Bug thread for 51 or new 52 patch!

aryannamage
aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
EDIT BY SURTR: We have confirmed the following bugs:
*Volcanic Coal Mines sometimes give no materials.
*Rubstone Mines sometimes give no materials.
*FIXED!Mail cannot be sent to characters with names longer than ten letters (NOTE: auction mails are properly sent, and if a long-name character sends you mail you can reply to them properly).
*There is a random item drop that has a Chinese name and starts a Chinese quest at the Elder of Archosaur.
==================================================

I know there seem to be quite a few bugs with the new patch. To help the GM's fix them please report them here. I will list those already found in this thread.

1. The mailbox ingame does not seem to be working correctly. Names of the people who are being send a message being broken off at end so it would be send to incorrect address.
2. The christmas event items and quests to it seem to have an translation error ie they are still in chinese.
3 People have complained about having quests that require them to go to Santa but he isn't implemented yet.
4. The new Radio function seems to only work in the US whether that is by design or not some kind of clarification about it is needed on forum at least.
5. When mining such things as Rubstones no items drop at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aryannamage on

Comments

• Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Got a drop from killing mobs that the title wasn't translated but description said to take to archosaur elder, so I did, his explanation wasn't translated, so I was guessing it was just a turn in that item, get reward. But he gave me an untranslated reward item with a 5 hour time limit that I'm assuming I'm supposed to do something with and have no clue what. Anyhow, could I get a translation and if the item had potential to benefit my character, a replacement of the limited time item that I had no clue how to do anything with.

Heck, anybody that can translate the whole bit would work for me, I got two of the drop so at least I'll have a second chance if I know what I'm doing.

2008-12-1709-03-02.jpg
    2008-12-1709-03-06.jpg
    2008-12-1709-03-35.jpg
    2008-12-1709-03-39.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've digged several rubstone mines and most of them just gave exp but no mat or event item at all. please fix it
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Are you sure your inventory isn't full? I just picked up a rubstone with no problems.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I farm in fish, and so I get wild ginseng drops, which I mail to our WF WintersTears after every party to feed his phoenix.

The latest patch ruined the mail system so I can only write "WintersTea" in the send box and then it won't allow the next 2 letters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • madskull
    madskull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Exist a bug with the materials mining, when you are mining a material: rubstone, manganese steel, willow stake or fine coal. In several times you dont get the material or the chocolate additive, in the screen you dont get the message: "get 1 [material]" only shows the exp for the mining.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    madskull wrote: »
    Exist a bug with the materials mining, when you are mining a material: rubstone, manganese steel, willow stake or fine coal. In several times you dont get the material or the chocolate additive, in the screen you dont get the message: "get 1 [material]" only shows the exp for the mining.

So far I also had this bug when mining some Volcanic Coal Mines : got XP/SP and nothing else....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Seems that after the last maintenance,You can't mail to anyone with an in game name of 11 letters or more.

Is this going to be fixed?
  • Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    Hadarac - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hm... an intriguing aspect. They will probably resolve it soon. Good job spotting that! I think that mail should cost less.

Regards,
    Hadarac (Future King of Perfect World)
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2008
    We have confirmed the following bugs:

Volcanic Coal Mines sometimes give no materials.
    Rubstone Mines sometimes give no materials.
    Mail cannot be sent to characters with names longer than ten letters (NOTE: auction mails are properly sent, and if a long-name character sends you mail you can reply to them properly).
    There is a random item drop that has a Chinese name and starts a Chinese quest at the Elder of Archosaur.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• lunacite
    lunacite Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    my patch won't even load keep disconnecting from the server or the patch error's out tried reloading the game client unfortunately that's not working either soooo no idea if its me or themb:cryb:surrender
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Could you try one of the manual patches found here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm on my way out for the night, but some of the other PWE staff will be working to get a new patch out later. (in theory, and if all goes well)

So just a quick FYI for all of you.

We are crossing our paws that the issues you all found today will be fixed.

Thank you all for your patience, helping us with the game and goodnight! b:bye
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well, to add to the frustration, the second unused untranslated event item is no longer in my inventory for some unknown reason. Gah, I really hope that wasn't something that would've benefitted me a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • hyrohope
    hyrohope Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I found a very serious bug today. Basically all characters with longer than 10 digit names are banned from Mail Boxes. All auction items disappear and you can no longer receive mail if your character name is over 10 digits long.

