Balance Cleric?

kaitokid1412
kaitokid1412 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Cleric
Hi, I'm new here in this game, and I'm very confused about the building.
I'd like to play a pve & pvp Cleric (good at pve and pvp)
So I've some question:

Is it a good idea to play this type of a cleric?

When what stats and skills i need, btw. what skills important to maxed first?

I'd like to hear some opinions.
Embrace your dreams if you want to be a hero,
you need to have dreams and ... honor!
Post edited by kaitokid1412 on

Comments

• Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The only decent cleric in PVP is vit robe cleric. "FAC" clerics are a joke past 60 and int doesn't effect your heals enough to justify not pumping your vit.

Skills that you should max are ironheart, cyclone, and your buffs. Then weild thunder, 7+ purify and 10 res.

Lastly blade tempest and your paralyze, sleep, and mdef debuffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Its just "tempest" for clerics pandy :P

About the skills: get the one's Pandora says, although I would also max plume shot (for metal mobs and robe users in pvp). Also, the hp/mp regen buff is very expensive to lvl and isn't really needed, so I'd recommend saving it for later lvls (im 71 and its still at 1, but you can get it sooner when you got some spare sp)

I wouldn't recommend getting the paralyze debuff anytime soon, it has a rather limited use cause archers, veno's and clerics can still atk while paralyzed and it won't last very long even when maxed (the duration is UP TOO xx seconds, so it might end after only a few seconds if your unlucky). On top of that it lowers your own magic attack thereby gimping your healing and damage dealing capabilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • kaitokid1412
    edited December 2008
    And what about the stats?
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    for optimal survivability in mass pvp while still being able to deal dmg and heal you could go each 2 lvls:
    6 mag
    1 str
    3 vit
    (one lvl 3 mag, 2 vit, next lvl 3 mag, 1 vit, 1 str)

If you want a little more dmg/healing power and less HP you could go each 2 lvls:
    7 mag
    1 str
    2 vit
    (one lvl 4 mag, 1 vit, next lvl 3 mag, 1 vit, 1 str)

If you want to be a glass cannon (deal a lot of dmg but get killed in like 1-2 hits by archers and blademasters at higher lvls) you go each 2 lvls:
    9 mag
    1 str
    Be advised however that I started out as this build, but noticed that although my dmg was great, I couldn't use it a lot in TW or mass PVP. When ppl see you are a glass cannon you will get focus fired and get killed over and over before you can get more then 2 attacks in, let alone get enough chi for tempest. That is why I got two reset scrolls and exchanged 100 mag for 100 vit at lvl 71. I plan to leave it at 100 for now, unless I notice I need more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • kaitokid1412
    edited December 2008
    Okay so the result look like so:

The stats:
    Eache 2 lvls
    7mag
    1str
    2vit

VIP skills and maxed as fast as possible:
    ironhert
    cyclone
    and all buffs

Have I forget some information ?
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I'll sum it up for you once more:

Most important skills:
    ironheart
    cyclone
    plume shot
    vanguard spirit
    magic shell
    spirits gift

important skills:
    revive
    purify
    wield thunder
    plume shell (learn to cast this asap when u see an archer, cleric, barbarian or blademaster is going to attack u)
    soon the light (no need to max this anytime soon, a few lvls of it is good for AOE bosses tho)

at later lvls:
    Regeneration Aura (blue ball)
    Heaven's Wrath (red ball)
    elemental seal
    chromatic seal (Get this to lvl 5-6 when u can afford it, then leave it at that lvl until 80+ when u have spare sp/gold to max it)
    Celestial Guardian's Seal (lvl at ur own preference, some ppl really like it but I preferred other skills first)

after those mentioned above ar at a fairly high lvl:
    Tempest
    Metal mastery

After that its up to your own preference what skills you get and in what order.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • kaitokid1412
    edited December 2008
    Ah okay thx for help / answere my questions
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    BTW just so u no most clerics dont take revive above lvl 1 becouse higher than that it dosnt actully help the cleric in fact it makes it harder for them becouse it uses so much sp and cash

IronHeart Blessing is a must max that and plume shot as quick as u can
    also plumes shell has saved me many a time and by saving myself i have maneged to do fb's quicker with me as the only cleric and also stopped chaos emerging and everyone getting killed (this may be due to my high mp becouse i can survive teh mob with plumes shell which eats mp very quickly and heal at teh same time keeping my squad alive) i dont no what hybrid and atk clerics think of this tactic though becouse i am FS so i have plenty of mana to trhow around
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    BTW just so u no most clerics dont take revive above lvl 1 becouse higher than that it dosnt actully help the cleric in fact it makes it harder for them becouse it uses so much sp and cash

IronHeart Blessing is a must max that and plume shot as quick as u can
    also plumes shell has saved me many a time and by saving myself i have maneged to do fb's quicker with me as the only cleric and also stopped chaos emerging and everyone getting killed (this may be due to my high mp becouse i can survive teh mob with plumes shell which eats mp very quickly and heal at teh same time keeping my squad alive) i dont no what hybrid and atk clerics think of this tactic though becouse i am FS so i have plenty of mana to trhow around

The first part of your post is ridiculous... Only Full attack clerics don't get revive past 1, everyone else gets it to lvl 10 as soon as they can afford it. I think its strange that you, as a full support cleric, wouldn't get res lvl 10, since its one of the most important support skills.

About the rest of your post: no offense, but I already pointed out how important all those skills are and that they should be maxes asap...

(ps: work on you English please)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The first part of your post is ridiculous... Only Full attack clerics don't get revive past 1, everyone else gets it to lvl 10 as soon as they can afford it. I think its strange that you, as a full support cleric, wouldn't get res lvl 10, since its one of the most important support skills.

Perhaps because then you get nothing but spam to go running around all of PW just to res people and you get nothing in return?

I can see those clerics, that are non FAC, not getting level 10 res just to save themselves the headache, and they should not even have to use the skill in the first place. Their party should not have a single member die.

Though I would not recommend not skilling it up.

To the OP: Just read the stickies, and make your own decision on your playstyle, and what you want to do with your cleric when you get to the high levels. Keep in mind you can purposely **** up a skill build, such as taking the FAC route to get up in levels then switch off to raising those healing skills and leaving the offensive skills where they are except the most common offensive skills you need.

When it comes to stat build, balanced build would be the best, do a glasscannon full int build if you feel brave. Just keep in mind that in the higher levels if you decide to do PvP your going to either have to do a stat reset, or spend several levels just raising your vit.

Always begin with the end in mind.
  • kaitokid1412
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm... shi*, I make my little brother angry and he activited the safety lock -.-
    This is not good....
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, Isowen you should really work on being polite.
    Levelling res or not is a personal decision. I do have lvl 10 res, and its not fun to get asked revive every second, but its personal choice to lvl it up.

Having different opinions not equals ridiculous.
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ... im sry if my advice was usless in ur veiw i was just trying to be helpful

dw i have been getting alot of flame becouse im FS and apprently FS and FAC r useless from this day fowards

also i nvr said i hadnt maxxed my rez i said that alot of other clerics dont max theres becouse it uses alot of sp and coin which can be used for other skills

i realy have just been trying to help its more or less what i play the game to do so im sry if im not good enough

also my spelling is bad i no i got several laugugae and learning disabilites includeing being deaf shortsighted dyslexic and dypraxic
    so im sry if i am hard to talk to but i am unable to fix it so pls stick with me ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."