Most Popular kind of BM?

Vuren - Sanctuary
Vuren - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Blademaster
I saw no threads for this and this question has been on my mind for a while now. In your opinion, what is the most popular type of BM ( dual blade/sword, fist, etc.) base on what you have seen? And thanks for answering it if you do :D
Post edited by Vuren - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I saw no threads for this and this question has been on my mind for a while now. In your opinion, what is the most popular type of BM ( dual blade/sword, fist, etc.) base on what you have seen? And thanks for answering it if you do :D

I would think Dual Blade since your seeing twice the high damage numbers pop up b:victory And they funnerb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Mostly Based on preference.

Single Swords end of story. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The most popular is anything in the path Axe/Hammer. A lot of BM's are in that path, and many that choosed a different one, change or use Axe to AoE training past level 6x.

I'm polearm user.
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Currently I am on the path of the polearm. Whether I remain a sole polearm focus has yet to be seen. I saw a wonderful 70+ blade during my fb39 who apparently had 2 paths that she walked.

I might, with time try the same.
  • Shiroimizu - Lost City
    Shiroimizu - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I use 2 paths: Sword and Axe

but I'm more of an Axe user
    but it's up to you which to choose but it's better to have
    2 types of weap imo so that each skill can do more damage..
  • livebynights
    livebynights Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i am definatly a duel blade and axe BM. i love the fact of two weapons attacking, but i also prefer the two handed axe to, i love having a strong wep and the axe does it for me but when i want speed i go for the duel blades without a doubt.
  • Tarterus - Lost City
    Tarterus - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I really like duel sword/blade path but I think that the axe/hammer is the most popular.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a fist BM because their are SO little of us, and fists look cool.
    :3
    Back.
  • dhetz
    dhetz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    dual blade / 1 blade / polearm ? any suggest?
  • Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear
    Sonicslashar - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i like using single blades/swords
    Once a Ninja
    Now a Samarai
    Always a BladeMaster

I am SonicSlashar and I have spoken
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    From what I've seen Axes are the most popular, followed by Swords, Spears and the Fists.
  • ufo8mycow
    ufo8mycow Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree with KP Dual Axe and Dual Sword are the most popular currently, and just for the record dual axe rocks! When you get to higher levels (high 60's) solo aoe, solo TT, great for TW, back-up tank....not much you cant do, especially good if you can't always find squads and still want to play hard. I wouldn't advise mixing paths tho, concentrate on 1 and excell at it.
  • Iar - Heavens Tear
    Iar - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i onced use axe, but then i fought against a higher lvl blade user and i barely able to hit him, while he almost kill me with just one skill attack (forget to ask what skill). Since than i decided to change to blade, but due to high dex req i switch to spear for a while till finally able to weild sword, and now i'm pretty happy with that :D
  • Torm - Heavens Tear
    Torm - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Axe are defintely the most popular in answer to OP question. However if you wondering what is best there is no definite answer. Depends on your style.

Sword or Spear- single target advantage
    Axe- Is geared toward TW, muti target damage
    Fist- would stay away from disadvantages outweight the advantages period.
  • Sleipial - Heavens Tear
    Sleipial - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The most popular , In terms of widely used, is Axe type. Clearly because Axe is "no brainer". No offense, but using Axe is very easy. It hurts and has lots of area attacks. The skills are like a click and go action. They also tend to have high amount of HPs.

The Sword and Spear tend to be less used because they're too technical. The fist is the least used because they're just hard to use. However, I have a very efficient fist Blademaster on my guild on a local server^^
  • bluewater
    bluewater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    *sigh* everybody loves axes
  • Nereh - Lost City
    Nereh - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I personally like the fist style. It makes me feel like I'm boxing with whatever monster I attack and it looks amusing.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The most popular , In terms of widely used, is Axe type. Clearly because Axe is "no brainer". No offense, but using Axe is very easy. It hurts and has lots of area attacks. The skills are like a click and go action. They also tend to have high amount of HPs.

The Sword and Spear tend to be less used because they're too technical. The fist is the least used because they're just hard to use. However, I have a very efficient fist Blademaster on my guild on a local server^^
    Exactly what skill is used by sword BMs that doesn't involve clicking and attacking? Spears CAN be used with a lot of technical difficulty, but due to their ranged skills they don't have as much of a hard time in PvP and some PvE. Fists are definitely the easiest class to actually use, building and gearing them well is hard, but when it comes to gameplay their high attack speed makes their skills easier to time, the only disadvantage they have which would make the class hard to play would be their ridiculously low damage. Sword in my opinion is the easiest path to use simply because of their powerful 1v1 abilities, followed by Axe and Spear which are nearly the same, Fists are the hardest to play because of their low attributes and statistics not because of their technical difficulties.

Also switching from Axe to Spear to Sword is a horrible idea, you are going to either have weak skills and be useless for multiple levels or be a lot of spirit points behind once you are able to use swords.
  • YoshiBomb - Sanctuary
    YoshiBomb - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    im a duel blade BM =P btw guys i made the mistake of maxing tiger maw...bad idea..its weak..max out aeolic blade instead of tiger, it hits alot more for less mp and has stun.
    .::YOSHIBOMB::.
  • MysticBladex - Heavens Tear
    MysticBladex - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I like polearms they look neat. I use scythes because they are still very strong but not quite as slow.
    Oh did i mention they are neat?
  • Terrorplex - Heavens Tear
    Terrorplex - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i suggest to using fists ( that r fast and lots of accr, evade) or hevy weps like axes/hammer ( mostly popular cause of aoe ).fists are the fasts melee wep in the whole game and axes/hammers deal the most damge tho it up to u to choose.
    b:shockedWARNING YOU MUST READ THIS!b:shocked
    The more you hate me the more I love you, the more you fight me the more frisky i get, you can not destroy someone u dont know cause that will make em nothing but if i know u and you know me then you know wat i know, that i would know and that you should know. So in the end u know nothing of wat u just read cause it doesnt matter right? or does it?