Maintainence over!

Options
aryannamage
aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
The servers will be going down for Emergency Maintainence in about 10 minutes. The servers will be down for 2 hours. Please do not open such threads as that you can not connect to server.

Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aryannamage on

Comments

• booog
    booog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    zzzz seriously need to make like a 1hr warning i just poped a scroll then 5 mins later server down 10 mins warning..... what a waste if i new before hand i not wasted money.
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Whats so bad it needs Emergency Maintainence?
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well the latest patch from yesterday had quite a few bugs.
    We have confirmed the following bugs:

Volcanic Coal Mines sometimes give no materials.
    Rubstone Mines sometimes give no materials.
    Mail cannot be sent to characters with names longer than ten letters (NOTE: auction mails are properly sent, and if a long-name character sends you mail you can reply to them properly).
    There is a random item drop that has a Chinese name and starts a Chinese quest at the Elder of Archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    oh ok well thx for the quick response i guess. i didnt think they were very big deals lol

oh and could u give me 50100 exp? i am gonna miss crazy stones cuz of this lol
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    im just glad they let us know tho alot of games i played it just shuts down no warning or nothing :) good to see there fixing it now thanks :)b:victory
  • chelley
    chelley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This game has more issues than a dog laying in a nest of fleas. I was about to buy zen but then figured why? This server goes down too much. Yesterday it was down. It kept going down before I had a computer crash and bought a new system. My b/f talked me back in here and now I just roll my eyes. It seems while they were having issues yesterday they should of just did maintence too, I mean seriously. Why should I waste my hard real cash on a game that doesn't know how to keep it's servers up and I thought FlyFF was bad. I guess this game doesn't really want any real customers and just wants to cater to young kids who don't have a steady paycheck. I know one thing I am doing some serious talking to my b/f who also has a steady paycheck and getting him to go to another game. Or even back to the repeating GWs at least their servers are up and running. At least they want our money and want to keep us satisfied. Thanks for the rant. Good luck with Imperfect World. Great game, bad service. Merry Christmas to all.

b:angry
  • Welp - Lost City
    Welp - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    youre right, i hate games that immediately address and fix problems with the game rather than wait weeks or even months. I, too, will be jumping ship to other clearly superior games that allow their servers to rot in a bug infested hellhole.
    edited December 2008
    Options
    >.< every games has bugs glitches and more problems. Atleast they reconizes it and fixes it.
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Lol, play many games?

This has a scheduled downtime once a week. This is the second "extra" downtime I remember seeing. Way better than WoW, and there you pay for your time, period. Many (all) games have some sort of problem during their lifetime. (example WoW has plenty, Conan, etc.). So far there have been no rollbacks in this game (PWI, as far as I know).

If by any chance "GW's" means Guild Wars, thats a game I love, that's seen more downtimes, and at least one rollback, in the three years I've been playing.

It's not as bad as you think or make it out to be. You will not find a 100% up and active game.

Maina
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • Arghal - Heavens Tear
    Arghal - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Chelley, this game has relatively few problems compared to many others. Their maintenence lasts for 1-3 hours maximum in almost all situations, compared to Final Fantasy XI (12 hours), World of Warcraft (4 to 10 hours), Shaiya (3 to 6 hours), and many others it's trivial. Just because the few times you have tried to play it didn't immediately work doesn't mean it's like that all the time. Server maintenence is clearly stated to happen on certain days and they give warning when emergency maintenence needs to be done which is more than could be said for other games. I personally have spent money with PWI and will continue to because despite your opinion they are a very respectable and reliable company. And in response to your "little kids without steady paychecks" comment, most who play Perfect World are an average 16 to 30 with some players as old as their 50's but I've yet to come across anyone under the age of 14.
  • wingedman
    wingedman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    just wondering why theyd make a patch and completely **** up the mailing system which has been working perfectly?

patch is something to correct an error, not make new ones.

but, in all honesty, thanks for addressing it promptly. Although ample time should be given to warn people not to pop an exp boost (make use of those welcome screens to announce an emergency maintenance so when people are about to log in, they would see it)
  • chelley
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That's the issue, they are always having problems. I mean..lol come on. There are games out there that know how to patch and run maintence without having to fix the next day. It's like they don't know what they are doing and are like oops! As I said great game this is love the whole set up. But like I found this one I can find another. You can flame me, I'm okay with that. Apparently somewhere in maintence someone doesn't know their job. I've played other games that didn't **** up patches and knew how to maintence a server and not let them rot to hell. Loyality only goes as far as good service and when mistakes are repeated too often loyality flies right the window for some people (I am one of those people). I brought people here to play and they left less than two weeks because of downtime. Seems I'm not the only person annoyed about it. I'm glad they have people standing by their side, they need them. I'm just not playing a game that is always having issues. Bleh enough ranting. Merry Christmas everyone and good luck.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Mail cannot be sent to characters with names longer than ten letters (NOTE: auction mails are properly sent, and if a long-name character sends you mail you can reply to them properly).

