Elf Preist vs. Barbarian!!!

Adminzar - Sanctuary
Adminzar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey everyone,

I can't seem decide whether I should play cleric or barbarian.

I like these two because of their necessity in parties and because they are both pretty balanced and fun classes.

Here is the overview:

Barbarians
Pros:
good p def
best hp
the tanks of parties and TW's

Cons:
Bad damage

Clerics
Pros:
the healers of parties and TW's
can fly at lvl 1
buffs are cool :)

Cons:
not that great damage
a bit party oriented (I think barb is too a bit)
HUGE money sink

Ok, so here are my questions:

1. Is it true that both of those classes are hard to level because of low attack?

2. which is faster?

3. heard that barbs are insane at the end-game. (basically gets better as level gets higher) is this true. Why?

4. Do they both rely on parties a lot?

5. how does pvp change my gameplay? it Pvp better for a certain class? Can I randomly just get killed?

6. what do you think on this matter. I am totally 50/50 on this matter. I want YOUR opinion

Thanks to the people who will answer my flood of questions b:thanks
Post edited by Adminzar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deathswipe - Heavens Tear
    Deathswipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, I'm a barbarian so it might be biased.

1.I know barbs (for me)are hard to lvl in the beginning.

2.Most barbs give up before 89+ when they get good. As for cleric again i never played so i wouldn't know

3. They are they can use the demon side and get extremely good bonuses unique to them

4. Parties rely on barbs for tanking and barbs rely on clerics for healing them (based on fb)

5. I'm on a Player vs Enviornment server so icant answer it.

6. Do clerics if you like to stay in the back with minimal fighting, do barbs if u like to be up front attacking

Flying isn't a big deal unless you're going over mountains. You'll think it's cool for the first couple flights then you'll get bored (i was lvl 19 archer when i became barb)
    Also barbs arn't party orientated that much. It's faster killing but with our hp we can take on multiple monsters and live
  • Zartank - Sanctuary
    Zartank - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hehe.. waiting for a preist response :p

So does that mean that I can only be insane on a barb at level 89?? Geez...
  • AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1. clerics do relativly good damage i can kill mobs a few lvls higher then me in about 4-6 hits

2. never played a barb i wouldn't know

3. same as above

4. clerics can easily solo cause they do relativly good damage but have low p.def I personally solo most of my quest

5. I don't PvP so idk about class and unless your on the PvP server you can only get pked if your in pk mode

6. its entirely personal preference if you don't like staying in the back healing then be a barb
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Try them both and decide.
    You have 8 slots to experiment with.