Chin's Attack on Orchid Temple

Options
Dianocus - Sanctuary
Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Not sure if anyone here knows about this but late last night one of my friends was in Orchid Temple along with another dozen players when all of a sudden Chin came through the wall of Orchid Temple and slaughtered many players at once. It took from what I saw three Clerics including myself to resurrect and heal everyone. I tell you that was one event I will never forget. From what I know is that Chin could not have gotten to Orchid Temple without chasing someone all the way from Shattered Jade Shore. Just thought I would share this with everyone.
Post edited by Dianocus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Hadarac - Heavens Tear
    Hadarac - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You're right! It should be a glitch or something. Did you see anyone being chased by it? Tell a GM.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You're right! It should be a glitch or something. Did you see anyone being chased by it? Tell a GM.

people do this every few weeks i hear about it, its quite lame, dang crazy aggro
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A person lured it. Screenshot it and send it to the GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    When I'm high enough level and get a phoenix I'll try jewelscalen to archo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Ha! That would be epic!

And all you people saying to screenshot...
    Screenshots don't really tell the entire story. I know I had led Chin before, but I will tell you that not every monster lead is intentional. I cannot count the amount of times I have been harvesting herbs and unintentionally led the Noxious Philistine to town.

Also, screenshots will only show people running away from Chin. It doesn't prove that someone actually lead them. Imagine if you were almost a victim of someone leading him to Orchid Temple. Let's say you were smart enough to run the heck away. Imagine someone took a screenshot of you running away from Chin, whether flying, or on a mount of somesort. Imagine it got you banned.

In fact, I don't think a GM has stated the official repercussions of Chin leading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Illusion - Heavens Tear
    Illusion - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Now that would be classic, Jewel taking out all the kitty shops in westy. Please message me in-game when you do this. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As funny as it would be, I doubt it's possible. Jewel has a 100 second aggro time, and it would take much longer than that to fly to Arch no matter how fast you're going. Now CoL... that's a different story. Talk about a lowbie massacre!

Now that I think of it, I wonder why no one has tried this, yet. Maybe it isn't possible even to CoL?
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    happens on lost City on a regular basis people do it so can kill many and they all lose exp i heard someone actually took him to west district and slaughtered the cat shops but who knows...
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    LOL one day, I will lure Chin to Archosaur and kill everyone there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As funny as it would be, I doubt it's possible. Jewel has a 100 second aggro time, and it would take much longer than that to fly to Arch no matter how fast you're going. Now CoL... that's a different story. Talk about a lowbie massacre!

Now that I think of it, I wonder why no one has tried this, yet. Maybe it isn't possible even to CoL?

nobody is bored enough and high level enough to do it yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    In fact, I don't think a GM has stated the official repercussions of Chin leading.

I recall seeing server wide GM text stating that luring bosses to safezones is a bannable offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I recall seeing server wide GM text stating that luring bosses to safezones is a bannable offense.

you know they think its funny though, i do, i wouldnt do it i dont have that amount of patience but still its kind of funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • r3n
    r3n Posts: 24
    edited December 2008
    Options
    LOL one day, I will lure Chin to Archosaur and kill everyone there.

good luck getting pass the gaurds
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I always wondered about the purpose of those guards beyond standing there and handing out quests.

In Shaiya the NPC guards had a auto-aggro range to them, so if you lured a monster to town the Guards would immedietly run forward and crit the monster for its HP +10% iirc. In PvP zones the bases had them, so enemy players trying to portal camp the spawn areas would get insta-killed by the guards.
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    unpredictable events are always fun to experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i was told the Chin occurrence in West district was when they banned people LOL as it was during an event or something...
  • _ann_ - Heavens Tear
    _ann_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    why is it against the rules to lure bosses in safe zone? isn't just how this game is? killing mobs, bosses and etc. I think it is ridicilous to ban someone for luring a boss in town
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol forget chin, someone needs to lure that new boss next to him,

whats his name, like Ceminator or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    why is it against the rules to lure bosses in safe zone? isn't just how this game is? killing mobs, bosses and etc. I think it is ridicilous to ban someone for luring a boss in town
    It is against the rules becuase it goes against the ToS. Safe Zones are there for a reason, to be SAFE from being needlessly killed. It impedes peoples enjoyment of the game, and is thus agaisnt the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Crysanthes - Lost City
    Crysanthes - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    agreed.

-bosses need to be lured to cities on a regular basis.

