Human Quests Levels 1-19 (Beginner)

Comments

• Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so for the lvl 19 quest... if I did the boss portion first then I can't do the quest at all anymore?

No. What will happen though, is that you'll have to go back and do the mobs...then do the boss again. Essentially the quest will not count the time you killed the boss before you killed the mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vonkemp - Sanctuary
    Vonkemp - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Lola's Path

ok so the goods are on the skyway. how do you get up there? cause i can't see anyway to do it.
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Lola's Path

ok so the goods are on the skyway. how do you get up there? cause i can't see anyway to do it.

You have to jump up there. Utilize your double jump; it takes you further than you might think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vonkemp - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    You have to jump up there. Utilize your double jump; it takes you further than you might think.

i know that. what do i jump from to get there? i don't see anything tall enough and close enough to get me there.
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    i know that. what do i jump from to get there? i don't see anything tall enough and close enough to get me there.

Well here's a few pictures ripped from the Japanese wiki...

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump1.jpg

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump4.jpg

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump5.jpg

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump6.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mordran - Heavens Tear
    Mordran - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well here's a few pictures ripped from the Japanese wiki...

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump1.jpg

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump4.jpg

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump5.jpg

?plugin=ref&page=%A5%AF%A5%A8%A5%B9%A5%C8%2F%A5%B8%A5%E3%A5%F3%A5%D7%BB%EE%B8%B3%2F%BF%CD%B4%D6&src=h-jump6.jpg

isn't that the first jump quest? i'm on the second one, the one the drunken warrior starts you on. or are they the same spot? cause i checked there again and couldn't open the box again.......
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    isn't that the first jump quest? i'm on the second one, the one the drunken warrior starts you on. or are they the same spot? cause i checked there again and couldn't open the box again.......

Oooh. Yeah ok. So, you can jump on the roof of the house behind the drunken warrior, then up onto the actual hill behind him, hop along till you get the the Sky Bridge, then onto it's roof. The tricky part after that is, you need to jump (once) off, then let yourself fall, then jump again into the bridge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vonkemp - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Oooh. Yeah ok. So, you can jump on the roof of the house behind the drunken warrior, then up onto the actual hill behind him, hop along till you get the the Sky Bridge, then onto it's roof. The tricky part after that is, you need to jump (once) off, then let yourself fall, then jump again into the bridge.

agh. i see now what i was doing wrong. thanks.
  • kat#4623
    kat#4623 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    OK, I'm totally new not only to this game but this is the first time I've even played an MMORPG game so i know my question is really stupid. I'm only in level 3 but how do you learn to leap and land where you want to land??? I can leap around everywhere but can't land where i want. told u it was a stupid question. thanks for any help.
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Well, first off, try either using WSAD to move, then jump or click and jump. For specific jumping, I find that WSAD works best. You will move in that direction and also jump in that direction. The rest has to do with your sense of how far you can jump, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kat#4623
    kat#4623 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you Ence. i've got down jumping in the right direction, etc. but I can't seem to get a feel for the distance. i was afraid you were going to say skill at this might be a requirement, lol. i'll keep practicing and and see what happens <sigh>. thanks for taking the time with us newbies. your guides have already helped me see things i missed & really help for learning
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Haha well...as far as jumping goes, there are some people who just don't get it. I wonder if it's just because it's a game (graphics) and not like real life or whatever but it happens. My original guild master who brought me to this game had serious issues jumping ^^;; I ended up carrying her for all the jumping quests...which was amusing to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • c00hkiemonsta
    c00hkiemonsta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    aweome guide! thanks u helped me lvl to 19 from 12 in about wut... 2 hrs? very cool guide

just one dumb q: does the lvl 19 quest challenge HAVE to be completed at lvl 19?
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    aweome guide! thanks u helped me lvl to 19 from 12 in about wut... 2 hrs? very cool guide

just one dumb q: does the lvl 19 quest challenge HAVE to be completed at lvl 19?

Nope, that's when it becomes available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knucks
    knucks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    im new to the game and decided to go the blacksmith route. i got the pickaxe but cant find pig iron anyhwere. where can i find this stuff??
  • fiameta
    fiameta Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    all my quests are gone. moreover, i can't get anymore quests from npc. i had to patch the game 3 days ago, and before that the game was working just fine. after that, it erased all my quests. what should i do?
  • Xazia - Sanctuary
    Xazia - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you for the time in making this Guide.. it was very helpfull!!
  • Xazia - Sanctuary
    Xazia - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you for taking the time in making this guide!! very helpfull!!
  • fiann
    fiann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Old Hunter's Sigh
    1. Speak to the Old Hunter (498, 970)
    -Kill 20 Superior Cactopod (Located around the Veiled Tower, east of the Timberfield)

2. Speak to the Old Hunter (498, 970)
    >> Kill 20 demonic sporopod (Located around the Veiled Tower, east of the Timberfield)
    3. Report to the Old Hunter (498, 970)
    -Celestone of Heaven/Human/Earth or Celestone Fragments: 1 (Random)
    -Reward (Gold: 4000 Exp: 7300 SP: 1650 Rep: 2)
  • eriii
    eriii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    nice job =]
  • Wizrdlords - Sanctuary
    Wizrdlords - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it had great step by step navigation very helpful
  • icefayd
    icefayd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dude nice work... tnx a lot.. got to the lvl i am now just coz of u..

