How much longer until Ripping Bite/Flesh Ream is fixed?

Options
Pandora - Lost City
Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
Okay, I'm sick of people screaming about how broken the Phoenix is. Yes, it's retardedly overpowered, but the phoenix itself isn't even the problem.

Ripping bite/flesh ream is not effected by PVP reduction, which is why it does such enormous damage. The phoenix would be perfectly fair if ripping bite was fixed, and ripping bite should have been fixed years ago because this ****'s been ruining small PVP since MY-EN and nobody seems to give a damn.

How hard can it be for you to fix ripping bite/flesh ream, honestly? Give it the PVP damage reduction modifier or just cut the damage in half anyway because it's crappy for PVE to begin with.

That's all you have to do to stop all the cries about "phoenix imba." You'd still sell just as many phoenixes because it's still the #1 PVP pet. But fix ripping bite and balance is achieved.

This should have been done years ago. Stop adding fashion and ugly mounts and start fixing the damned game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
Post edited by Pandora - Lost City on

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    /signed
    Don't need a pet that stuns me, deals an assload of damage WHILE a veno is pummeling me with spells to be bleeding me for 1k+ a tick too (and even MORE in the air).
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Don't worry guys, jeez. The bleed skill fix will come in with the same patch that brings same-gender embracing/marriage and allows all bosses to attack flying pets.

It's being released tomorrow at five past Never. I have heard from reliable sources that we'll also get permanent +30% Blessings and Flying in FBs.

Seriously though, though this thread wasn't made by the usual noobs, it probably has as much chance of the ideas being implemented as the rest of the ones in this board. None. Zip. Squat diddly doo.

Venos have to accept that Archers and BMs will always laugh at their puny HP and paper-thin defences, the rest of Perfect World has to accept that there is little-to-no chance of the bleed skill ever going away.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's pretty much how (almost) every venomancer thinks, Mua. Just because it probably won't ever get fixed doesn't mean it isn't OP. A pet simply should not be able to 1-2 shot a player with a DoT, especially considering the veno can still attack, run away, or purge+amp dmg the target. You're sort of missing the fact that it makes fighting any robe extremely unfair to the target. Also, granted a venomancer can have reasonable HP and decent pdef if built to have those things, so that's not really an excuse.

I don't care much about it being OP so much as I dislike listening to people whine about it. They made phoenix the ultimate PvP pet with great skills and good stats, and they shouldn't nerf anything about it -- being the ultimate flying pet is what it's meant to be. RB itself just needs fine-tuning.

PW's balance system is a bit askew in 1v1 PvP as it is even without the ripping bite factor, but it is bearable. Group PvP is a good bit more balanced, even with ripping bite there...until you start getting targetted by a veno with a phoenix...then it's just time to leave. It would be excellent to see it get fixed, but chances are it just won't.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Venomancers can build towards having decent HP and Pdef, sure, but like most venos at lower levels I just want to stick to a full arcane simple setup, squishy but difficult to reach when there's a Phoenix in your face. Yes it's OP, and the Phoenix would be perfect if the skill was fixed, but this is just another thread that's a waste of time, just like Pandora's recent (and quite funny) attacks on FACs. Best Case Scenario, a moderator looked over it then moved to the next thread, worst case scenario it'll just die.

The Phoenixes will continue to be overpowered, and the players skilled enough to get past them will continue to beat the **** out of venos. It's probably not gonna change anytime soon, so people can deal with it or go to PVE.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Veno = best at PvE
    with phoenix = strongest at PvP

makes sence?
    -changes main target from paper mage to glass veno-
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    blo0dyyay wrote: »
    Veno = best at PvE
    with phoenix = strongest at PvP

makes sence?
    -changes main target from paper mage to glass veno-

No, it does not "make sence", it is a highly simplified view. With Phoenix = Strongest ATTACK in PVP. (and even that is arguable. Make a veno and get on the receiving end of a critical hit from an archer ~15 levels below you and suddenly they're not so overpowered)
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    No, it does not "make sence", it is a highly simplified view. With Phoenix = Strongest ATTACK in PVP. (and even that is arguable. Make a veno and get on the receiving end of a critical hit from an archer ~15 levels below you and suddenly they're not so overpowered)

a veno cant be killed straight on anymore, every class needs to go with 2 or more, or backstab which would kill any other class, but for a veno its required to, its almost like they dont got a counter anymore. Simpley create a veno, get yourself a phoenix and you will lvl faster than any other class and outrun every other class straight on
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    blo0dyyay wrote: »
    a veno cant be killed straight on anymore, every class needs to go with 2 or more,
    That's so wrong it's laughable. Unless venos sacrifice their arcane build early on, they can be owned by literally every other class till level 89-ish.

