Revive

Latoyya - Sanctuary
Latoyya - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
I was just thinking of a simple idea to make revive more useful for the caster. I was thinking maybe that the higher the upgrade the spell is, more hp is given to your ally when you revive him/her. This allows the revived person to not instantly die again hopefully by an aggressive monster that's near him/her. It would really make this game much more fun. There would be less frustration from people losing exp because a lot of clerics would then have a high level revive spell.
Post edited by Latoyya - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    The topic is open for discussion, so please don't hesitate to post your opinions everyone. I would love to hear what you have to say about this. I need more feedback then absolutely nothing lol.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have I seen you somewhere?

lol.. (on topic) Thats a pretty nice idea! Which would be good, but the person that you can revive can just use pots to get a bit more HP and be able to run in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I can't recall that I can remember you. Maybe we will eventually meet up in the game :P.

Anyways, yeah true, people could always use a healing potion, but why not make it easier for everyone? The majority of the time I'm revived around a boss. I'm happy for a few moments til I'm brought back down again due to the multiple target spell. Getting more hp when revived would be really nice and I hope it gets implemented. I'm sure the majority of time spent dying is also at some kind of boss for others.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Technically, that SHOULD happen already. On all skill descriptions, the blue coloured part is affected by skill level (increased or decreased), while white coloured is fixed (same regardless of skill level).

Few exceptions i noticed are:
    Revive % of hp recovered (blue, but is always 10%).
    Mass Heal area (always shows white, but increases 1m per level).

Maybe they left it like that to promote charms...
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I never knew about that, that's interesting. Now that I see the whole picture, you're probably right Klath, it's a possibility. Well then, if this is suppose to happen then why is it not then...
  • Joccey - Sanctuary
    Joccey - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My problem is that I rarely have pots, and how often would people just lend me potions? I see your point that I could use potions, but I don't have them and seem to be rather weak in defence, so I need to run quickly, which I can do... Not in FB caves as easily, so I end up dying again. Like the suggestion, not sure how the Clerics would feel about this, as they get nothing for reviving and leveling it higher costs alot and other stuff (as skills do) so they may not want to, as it just means that the person dies again and they revive again, so if they got something they'd want the person to die lots. Yet as it stands it sounds good, not sure how many would lvl up revive to help other's HP go back more but sounds good.
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i have noticed that revive lvl seems to increase the amount of hp recvered like a random chance thing but i think the discription is dodgy

also i dont have to reveive enough to no to much i dont tend to let my squad mates die if i can help it

i think i must revive one person every 10-15 fb runs
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Revive does benefit clerics in the long run. They're jeopardizing their life by allowing a tank to stay down in a boss fight. They need them to take the painful attacks of course. Right now it's sometimes hazardous to even think about reviving in the midst of a battle. For one, revive takes awhile to cast, and two, reviving your lifeline with low hp still puts them at risk of dying again. The only time you'll most likely use revive is outside of a battle.

If revive does indeed have the % of hp recovered highlighted in blue, then it must be a bug or something, and needs to be fixed.
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If it does not do so already, make it so that when you revive a character the higher level the clerics revive is and the higher the level of the person revived rewards teh cleric with some EXP. In addition to making revive heal more HP of the member being revived.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If revive does indeed have the % of hp recovered highlighted in blue, then it must be a bug or something, and needs to be fixed.
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    Click Cleric then Revive.

Everything in blue changes with level, except the recovered hp/mp.
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, just not too much exp though so nobody can revive abuse. Don't think anyone would waste their time doing this anyway because they'll eventually get low mp obviously.
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I'm not a cleric, so I don't specialize in knowing about their spells. All I know is that when I'm revived, I'm always at a low critical hp level. That's why I came on here to seek changes for the spell. Since it is in fact a bug, I hope the necessary changes come for it sometime in the future.
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, just not too much exp though so nobody can revive abuse. Don't think anyone would waste their time doing this anyway because they'll eventually get low mp obviously.

Considering how rarely people die, it would be a minor return, but at least the cleric got something for their running. Revive abuse would not exist effectively. People at the levels after you get Revive 10 do not want to waste their exp just to help you level.

Mabinogi was where I got the thought from, but "revive abuse" does not exist in that game. As all combat tactics revolve around not getting hit in the first place. Melee countering system at its best.

In that game a Level 40 character gave around 400 EXP, which for them or anyone else was actually a worthwhile amount of EXP (Average 1-3 monsters worth of EXP depending upon area), given that anyone could get it if they had a Phoenix Feather. A level was worth roughly 10 exp. Of current level.

Given that clerics are the only ones that can revive. I would say that you split up the exp return % for revive and cap it according to level.

For instance level 1 Revive nets you a 10% return of this Revive capped exp, while a level 10 revive would net you a 100% exp return. So we make a level 60 character worth say... 6000 exp (random off the top of my head number). Would basically make a character level worth 100 exp each.
  • Latoyya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, but the person constantly dying could of began with 0 % exp :P.

Anyways, getting exp after casting revive would be nice addition. It would definitely encourage clerics to level up this spell, and in return it would help other players stop groaning after dying.