They're fixing it? Awesome. b:victory

It means I can promote my guild for people with longer names now. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Can't...unable to connect on the server....
    elapsed time till the end...
    you doing some update? huh....
    p.s. its really hard to read thread names once you enter some sub-topic...
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • tumlaven
    tumlaven Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    chelley wrote: »
    That's the issue, they are always having problems. I mean..lol come on. There are games out there that know how to patch and run maintence without having to fix the next day. It's like they don't know what they are doing and are like oops! As I said great game this is love the whole set up. But like I found this one I can find another. You can flame me, I'm okay with that. Apparently somewhere in maintence someone doesn't know their job. I've played other games that didn't **** up patches and knew how to maintence a server and not let them rot to hell. Loyality only goes as far as good service and when mistakes are repeated too often loyality flies right the window for some people (I am one of those people). I brought people here to play and they left less than two weeks because of downtime. Seems I'm not the only person annoyed about it. I'm glad they have people standing by their side, they need them. I'm just not playing a game that is always having issues. Bleh enough ranting. Merry Christmas everyone and good luck.

sorry, but I would like to say i have also played many games that were free to play that were loaded w. bugs. Very rarely shall a free to play game not have any bugs.
  • chelley
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Chelley, this game has relatively few problems compared to many others. Their maintenence lasts for 1-3 hours maximum in almost all situations, compared to Final Fantasy XI (12 hours), World of Warcraft (4 to 10 hours), Shaiya (3 to 6 hours), and many others it's trivial. Just because the few times you have tried to play it didn't immediately work doesn't mean it's like that all the time. Server maintenence is clearly stated to happen on certain days and they give warning when emergency maintenence needs to be done which is more than could be said for other games. I personally have spent money with PWI and will continue to because despite your opinion they are a very respectable and reliable company. And in response to your "little kids without steady paychecks" comment, most who play Perfect World are an average 16 to 30 with some players as old as their 50's but I've yet to come across anyone under the age of 14.

And I've played games that didn't have these issues and downtime wasn't half a day. My b/f and I are older than 30 and have met kids younger than 14. And I have been part of PWI for awhile, so I do know the deal. And about longer down times? Lol that maybe the secret to all these uh oh messed up something in a patch. I rather wait half a night and know it's right than wait 2 hours and have another downtime again in the same week if not more.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    my apologies to the forum moderators...i opened new topic and i didnt see this one before...
    i saw this topic once i pressed submit lol :)
    really sorry ^^
    ok...so how long till server going up again? :)
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The servers will be up at about 4am PST or noon GMT. So in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    tumlaven wrote: »
    sorry, but I would like to say i have also played many games that were free to play that were loaded w. bugs. Very rarely shall a free to play game not have any bugs.

And at least these guys fix them, even if only half of them or the major/non-petty ones, which is pretty good/great for a F2P MMORPG even if they do make a fortune from the over-priced cash shop goods.

I won't mention any names but in just about all other F2P MMORPG's I played I noticed they didn't even have a suggestions forum and any bugs that got fixed were just essential ones which prevented people from playing or playing properly at all.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Pandoryn - Heavens Tear
    Pandoryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Bugs? I came over from Perfect World Beijing version and let me tell you this: Aside from an annoying scrolling glitch that is common for both versions, The Beijing version NEVER had problems like this. I think it's because we are a branch game that has to go through translation.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    1h and 30mins?
    ok that felt like a spear piercing through my heart
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Demonbleu - Sanctuary
    Demonbleu - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Same, i just logged in the game and used scroll to grind.. then i got the msg saying maintenance in 15mins.. b:shocked (while my scroll still has 30mins +) .. if they can warn earlier (like an hour before) i am sure i wouldnt use scroll..now luckily its just 15mins scroll loss, but still, its a loss..

