Unable to connet to server

bigbear72
bigbear72 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
I load the game, and everthing seems to be fine until i try to log in and select a server. It says "unable to connect to server" and thats where I'm stuck. Any help would be awesome, cause I just downloaded the game and can't wait to get into it!!
Post edited by bigbear72 on

Comments

• teleformer1
    teleformer1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm having the same problem. Just got done downloading and I've tried like 4-5 times and it keeps saying the same thing. I hope someone has an answer.
  • nekk
    nekk Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have the same problem, assuming that you two are also trying to connect to Lost City PVP server. I have been on for the past couple hours and I logged off then tried to log back in and it says "Unable to Connect". I switch the server to one of the PVE servers and it connects fine to those, switch it back to Lost City and get the error again.
  • ipon
    ipon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yep I have this problem too. Except for all servers not just one. Patching and verification is fine just cant login!
  • caladon2
    caladon2 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The game fully downloaded and patched itself but when I try to start the game, doesn't matter which server I select I just get "Unable to connect" here is my tracert info

C:\Users\Patrick>tracert pwigc4.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwigc4.perfectworld.com [64.74.134.61]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 12 ms 91 ms 7 ms 1-64.96-97.tampabay.res.rr.com [97.96.64.1]
    2 19 ms 51 ms 34 ms gig12-0-0-2305.tampfledc-rtr2.tampflrdc.rr.com [
    65.32.24.126]
    3 41 ms 12 ms 37 ms ge1-2-0.tampfledc-rtr4.tampflrdc.rr.com [65.32.1
    3.33]
    4 92 ms 61 ms 54 ms ge-2-1-0.cr0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.106]
    5 78 ms 34 ms 65 ms ae-1-0.pr0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.179]
    6 51 ms 42 ms 51 ms 66.109.9.214
    7 119 ms 81 ms 81 ms INTERNAP.te1-3.ar1.snv2.gblx.net [64.210.28.142]

8 109 ms 122 ms 148 ms border1.pc2-0-bbnet2.sje.pnap.net [66.151.144.68
    ]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
  • kuroyuki
    kuroyuki Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have the same issues on all servers ... I can't connect to the game and it really has started getting on my nerves... b:angry... I really took a lot of time installing it and downloading it and I wanted to play today yet it keeps popping up a message saying there's an error

can anybody help
    ?_?
  • Setaj - Lost City
    Setaj - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As I stated in another thread, I'm having this same problem. I get the "Unable to Connect to Server" message, but some of the time (very rarley though) it will let me log on. Not sure why it's doing this. If anyone has figured out the answer to this problem please let me know! b:sad
  • gevo
    gevo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    same problem! help us!
  • dyconia
    dyconia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I am having the same problem, but I'm getting a "Your Client is to Slow" Message as well, and as far as I know I have the right client
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For the client version issue, please do a Verify from the Launcher.
    verify.jpg

For connectivity issues, please verify that your security software and Windows Firewall are not block the ElementClient from accessing the internet over TCP port 29000, that you are running an Administrator or normal user level account (not Limited), and that you are not running software such as PeerGuardian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JaseSpades - Sanctuary
    JaseSpades - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Cant login to servers, can play only rarely, "Cant connect to server, log in again"
    Now dubbed, "The Message of Malevolance" or The M.O.M. for short (yeah, i made that up)

ok, I have found out what the problem is, as for the solution? we may be S.O.L.

The diagnosis: Traceroute suggests that the IP's are being blocked between the 9th and 13th hops correct?
    These hops are not "local". I conntacted some IT guys and had them trace this problem to see exactly where the my IP was being blocked. San Jose. This may either be PW service provider or their hardware, either way, it is out of our hands and into theirs.

Why this is a problem: This has been getting progressively annoying because they wont acknowledge my findings and they keep giving everyone the run-around. They wil say, "oh well, its either your router or firewall". someone says "I dont have a firewall or router!" they say "well its either your firewall router, or Service provider" TRUST ME it is not any of these, the problem, if one of the IT guys for PW or a moderator or employee at all is actually finally reading my complaints, IS YOU! I have no router, and have contacted my service provider and IT to mess with my firewall, and I KNOW it is none of these.

stop fluffing me and everyone else off. A lot of us are already avid users of this game and you seriously have to do something. PLease stop telling me/us that its a problem on our end, for i have proven, at least to myself, that it clearly is not.

EVERYTIME I COMPLAIN AND SEND IN A TICKET ITS AS IF THEY DONT ACTUALLY READ MY COMPLANT THEY JUST GIVE ME SOME GENERIC EXCUSE.

please, I beg of someone with some power to help us, this game is great, and I would hate to have to give it up, but im on the verge of doing so.

sorry for the typos
    sorry for sounding like an A-Hole

Thank You
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Are you the one who emailed us, and I asked you for traceroute information and logs, as well as a jpg shot of your tracelog, so that I could forward it to the engineers?

If yes, please follow the directions.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • melchior
    melchior Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    When I try to run my patcher it says that I am at version 49 and then when I try to log in, it says that my version is to low. Is the current version 47? How do you lower your version number?
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Try running Verify on the front end menu, on the bottom left. Let it run, it will take awhile. See if that helps you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • melchior
    edited December 2008
    I have run verify several times. It gives me the all clear.
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    I didn't think of this earlier.

We do not have a version 49. Live client is at 47.

You will need to uninstall what ever patch you got from another client, or you have installed the wrong version of the game.

Please ensure that the client you downloaded came from the http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download site.
  • melchior
    edited December 2008
    The download came from the autopatcher. I son't know how it got to 49 when the max is 47. How does one go about unpatching?
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    You will have to uninstall the game and re-install.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2008
    Actually, you might be able to solve the problem by using the Verify option on the launcher. I would try that first, since it will likely be easier than doing a full reinstall.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• pluf
    pluf Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Cant login, tried verify but I get: update server connection fails Please try another update server.

I would if I would know where to find it...
    But it seems I am not the only one who is having troubles loggin in. Whats going on and how do we fix it?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.