I have tested this extensively, you also can no longer send mail to other characters with names longer than 10 letters.

I lost quite several important items this way, but I'm not asking for compensation, I'm simply asking GM team to look into this serious new bug right away. Thank you.
  • wingedman
    wingedman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thought that the bug in FB59 earth boss not giving experience and spirit (call of duty remains unfinished even after killing the boss) has been fixed already. But apparently its not fixed yet.
    edited December 2008
    Volcanic Coal Mines sometimes give no materials.

FYI : This one was not fixed with today's (desember 18th) patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jeanette_ - Heavens Tear
    Jeanette_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    After the emergency maint now i cant seem to mine any rubstone mines all thay do is give me exp.tryed about 20 times but none gave me any. *runs to corner and crys*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roto - Heavens Tear
    Roto - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    After downloading the newest patch....Perfect World won't even start...
    pwproblem.jpg
    Afterwords.....It won't even let me try to log in....
    "Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Please do a Verify from the Launcher, Roto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roto - Heavens Tear
    Roto - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Please do a Verify from the Launcher, Roto.
    Thanks that worked :)
    "Hey, I don't make the rules, I just twist them to my purpose." -Celia (Order Of The Stick)
  • Noboyuki - Sanctuary
    Noboyuki - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    How about this bug making all the characters in game with the same haircut? (black/short cut) peoples avatar has there original image and your own character has the original look that you gave them but everyone else looks the same.
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Noboyuki please try this and see if it helps.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741731&postcount=8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Aside from the Mailbox one, I have been unable to see any bugs in game...

However, I'd like to say that after last night's patch I've noticed an unusual amount of lag, even in deserted areas. Only me and the mobs, and still, it's difficult to kill them because they start to act like crazy! It seems like they are running away, then suddenly appear in front of my face and hit me!
  • aryannamage
    edited December 2008
    Just after last nights patch? Could you try verifying the gameclient from the launcher please? This may take some time so please be patient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noboyuki - Sanctuary
    Noboyuki - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thanks it worked! i don't know how my custumization check box was unchecked but i fixed it that i did

***** stars for the quick response aryannamage!
    edited December 2008
    *There is a random item drop that has a Chinese name and starts a Chinese quest at the Elder of Archosaur.

This one is fixed. My items now display in english, and so is the quest text at Archosaur Elder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• silber
    silber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    any chance if we mined rubstone and did not get the mats the GMs could give them? ::puppy eyes:: because this happened about 5 times for me, though it took me a while to figure it out, i thought it just did not say it in the chat box and then checked my inventory to find i had none.

it started after the 51 patch, kinda hoped that was what the 52 patch was to fix... but still happens afterword
    SchwarzeWolf
    50 Barb
    Lost City Server
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Rubstone and Volcanic rock do not give out anything when mined.

We do not know when the fix will be implemented.

Just check back here on the forums, and the Patch Notes page here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patch
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited December 2008
    Rubstone and Volcanic rock do not give out anything when mined.

That's plot by PWI to sell more of them in the cash shop b:laugh

(this was a joke btw...)

I hope you'll fix that soon. rubstones is needed for so many things...

- making ultimate sunbstance for TT item crafting / running TT in some modes

- making wines for some FBs

- crafting standard items

If this is going to be a long lasting bug, can you please consider lowering the price you sell those mats in the cash shop?

BTW, I have also heard that one of the higher level mat (the ones you can get in the level 89+ Eden/Hell areas) is bugged as well. Cannot go in there myself, so can any level 89+ confim/deny this information?

Edit : Sometimes you still get the mats. After a mats run while doing my Villa Quest, I found I had 2 rubstones powder and 2 charcoals in my inventory. So not all those mines are bugged, but many of them are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Just after last nights patch? Could you try verifying the gameclient from the launcher please? This may take some time so please be patient.

Honestly, I thought that wouldn't be of any help...
    But after clicking "Verify" and waiting for an hour, everything went fine again!

So, thanks for the help! And congrats for doing a good job here!
This discussion has been closed.