Alyssamassan - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Trouble with Try To Leap. Seems as though they've made the jump impossible, and I refuse to rely on a Winged Elf for help.

Is there a way to do this, or do I wait until level 30 and get it with my flying sword?

EDIT: Finally got it. To all those who arrogantly assumed that I couldn't possibly complete this quest on my own, because "oh, females are weak, and need help all the time", I have only one thing to say to you. Unfortunately I cannot use that kind of language on the forum.

Suffice it to say: I told you so.

By the way, it helps if you aren't at the peak of the stone formation. Sacrifice a bit of height and get as close to the edge as you can. It makes all the difference; trust me.
  • Dayanne_fox - Heavens Tear
    Dayanne_fox - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Good job doing this thread. It was really helpful
  • megaadi0
    megaadi0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    when i obtained the old bamboo flute i go to that bridge and it says something....then i go back to old chief it says he dont have any quest for me...help please :(..
    [PHP]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9866/20090228125702.png[/PHP]
  • Kaosknight - Heavens Tear
    Kaosknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Trouble with Try To Leap. Seems as though they've made the jump impossible, and I refuse to rely on a Winged Elf for help.

Is there a way to do this, or do I wait until level 30 and get it with my flying sword?

EDIT: Finally got it. To all those who arrogantly assumed that I couldn't possibly complete this quest on my own, because "oh, females are weak, and need help all the time", I have only one thing to say to you. Unfortunately I cannot use that kind of language on the forum.

Suffice it to say: I told you so.

By the way, it helps if you aren't at the peak of the stone formation. Sacrifice a bit of height and get as close to the edge as you can. It makes all the difference; trust me.

Really? To me I sacrifice the last few steps that would make your height drop and do it from the highest possible height and I always get it from there :|
    Done it one 3 accts now lol
    But yeah...on topic: This is a very informative and useful guide that has helped me loads with the annoying quests, I tend to glance at it when i lvl up so i can take all the quests for that level and only look at the details if I have trouble with em... that way I get max exp from quests and I actually do the quests myself so it doesn't feel like I'm not doing anything :D
  • Ence - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    megaadi0 wrote: »
    when i obtained the old bamboo flute i go to that bridge and it says something....then i go back to old chief it says he dont have any quest for me...help please :(..
    [PHP]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9866/20090228125702.png[/PHP]

Ok, so that flag over the elder's head indicates that the quest is still on-going. If it's grey, it means you still need to complete some step of the quest.

From what I can see, you went to get the old flute but did not actually obtain it.

Let's try to make the explanation simple (Because it hurts MY head trying to think about it)

There is a small area where the quest continuation will pop up. If you are in the area and click "Ok" or whatever the continue button is, the quest will continue, no problem.

HOWEVER. If you move INTO the area, then go OUT of it,(Aka, you ran through it), the box will still pop up but will not disappear just because you left the area. What happens though is that you click continue quest and it finds that you're not in the proper area so it will not give you the item/quest continuation/whatever.

Solution? Stop moving when the box pops up. Click on and in the upper right in green the words "Quest completed" should flash briefly. You can even just open you quest box ("Q" button) to make sure the quest completion went through. If NOT, move out of the area a little where you saw the box come up and try to re-enter it.

Hopefully that helps a little. IMO, they should code it so the box disappears if you leave the area....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silentnite
    silentnite Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yea thanks it helped me get to 19 in 2 days b:laugh
  • Nakedmile - Sanctuary
    Nakedmile - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Thanks!!b:laugh
  • sarkastian
    sarkastian Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Level 4
    Try to Leap
    1. Speak to The Elder (433, 886)
    Time Limit: 5:00min
    -Collect Token of Trial (Found in Chest of Trial)
    On top of the South Gate for the City of Etherblade. Only one person at a time can farm the chest.
    2. Report to The Elder (433, 886)
    -Small Guardian Hierogram (Triggers when HP is less than 50%, 30 second cooldown period.) Has [10000/10000]
    -Small Spirit Hierogram (Triggers when MP is less than 75%, 30 second cooldown period.) Has [15000/15000]
    Once the Hierogram is equipped, it is unable to be taken off
    -Reward (Gold: 90 Exp: 150 SP: 33 Rep: 3)

I have no trouble getting into the skyway. Run along the right edge of the roof at a slight angle so that you will drop off the edge at some point. As soon as you drop, hold space and A, you should jump and move left, through the arcading and onto the skyway. At least that's how it works for me.

But I'm having another problem. I posted this in the Untamed quest guide and got no response. The problem is with the human version of the quest.

I get into the skyway and the chest is not clickable. From the Elf and Untamed versions, I expect the cursor to change into a "chopping pickaxe" and then I should be able to click the chest.

Doesn't happen. Tried it 11 times. If I let the quest timeout or trash it, I can get it again from the Elder but the same thing happens. Can't click chest, can't get token, can't complete quest.

Is this a bug? Is there a level cap beyond which you can't complete the quest even if you've not done it yet? Do I need to submit a ticket?