Graphics Card Problem

Options
Zenoir - Lost City
Zenoir - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Support Desk
I recently had the game working fine using a gforce fx5200 dual graphics card but had the graphics driver crash my whole system.

After reinstalling everything, Perfect world runs but crashes usually about every 10 minutes of game play. I downloaded the latest graphics driver but again, it wouldn't boot up past windows load screen. So I then had to boot in safe mode and unistall the driver.

The game loads and plays with the default driver that came with the graphics card but constantly crashes. It gives me a server disconnected error, but I can log back on no problem.

Any help would be great. I'm just assuming it's the graphics driver but it could be something else.

Thanks
Post edited by Zenoir - Lost City on

Comments

• Malified - Heavens Tear
    Malified - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well I just tried logging on just now and i like crashed and im using S3 ProsavageDDR I am uninstalling now and im gonna see whats the problem i suggest you reinstall PWI and completely uninstall ur graphics card driver and find a new better one that works for your computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Can you list the following fields from a DXDIAG:
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:
    Approx Total Memory:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :
    Version :
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenoir - Lost City
    Zenoir - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the replies but I fixed the problem.

In case anyone else runs into this similar situation, what had happened was I reinstalled my OS, and in a rush to play the game, I never updated the service pack 2 for XP. After that I was able to update to the latest graphics card driver successfully.
    Played for 3 hours last night without any disconnecting.
This discussion has been closed.