  • de8dbolt
    de8dbolt Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    shyboo wrote: »
    Do I make up out of this that the Venomancer is a boring class? b:question I'm currently downloading the game and I thought the Venomancer was a good (cheap) race/class to start with, but if it's a boring class I think I'll come back to my decision.

Veno is NOT a boring class. I suppose this is only my opinion. I have gotten every class in the game up to at least level 30, and while I know level 30 is not really what the classes are all about, it is high enough to tell whether or not you are enjoying the class. I personally like veno the best, followed by cleric.

I even enjoy grinding on my veno, since when I grind I level my pets up, it gives grinding purpose for me :)
  • de8dbolt
    de8dbolt Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Oh, and on topic. I am fine with how the veno skills look, besides, I prefer skills to be usefull rather than pretty. Veno skills seem so far to be very usefull, up to 48 anyway. Regardless of the class you make, have fun and I hope to see ya in game :)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The pet gets in the way of your targeting all the time. You click a target, hit your spells... and nothing happens. You frantically punch the spell over and over again as the mob beats on you and your pet just stands there.

Activate the "Defend" option of your pet and it will automatically attack anything aggressive around it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Hah can't beleive this thread is still going :P
    I reckon the level 59 skill is pretty awesome and the fox form one too, (wish I could see the full thing, goes off my screen >_>;)

Bet the 79+ skills will be even better (and even more expensive D:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I use the fox form one when i pk people after fbs. They see the animation and nobody knows what it is because most people have never seen it before. I may level it up to see how much it can actually hit for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I have it maxed (going fox form o-o)
    it adds: phys defense increase by 120%, accuracy increases by 200% and MP falls by
    20%

No additional damage :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have it maxed (going fox form o-o)
    it adds: phys defense increase by 120%, accuracy increases by 200% and MP falls by
    20%

No additional damage :/

Not that skill. The level 59 fox form skill.