New to cleric class looking for strong build

djm08
djm08 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
Im interested in being able to nuke and heal quite well, but i am also wanting to be able to go out and quest on my own. If anyone has any info please help lol im kinda at a loss right now.
Post edited by djm08 on

Comments

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    djm08 wrote: »
    Im interested in being able to nuke and heal quite well, but i am also wanting to be able to go out and quest on my own. If anyone has any info please help lol im kinda at a loss right now.

Oddly enough there's a guide right up top there...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11781
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wrong guide dude
    Full Attack Clerics fail

rather read the other one
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1331
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    FA clerics are powerful, if you know how to play them right they are nowhere near fail, they are the soloer's cleric. Its just a different line of thinking, its being an offense character, and not a defense leach that is subjucated by other classes to work for them. Without the negative cons of being a mage in pvp. You know, the whole longer casting time for spells.
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    oh no double casting time for tripple damage and a skill that reduces channel to 0
    pls god help, mages are so bad ....
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Without the negative cons of being a mage in pvp. You know, the whole longer casting time for spells.

Uh... No? Gush, pyrogram, stone rain. Sandstorm's cast time is the same as weild thunder...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Uh... No? Gush, pyrogram, stone rain. Sandstorm's cast time is the same as weild thunder...

Pandora...I don't know what the deal is with you but FAC Cleric's do just fine. I've no problem in groups, soloing, keeping people alive when it's needed, and laying down damage.

Perhaps you should take a chill pill.

This build just gets stronger at higher levels. Wake up and stop whining.
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    your build gets WEAKER at higher levels
    ever were to high level HHs? good luck without a priest that knows what hes doing
    and if u went FAC u obviously dont know what to do cause u lack experience and intelligence
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Geez, what's with the hostility toward FA clerics? Did you die because of a sucky cleric? Or just get a crappy Res? Who cares why a person chooses FA instead of FS. Personal choice. I choose FS because I enjoy helping others and keeping my group alive (Kinda the point of being a cleric, but I will not pass judgement on FA clerics). Its a challange that I enjoy.

As to the creator of the thread, what do you want to do? Do you like playing FS characters? Then I would recommend going Hybrid class. Check out the sticky guides in the top of the forum. Very helpfull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    your build gets WEAKER at higher levels
    ever were to high level HHs? good luck without a priest that knows what hes doing
    and if u went FAC u obviously dont know what to do cause u lack experience and intelligence

Your response is what's sadly lacking.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Geez, what's with the hostility toward FA clerics? Did you die because of a sucky cleric? Or just get a crappy Res? Who cares why a person chooses FA instead of FS. Personal choice. I choose FS because I enjoy helping others and keeping my group alive (Kinda the point of being a cleric, but I will not pass judgement on FA clerics). Its a challange that I enjoy.

Just a point...we keep folks alive just fine. Our higher damage kicks Ironheart very high. But you are right...at early levels our res is basic. Sure beats flying all the way back though.
    As to the creator of the thread, what do you want to do? Do you like playing FS characters? Then I would recommend going Hybrid class. Check out the sticky guides in the top of the forum. Very helpfull.

Indeed
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    wow nice comeback
    seriously, why even bother posting when you are wrong and arent able to flame aswell?
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    wow nice comeback
    seriously, why even bother posting when you are wrong and arent able to flame aswell?

Are you speaking to me or someone else? No one needs to flame you. You embarass yourself quite well.

Now...can we shake hands and get along?
  • razere
    razere Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Clerics are meant to heal. If you want to deal damage, then roll a mage, or an archer.
  • Niddle - Sanctuary
    Niddle - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So what if a cleric wants do some questing or grinding he/she should wait for others??? Would u party a leech that justs heals u when u get a few dmg?? FAC is just fine and Hybrid the best possible in my opinion!
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So what if a cleric wants do some questing or grinding he/she should wait for others??? Would u party a leech that justs heals u when u get a few dmg?? FAC is just fine and Hybrid the best possible in my opinion!

Are you telling me that a con build clerics damage is that low compared to a FAC cleric?

Some how I think you've never played this game... all this **** people are saying makes sense in theory but when you get into the game and get to a half way non laughable level non of it applies here.
  • tankhunter
    edited December 2008
    Are you telling me that a con build clerics damage is that low compared to a FAC cleric?

A con build Support Cleric would have much less damage then a FAC, through sheer fact that the FAC has higher level offensive skills.
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    tankhunter wrote: »
    A con build Support Cleric would have much less damage then a FAC, through sheer fact that the FAC has higher level offensive skills.

Math?

Or are you basing this off nothing besides the fact you know int gives some magical damage?