-they need to make it so bosses ATTACK cities on a regular basis (just like the wraith army) as well so players nearby are forced to defend it. +plus whoever helped killin the boss should get quest complete also (bonus xp etc). regardless of being (squaded)
    - they can make it so that u dont lose xp when u bet **** by a boss in the city or not as much. :)
    They did this in (certain L2 servers) which make game play very pleasin, and interesting. And since the bosses in l2 were titanic, it was just damn cool when the boss is rampaging killin everyone.

This would make the game much more fun. :P

i dun care if i die in archo if 1000 other people died with me :P

anyways just few ideas.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Honestly, I think this would be really fun (and hilarious) every once in a while. The problem is that if it weren't deemed "bannable," high level griefers wouldn't do it 'every once in a while,' they'd do it as often as possible and make the game utterly unplayable for everyone.

Though I don't see why it's even possible to do, mechanically. Is it really hard to make the safe zones be safe from mob attacks, too? I mean an occasional rampage of some big boss, or swarm of wraith creatures would be cool, if it were just programmed as an event every once in a while. Then you could just protect it from any other mob and you can still enjoy the occasional in-town destruction without the griefing.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Honestly, I think this would be really fun (and hilarious) every once in a while. The problem is that if it weren't deemed "bannable," high level griefers wouldn't do it 'every once in a while,' they'd do it as often as possible and make the game utterly unplayable for everyone.

Though I don't see why it's even possible to do, mechanically. Is it really hard to make the safe zones be safe from mob attacks, too? I mean an occasional rampage of some big boss, or swarm of wraith creatures would be cool, if it were just programmed as an event every once in a while. Then you could just protect it from any other mob and you can still enjoy the occasional in-town destruction without the griefing.
    Now, see, that idea I like. I liek the Idea of watching a boss tromp through a city watching everyone go "OMG, WTF just happened!?" XD Hilarity would ensue.

Last night was pretty wicked. Someone lured Virridis to ToA. RIGHT as I spawned out of TT ... DEAD! With like.. 15 other people .. All Venos and Other low HP classes. It was hilarious. There was an AFK Barb standing next to me and he typed. "WTF?" xD THen the Little Clerics that were around near the black smith came and Rezzed everyone. Had I not been at 98% EXP with no Guardian Angel.. that would have been totally funny. I was ticked for a second, but Hooray for Clerics with level 10 Ressurection!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • _ann_ - Heavens Tear
    _ann_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    would be actually fun if wraiths would invade citys, and I don't mean the standing outside and just waiting to be killed, I am talking about bunch of angry high aggro mobs inside the city, and make it so if u get killed u won't loose xp, An event like this would be fun >.< I am just so bored of grinding I want something fun to do
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This.

Also, it seems funny to me how they didn't put in ANY anti-monster safeguards in for the supposodly "safe" zones. Eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    A level 40 barbarian using no potions/charm/etc can pull Chin all the way to Orchid Temple. A level 50~60 could drag him to Archasaur or even Etherblade if they pleased. All they need to do is attack it a few times and then let a cleric help them get it there.
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i'd get pretty ticked, on lost city theres already a bunch of pkers around... but yeah, i'd like to see it a few times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    1) ''safe zone'' are not non-kill zones but non-pk zones. Many a newbie has died in ( I think it's ) Wellspring after being chased by those pesky elite wolves and seeking refuge there. But the wolves didn't mind bursting into town and eating them while they were meditating.

2) You can't lure anything to or from Archosaur, there are invisible walls around the city that prevent monsters entering or exiting. Try with a veno and a pet and you'll see.
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    A monster attack would be fun, but the lag fest would suck. Could you imagine an attack in arch? Yeah, and you thought the snowmen were bad. It would definitely be really fun though, like a boss the size of Clockworks from Flyff rampaging through arch.

Flyff was a boring grindfest, but the size of the giant bosses was amazing. I want some epic huge bosses in PW :)
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

2) You can't lure anything to or from Archosaur, there are invisible walls around the city that prevent monsters entering or exiting. Try with a veno and a pet and you'll see.

I'm pretty sure this is true. Today I saw Bloodraged Cadaver being led to archosaur (I know he isn't a huge boss, but he counts as one), so I followed him, and when he got to the guards on the north entrance, he started running in circles, and eventually he started running back and disappeared. Yeah.

I don't see why people don't think it's hilarious for leading a boss in a safe zone though. Especially if your the one doing it, you practically die of laughter (sort of like team killing on a fps, like blowing up a car in a group of people).