PvP related question

Sinkphase - Lost City
Sinkphase - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Earlier while i was out questing some mage turns up and starts whacking at me with a sword. So i ran, wasn't in the mood to deal with pk'ers or pking, he chased me of course longer than i thought he would.

halfway through the chase (was about to run out of monster free ground) i stop to counter him. The only problem was that nothing happened! he was in my sights, name, health, blah blah blah, just like any mob but when i clicked f3 (plume) it didn't do any thing. so i ran again (and aggroed something or another while i was at it)

I thought at first mabey i had lagged or something, the game had been acting a bit glitchy at the time. So i followed him till he started attacking some other people, landed and tried again with the exact same results! Only this time he ran up while i was busy beating my keyboard and attacked me again >_<

Now i'm new to this whole free pk thing. New to pk servers, new to the thought of pking, never done it before. But really what am i missing?! I clicked on his character pressed an attack button and nothing happened. Is there some crucial element i'm missing? Please enlighten me.

(i did find it slightly humorous that through out the entire endeavor my hiro never once ticked, both times)
Post edited by Sinkphase - Lost City on

Comments

• SittingHawk - Sanctuary
    SittingHawk - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Seems strange that a mage would attack you with a sword... Why not magic attacks?
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Seems strange that a mage would attack you with a sword... Why not magic attacks?

Just a thought, they might have played one of the games where if you return attack it is treated as a duel and they avoid going red if you return attack.

As for the original poster's question, I suspect it is due to the button between cash shop and map assistant (it looks like a shield) *protections*
    *faction members*
    *white name players*
    *All*

If all is checked your attacks will not work against any player (Not sure if Duel is affected by this)
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Sinkphase - Lost City
    Sinkphase - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks y'all! Don't ever remember turning that on (didn't know it was there XD). But it worked so thanks!