It will allow you to take about 1 less shot then a cleric thats worth something.

GG
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wow nice comeback

I wasnt flaming you. Give valuable input and suggestions. Dont flame because it really doesnt help your cause. I agree with you and Pandora that Clerics are meant to support, however it is still a personal choice as to what to do with thier character. Flaming their choices is not really helpfull. Instead, why dont you come up with a helpful FS build recommendations. Explain, in a constructive way, why FS build is importantant at later levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thundercrash
    thundercrash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "Meant to be this", or "meant to be that", how laughable. A character is meant to be played however you choose to play it, that's the reason why you select your own skills, your own stats, if something was dead set to be a certain way, there would be no point to character creation. Just because a character is given the ability to heal, doesn't make them a support class by default. 3/4 of a clerics attack set can be considered battle based: nukes, debuffs and buffs. 2/4 can be considered support based: buffs and heals. But skills really don't matter when categorizing the different clerics because eventually, you'll be able to obtain all of them... It really just depends on how you choose to play your character.

An offensive cleric is by no means inferior to a supportive build. It requires much more skill to play an offensive cleric, therefore there are many players who don't play the role well, or just set it aside as flawed because if their inability to play it. I find it incredibly stupid that people compare the two by looking at the same category... One is meant for team healing and support, the other is for damage dealing, and pvping... Stop comparing an offensive's healing to a support's healing, and vice versa. They are two different styles to play, its just up to you on what you want to do. They both help people, in different ways.

Now that that is settled, I'd like to point out a fault that I normally see. My major complain to full support clerics is that they are pumping into a bunch of heals that they end up not even using. There are only a handful of needed heals, and its very sad to see the sacrifice of potential self-sufficiency to get a skill you won't even use... Be sensible.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    It requires much more skill to play an offensive cleric

Stopped reading after that. Why do people who have no idea what they're talking about keep blindly posting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thundercrash
    thundercrash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Stopped reading after that. Why do people who have no idea what they're talking about keep blindly posting?
    Well, maybe it is an opinionated statement, but really your balancing multiple things to do and maintain as compared to the support cleric which is just mashing the heal buttons.
  • tankhunter
    edited December 2008
    Math?

Or are you basing this off nothing besides the fact you know int gives some magical damage?

It will allow you to take about 1 less shot then a cleric thats worth something.

GG

It makes sense, a Cleric focusing on the offensive skills will have more of a bonus over the Cleric who is more focused on the healing skills.

If you would like the math why not take a look at the FAC guide that is stickied? I think you will find it does a better showing of the math then I would.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    tankhunter wrote: »
    It makes sense, a Cleric focusing on the offensive skills will have more of a bonus over the Cleric who is more focused on the healing skills.

If you would like the math why not take a look at the FAC guide that is stickied? I think you will find it does a better showing of the math then I would.

I wrote up a basic look at the math for everyone.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I wrote up a basic look at the math for everyone.

That proves full int is garbage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    An offensive cleric is by no means inferior to a supportive build. It requires much more skill to play an offensive cleric, therefore there are many players who don't play the role well, or just set it aside as flawed because if their inability to play it. I find it incredibly stupid that people compare the two by looking at the same category... One is meant for team healing and support, the other is for damage dealing, and pvping... Stop comparing an offensive's healing to a support's healing, and vice versa. They are two different styles to play, its just up to you on what you want to do. They both help people, in different ways.

Now that that is settled, I'd like to point out a fault that I normally see. My major complain to full support clerics is that they are pumping into a bunch of heals that they end up not even using. There are only a handful of needed heals, and its very sad to see the sacrifice of potential self-sufficiency to get a skill you won't even use... Be sensible.

you are pretty wrong in most of your points
    why? let me explain
    its way EASIER to play a damage dealing classe, especially priest
    as a DD Priest ure pretty much in the back of every fight and therefor other players tell u targets that u will have to spike. So the only skill it requires is hit "Assist Target" at a party member and do 2 nukes (mb debuff if you wish, not recommended though cause it debuffs yourself too)
    as a more Support oriented Cleric youre busy keeping your party alive AND spike the target with (probably only) 1 nuke so u end up having to micro way more than a DD class

Furtermore will Clerics that know what they do not waste any gold/money into heals they dont use. If the skill its bad and u dont use it, dont skill it. EVERY Priest will have the 3 essential nukes maxed (for all of u thats: Plumeshot, Cyclone and Wield Thunder)
    why? because even as a support u still solo/partygrind or spike a target once in a while
    Tempest is nice to have, i personally maxed it quite fast but its not really needed as a spark would do more damage most of the time
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Your "assuming" that FAC's want to be in parties. I rolled a Veno because I despise being in parties. Tried out clerics, blades, barbs, wizzies and archers... My view on them all is that they were entirely too party based. Archers were a "bit better" and while I didn't level them up far, I spent enough gold to restat a few times to test out different attributes and they all seemed just too party dependant.