Simpley create a veno, get yourself a phoenix and you will lvl faster than any other class and outrun every other class straight on

Yes, because clearly having a PVP advantage increases your levelling speed. Venos don't get into Zhen parties very easily, and HH is more about gear than anything. The Phoenix can't even go into FBs. This is just another example of people overrating the veno without knowing anything about it.
    Take it from someone who *has* a veno and *has* a Phoenix, even with the bleed skill we're still just squishier Wizards with a different, more powerful offensive style.

But this is a suggestion thread, so I'm not going to try to convince you anymore. Let's see if anything actually happens, eh?
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    . Make a veno and get on the receiving end of a critical hit from an archer ~15 levels below you and suddenly they're not so overpowered)

bramble brambley brambly bramble, oh yah fox forn and non arcane build are choices too
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Take it from someone who *has* a veno and *has* a Phoenix, even with the bleed skill we're still just squishier Wizards with a different, more powerful offensive style.

But this is a suggestion thread, so I'm not going to try to convince you anymore. Let's see if anything actually happens, eh?

How the hell are you squishier than a mage when any decent veno is light or heavy and venomancers get a MUCH better HP per level and HP per vit mod. You're ridiculous.

Not to mention you have one of the best defensive AND offensive skills in the game, purge. And also fox form, a move speed buff, and the ability to send your phoenix to beat the **** out of the target while you run away. Show me a mage that can do that. No, we have to stop, turn around a cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Remove the broken phoenix its a piece of Sht...
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    How the hell are you squishier than a mage when any decent veno is light or heavy and venomancers get a MUCH better HP per level and HP per vit mod. You're ridiculous.

Not to mention you have one of the best defensive AND offensive skills in the game, purge. And also fox form, a move speed buff, and the ability to send your phoenix to beat the **** out of the target while you run away. Show me a mage that can do that. No, we have to stop, turn around a cast.

Lol some of us mages even have to cancel the turning animation for an extra step or 2 (you won't use the time to turn around and instead just cast on the spot at a farther distance than you are supposed to). Mages are probably the hardest class to play and require the most skill to use and the easiest class to kill post 90. Veno's have much more options for survival and killing power than Mages. And it sucks that Veno's all of a sudden tips the scale of PvP so much because of FR/RB.

But Mua is right they won't fix it. The most they will do is remove phoenix from our version (like they did the other versions)
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • demonicka
    demonicka Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    then we'll be left with hundreds of venos whining about how their pet got removed.

seriously, if it's broke DON'T IMPLEMENT IT TILL IT'S FIXED!

we have the advantage of having other version patch ahead of us.
    check and see what works and what doesn't before you implement it.

then again... wouldn't be able to make money then.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'll say it again: Just because it probably will never be fixed does not mean that it (ripping bite) is not overpowered.

If you prefer being arcane, Mua, that's your personal preference. A light armor build with +hp mods has much, much better survivability than a pure magic veno (unless they add a fair sum of vit), and they really don't lose much damage at all in doing so. In fact, venos suffer the least DPS loss of the magic classes by going LA because their pet will do the same damage regardless. Just putting that out there. Venos themselves do not have horrible defense and HP; they are given bramble for emergencies and fox form to amplify their pdef. If you chose to not abuse that, that isn't the fault of the class itself, nor is it really worth the generalization. It's pretty hypocritical to tell people who dislike RB in PvP to hit PvE, when you use a build (robes) that is generally termed PvE itself and try to justify the former because of it.

That being said, yes, you can kill the venomancer fairly easily (most of the time) IF you are not bitten. The problem with that is, the classes weakest to the bites can't survive long enough to do much of anything. I've personally taken to stopping (with seal, kb, slow, paralyze) and killing phoenixes that try to harass me on a regular basis, and out of rage for the loyalty lost, most of them give up pretty quickly. There's not much I can do though when an 80+ bird deals 1.8k+ bleed damage per second. I personally like the phoenixes and think they're excellent pets, but as I said RB has been a problem all along. Phoenix's stats/skills take it over the line.

We already DO deal with it, as we don't have a choice. It's just sad that we can't count on anyone here to fix things like that or at least learn from the other versions' mistakes, though. It's possible though that if more people show concern, that they'd at least address it.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • veca
    veca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Just one information, on MY - they fixed bleeding problem,
    and here - they even don't want to answer will they do something about that.
  • RockCommando - Lost City
    RockCommando - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    There's a reason the veno is called a "Solo" class, and flesh ream is actually handy when you have like 20 people attacking you at once (not really common) and for those who can't afford the pheonix, there's always the alternatives to them, even though they're not so strong...
  • Earagon - Lost City
    Earagon - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    this kills but I have to say I agree with pandora on this.

(somehow I just feel dirty now)

The Anti RageQuit Mafia
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    veca wrote: »
    Just one information, on MY - they fixed bleeding problem,
    and here - they even don't want to answer will they do something about that.

That's interesting, I had no idea of that.

Good, that means there really is hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]