Want to start playing. Would like some info plz

rathmier
rathmier Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
So I saw the banner on a MMO site and looked really cool. I have looked into the raves and watched the dev blogs. And I am exited about tring it out. But would like some info

How dependent are you going to have to be on the item mall? Can a character play the game succesfully without using it?

How is the Role Playing? I love to RP and want to find a group or guild that also RPs their characters. Looking at the systems this games uses, the over all feel and look of the game. I would think there might be a large RP population Is there a server I should use for RPing?

How bad is the grind? I know there is going to be one, every game does. Is this fairly tolorable? Or is it like get to lvl 15 then spend 2 hours per lvl after ward?

Does the game lag out during large population areas? I mostly play Eve online and my comp can handle it's premium graphics. But some of these games just tear up my Gcard if there are massive ammounts of toons

That's about all I have to ask for now. I am going to start DLing the game client. Hope to met some of you in game
Post edited by rathmier on

Comments

• Maiwarena - Heavens Tear
    Maiwarena - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1. it really depend on how patient you are if you are impatient type you will be quite dependent to the mp/hp charms other is basically giving more benefit to you or looks cool
    that being said you could buy it with in game coins (cost a lot for newbs though)

2. umm don't really know buy i do know we don't have RP server here

3. well not sure but i get to lv 10 by doing lot off goofing off and manage to finish it about 5 hour and right now my char who is lv 24 goes to lv 26 with a very long brake here and there in about 5 hour
    The key for lving here is questing! till about 40 or that is what people say

4. umm i think we have the system requirement somewhere here http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

the recommended system requirement is
    intel Pentium4 1.5GHz
    514mb+ ram
    3 GB Hard disk
    256MB 3D graphic card

just one thing is
    it is very laggy in western Archosaur because it is the main vending site
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Dependency on the item mall is up to you, since you can buy item mall gold for in game gold at the auctioneer, that way you do not spend real world money. The majority of things you can do without having to touch the item mall, but will just not be as flashy, or pretty, and likely will take a bit longer. But majority of things you can find in the item mall, other players are probably selling. Depending upon the server, a item mall gold piece runs anywhere between 100-130k depending upon the seller.

You best chance to find other role players is to look in the individual server forums for the servers you play on. It will be easier to find RPers that way. Since RPers have a tendency to network even if not all of them check the forums.

Getting from level 1-20 or above is fairly quick, depending upon how fast you play, and how efficient you can be. Grinding itself is not that bad, just not as fast as when there are quests involved, but easily racks in a ton of money.

But yeah, watch out for the lagcats in west Archosaur, I advise going with the "Best Performance" option to prevent high lag in that zone, even if you could play EVE at highest graphics setting, it would be better to play at the lowest you can tolerate, much faster that way.