I'm guessing that people who roll/stat out a FAC are like me, they hate or dislike being in parties and would rather go "do their own thing".

Bashing people because they choose to play in a manner that makes them happy, is pretty idiotic. Your first assuming that your OPINION even matters and failing to realize that it doesn't (just like mine doesn't) to the person playing THEIR character as they want to.

Ya'll might be 100% right and FAC's eventually fail. But what it sounds like is you have a personal vendetta against a build type and are trying to FORCE everyone to only build what YOU think they should.

My veno for example.. started early as a light armor Veno.. skilled out for that and then as I progressed I switched to a full arcane wearing build. But I left my points where I put them, only pulling 5 off Vit, Str and Dex. and putting them into mag.

Went and got some werefox skills and ended up NEVER USING THEM. because I just don't like how they run. But I see light AND Heavy armor build werefox's and the players seem to fully enjoy their characters.

Thats the point... and I hope you get it...

I build for what I want to play. Not for you, or anyone else. Your opinions are yours, not everyone elses. Your attempts to force those opinions down everyones throats, just make you look more and more desperate and idiotic at every attempt.

You attract more bees with honey, not vinegar. You guys seem to not want to attrack any bees.

Saitada
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Your "assuming" that FAC's want to be in parties. I rolled a Veno because I despise being in parties. Tried out clerics, blades, barbs, wizzies and archers... My view on them all is that they were entirely too party based. Archers were a "bit better" and while I didn't level them up far, I spent enough gold to restat a few times to test out different attributes and they all seemed just too party dependant.

I'm guessing that people who roll/stat out a FAC are like me, they hate or dislike being in parties and would rather go "do their own thing".

Bashing people because they choose to play in a manner that makes them happy, is pretty idiotic. Your first assuming that your OPINION even matters and failing to realize that it doesn't (just like mine doesn't) to the person playing THEIR character as they want to.

Ya'll might be 100% right and FAC's eventually fail. But what it sounds like is you have a personal vendetta against a build type and are trying to FORCE everyone to only build what YOU think they should.

My veno for example.. started early as a light armor Veno.. skilled out for that and then as I progressed I switched to a full arcane wearing build. But I left my points where I put them, only pulling 5 off Vit, Str and Dex. and putting them into mag.

Went and got some werefox skills and ended up NEVER USING THEM. because I just don't like how they run. But I see light AND Heavy armor build werefox's and the players seem to fully enjoy their characters.

I build for what I want to play. Not for you, or anyone else. Your opinions are yours, not everyone elses. Your attempts to force those opinions down everyones throats, just make you look more and more desperate and idiotic at every attempt.

You attract more bees with honey, not vinegar. You guys seem to not want to attrack any bees.

Saitada

Solo grinding is unrealistically slow. So this whole "LOL I WANNA SOLO" **** is gonna just make you want to uninstall the game when you realize how hard it gets.

Certain classes are more versatile than clerics as well, dont try to compair a WFs versatility to that of an EP.

BTW stop this FAC will eventually fail stuff, they fail the entire time they're played.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Solo grinding is unrealistically slow. So this whole "LOL I WANNA SOLO" **** is gonna just make you want to uninstall the game when you realize how hard it gets.

Certain classes are more versatile than clerics as well, dont try to compair a WFs versatility to that of an EP.

BTW stop this FAC will eventually fail stuff, they fail the entire time they're played.

That is your opinion based on your play style. I enjoy "grinding" And I did compare their versatility.. that i why I choose to roll a WF rather than any other class, because for MY play style... it is more effective. And that is where this entire argument/discussion should end. Play style. People play what they play because THEY (not you) want to play that way. That is all that matters.

In truth, I couldn't care less if a cleric is a FAC or a FSC. The only thing that matters to me is.. are they having fun playing it.
    which you didn't, and avoided completly.

Nuff said.

Saitada
  • william1
    william1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    FAC fail..mm why, give me some examples...i play a FAC too im lvl 60+
    and solo along the way, i cant solo a Boss or a FB...but thats no problem i have a squad in no time....last FB i did was FB 59...squad whith 6 ppl in and i was the only cleric...and i keep the bunch alive...yea im able too heal a whole
    party...maybe im low in my hp pool but my healing power compared too a FSC
    is much way stronger, because +% off base magic attack. i did partys enough and mostly i was the only cleric, i enjoy my build..its sometimes tricky
    but when you play your char well and know your skills you never fail.