Wizard Or Archer?

magicdevil
magicdevil Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Wizard
Hey! I am new to this game and wondering which does the most damage, The Wizard or Archer?

I Like to do a lot of dps :)
Post edited by magicdevil on

Comments

• thelegend
    thelegend Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wizard has highest damage, but can't really do any solo hunting.
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    magicdevil wrote: »
    Hey! I am new to this game and wondering which does the most damage, The Wizard or Archer?

I Like to do a lot of dps :)

Biggest possible damage = mage. Best aoe damage = mage. Best single target damage per second = archer. Best burst damage = mage.
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thelegend wrote: »

Why not? You can solo hunt as well as the next class. Better than most actually against melee mobs and magic mobs of 3 elements.
    matthew wrote: »
    Biggest possible damage = mage. Best aoe damage = mage. Best single target damage per second = archer. Best burst damage = mage.

Meh. Burst damage...hard to say. Archer crits are way up there. Barbarian perdition.....if you count sharptooth at the beginning of a fight as "burst damage", that raw # would be pretty high too...

Venomancers also have pretty good single-target dps against mobs...
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Best burst would be mage (burst is considered to be best high damage), Venomancer is best dps over time, but archers are just as good as mages in dps. Archer isn't burst at all, their crits are about as strong as a mage normal spell, they just come in very fast and in numbers. Barbarian perdition is very strong but I don't consider them burst because that takes away half their life, and they have nothing after it, but that is the definition of burst is just one big piece of damage. A wizard's ultimate though can match a barbarian's perdition. Archer brings in quick smaller amounts of damage and the mage brings in the big chunks of damage. Some people may think archer can out dps a mage, but I have tanked 79fbs with a same level archer and the only time he pulled the boss off of me is when he'd crit 3+ times in a row. I soon took back dps afterwords though. It is about even.

Mages are probably the second best in soloing if you ask me, behind venomancer. The only weakness a mage has is fighting a physical ranged mob, but those are rare. Against melee you should never get hit (39+), and against magic like already said you have the best defense for three out of the five elements.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008

huh?
    I only got to low 50's with my mage, but I did all my grinding solo.
    With plenty of int and a good weapon, against the right monsters mage can just 2 shot everything without taking any damage, and level extremely quickly.

Things like vipent forms, or other sky casters are great.

Mage can be tricky to solo against some mobs. You need to learn to kite. You can still do all the solo quests solo tho.
    haiz wrote: »
    The only weakness a mage has is fighting a physical ranged mob, but those are rare.
    Yes, they can be a pain, but you cann always kill it before it gets a second hit in, and you have a heal spell which is pretty effective when used as a self heal between fights. (Doesnt cut it as a tank heal in fb's)
  • danio
    danio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Whatt!!! The CAN solo hunting they are good in it!!! But they must killing monsters like 1-2lvls worest than them:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    actually,

Archers crit can be as deadly as mages ultimate spells, why cause of the casting time.... consider the intense amount of crit an archer can do later lvls...

lets say a mage doing 16k dmg per (lets say the water dragon) spell and an archer doing 3-4k per hit, those hit can be 6-9k per sec at archers crit. And crit rate of an archer 80+ is almost a wholesome crit per mob. (and u cannot say archers depends on luck for crit cause crits is just a normal seasoning for archers)

so in dmg, i can say archer is as good as DD as a mage....
    to put it simply in a goodway...

archers = best patk in game mage = best matk in game
  • $ian - Lost City
    $ian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    danio wrote: »
    Whatt!!! The CAN solo hunting they are good in it!!! But they must killing monsters like 1-2lvls worest than them:cool:

I can kill monsters that are 5 levels or more higher than me without even getting touched. Saying that you can't kill monsters of your level as a Wizard is just stupid.
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    killin a lvl 74 as a 61 wiz :P cant touch this dananana
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Rawrr wiz not that fun until 90ish from what I hear from guild mates.....get to 90 i guess and if you dont like wiz just reroll archer?
  • Shodowlord - Lost City
    Shodowlord - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I Say That Blademasters R The Best. They Can Do A Lot Of Damage
  • czajan
    czajan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wr a lot of damage? Since when ^^ somehow i can ks every warior easily O_o unless the mob has mres and i dont have 2 sparks to launch tempest...
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I Say That Blademasters R The Best. They Can Do A Lot Of Damage

Best post, from your friend Shodowlord.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
This discussion has been closed.