(about urgent maintenance, i have played quite a few MMORPGs also like LineageI&II, RO, GW, Wow, FF11, etc) its not so bad for PWI since i played ..
    b:laugh game addicted
    edited December 2008
    Options
    can u please calm down. I rather wait two hours then 3-6 on shiya and last chaos. i cant complain much because there doing there job by trying to fix these issues. I do agree this is a better game. just cuz its free this is expected maintence and emercencys( it does happen). If they had no maintence this game prolly be sold in the store and not an online one. there just tryn to make the game better for everyone. relax
  • booog
    booog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    1hr 30mins?? Could u plz deliver 50 silver to my ign Zuyue 72 cleric Santuary server for the scroll thats ticking away 5 mins before the 15 min warning came up!!
  • pluf
    pluf Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hello, hello,

I was just wandering if it could be at all posible to inform us players as to what is going on some of the time.
    I wanted to log in just now but could not, could not connect to server it said. Look at PW homepage and servers were all green so I thought the problem must be on my site. What to do next? Well, I clicked on verify but it didn't do much good for at the end of the verification process another error popped up, forgot what but anyhow...
    Again I look at homepage, still everything green... Download the patch then? Well started doing that almost finished downloading it when I found out on the forum here there is a maintenance thingy. And yes, looking at homepage again the servers where red.

So all in all I've been busy for half an hour trying to fix a problem here wich does not exist.

Please, is it at all posible to inform us on the homepage better about what is going on or going to happen? That would be great and save us, or at least me, from unnessasary frustration over a game that will not work with no clue as for how come. The forum is great but lets be honest, it isn't the most straightforward thing to have to go through looking for clues why I cant log in or things like that.

Am I making sense? Hope so...
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    They are doing a fantastic job trying to correct any errors, as most other online multiplayer MMO'S do not fix things for awile.
    As for the scroll thing, its unfortunate to have one active then see a 15 min warning go by. It be wonderful if they could do something, like freeze the time on your scrolls so when they are done doing maintainence you won't waist the scroll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • ashnrose
    ashnrose Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, despite all the complaints and rantings from some people. This is probably the best free MMorph game I've ever played. Other games I've played, the settings itself just sucks, or the graphics bites. This game actually allows every individual to look different, have different skills and overall different? O.O I mean.. even two clerics put together arent even a like in many ways. Everyone is built so different which I like about this game.

The maintainance sucks sometimes.. especially when you guys have it 2x a week XD. But no problem for me. Keep up the work. :)
  • snoke
    snoke Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    chelley wrote: »
    This game has more issues than a dog laying in a nest of fleas. I was about to buy zen but then figured why? This server goes down too much. Yesterday it was down. It kept going down before I had a computer crash and bought a new system. My b/f talked me back in here and now I just roll my eyes. It seems while they were having issues yesterday they should of just did maintence too, I mean seriously. Why should I waste my hard real cash on a game that doesn't know how to keep it's servers up and I thought FlyFF was bad. I guess this game doesn't really want any real customers and just wants to cater to young kids who don't have a steady paycheck. I know one thing I am doing some serious talking to my b/f who also has a steady paycheck and getting him to go to another game. Or even back to the repeating GWs at least their servers are up and running. At least they want our money and want to keep us satisfied. Thanks for the rant. Good luck with Imperfect World. Great game, bad service. Merry Christmas to all.

b:angry

is this a joke ?

This game has a weekly downtime....
    The downtime today is the first Ive seen thats not a weekly maintance, but an emergency update where they are gonna remove/fix chinese quests and npc's. (and hopefully santa so we dont have ~200 persons in guild ask where santa is)....
  • Tumlaven - Sanctuary
    Tumlaven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    snoke wrote: »
    is this a joke ?

This game has a weekly downtime....
    The downtime today is the first Ive seen thats not a weekly maintance, but an emergency update where they are gonna remove/fix chinese quests and npc's. (and hopefully santa so we dont have ~200 persons in guild ask where santa is)....

good point, I have played many games where when there is a bug in the patch they try to fix it.....guess what, it has become even buggier. So people should stop complaining unless they wasted an xp scroll...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cruelintention
    cruelintention Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    All games ive played have issues . EQ1 had the worst ive ever known you could wait a whole day . We use to joke about it saying claiming it was the GM's quality playtime.

WOW isnt far behind that and they have the money to get it right. Ive known Wow to have a downtime of 10 hours depending on server be up for an hour and down again for 4 hours. Not to mention the que system times when a new expansion is released :( .

Remeber these games are not just a few lines of code. Sometimes when you fix one it adversly efects another. To blame or call the people fixing these bugs useless is totaly unfair and uncalled for.

Everyone has a choice to play or not so just make the choice and play the game you think is better instead of releasing your frustration upon the forums because at the end of the day it wont convince anyone else to change there opinion.
This discussion has been closed.