Options
13»

Comments

• Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    drittz wrote: »
    This game is sexist. Why is it that male characters can give people rides and females can and why does it have to be embrace and not carry? Its really aggravateing. And im a guy and not threatend by a girl being able to do what the guys can.b:angry

This topic has been beaten to death by now. What people don't realize is that this game is of genre MMORPG.. "RPG" meaning Role Playing Game. We are in this game to play a role of the characters we create. And the time line is that of earlier time (without equal rights and without feminist movements).

This means that back then, the role of a male is "stronger" than a female. That's not saying whether it's right or wrong, it's just the way things were back then.

And as a game, in order to keep it as consistent as possible and to keep in theme with the RPG aspect of the time period, it's not uncommon for male characters to be stronger than females and hence the carrying policy of the game.

Now if the game is that of a modern time with automobiles and guns then male and female should definitely be on equal grounds.

That's my view.

-weng
  • Malified - Heavens Tear
    Malified - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    drittz wrote: »
    This game is sexist. Why is it that male characters can give people rides and females can

Correct your **** dude -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    With how thin they make the female chars I'm surprised they can even stand, let alone carry a beast in a tonne of heavy armour.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    With how thin they make the female chars I'm surprised they can even stand, let alone carry a beast in a tonne of heavy armour.

lol good point b:laugh I thought the whole carrying thing was a little sexist myself, but is it really that big of a deal? Then again, I'm a guy, so all my characters except my Veno are guys, so my voice on the matter is obviously less convincing.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Have you seen the female character's muscle mass? Its a miracle they can stand, imagine a female carry a giant male untamed. Its unlikely that a regular female of that weight and stature would be able to carry that much weight. Also the armors are also smaller compared to a male to go with the female body build. Visualize a tiger on top of an itty bitty fox. The "embrace" is probably not called "carry" because not only you can carry people, you can kiss them too so probably "carry" would be less descriptive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Aerasha - Heavens Tear
    Aerasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    im female in real life and i have both male and female chars.

My reason for a male char was the embracing thing lol
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Oh, didn't see the topic title. All my characters are male except for my Veno, of course. I support having same-sex carrying. Not to be ****, I'm straight, but it'd be easier to help my newbie (well, more newbie than me XD) friends level fast. Take them to their next village or back to the village to finish a quest, etc.
  • rabiata
    rabiata Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Female char, guy in real life. Because the female chars are much nicer to look at.

Besides, I don't really expect to start a long lasting relationship through this game, so if someone is put off by the gender-bending I don't care much.

PW is the nicest free2play game I've tried so far, but it is still more of a temporary pastime until Jump Gate Evolution or Earthrise come out b:mischievous