A Few Pet Questions

Yuare - Sanctuary
Yuare - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Venomancer
I have been reading on the boards about all the different pets and pet skills. I have been looking to find which pets r the best for PvE.

So far all i can say definately is that the crystalline golem is awsome and a must have

1)Petite sawfly is a really good pet as well but is there a better one for flying that can tank as well cuz the sawfly seems to have trouble tanking when im trying to lvl it up

2)what is a good pulling pet? right now i dont do it much atm but im sure i will be later on... which pet is best for doing this?

3)Which pet skills r good? i have been reading some of the posts about pet skills but its kinda confusing since half the time the names r from PWMY instead of PWI so im not sure what the new names r... if theres an up to date database of all the skills and their PWI names can someone post that?

4)r the all class pets able to atk? i havnt seen much about them on the boards and that has been a question that ive wanted to ask

if anything is unclear in my questions just ask and ill try and either rephrase or just clarify something... and sry if anything in here has been answered multiple times but i must have missed it or it was just too confusing and i needed to ask it again to clarify it

thank you to everyone who answers in advance
Post edited by Yuare - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1) Probably not. Just use your Pet Heal frequently, shouldn't be that troublesome.
    2) Eldergoth Sharpshooter is pretty good, it's the only decent ranged pet. Otherwise, Magmite.
    3) Depends on your pet and personal preference. Bash is a must though.
    4) No, All class pets don't fight or anything. They just look cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • redonyou
    redonyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1) If your bee is way lower level than you just don't even send him in to attack. Just find something you can blow up on your own and let him sponge xp.

2) I usually just pull with whatever pet I have out atm because I don't feel like being bothered to unsummon and resummon twice. If I was to do so though I have my little shadou bear, who is a little faster than the golem, can take physical hits almost as well and magic hits much better.

He's good because of a combination of speed and sturdiness, but if you can't get him just using something fast would be a good choice imo. Maybe a wolf?

3) Like Amiris said pretty much always use bash. Then there's attacks like bash that do different damage types for each element. Flesh ream is another good attack for damage, it doesn't generate hate like bash but does about the same damage over time, and http://www.iperfectworld.com/wiki/index.php/Venomancer_Pets has all the pet skills with their PWI names.

4) What he/she said.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1) The Foxwings are supposed to be good or even better, a Windwalking Piggy

2) Kowlins in FBs and HH, Phoenixes everywhere else. If you can't afford them, try snake and wolf types

3) Flesh Ream for PVP pets, Bash for Tanks

4) Nope.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    HaTorah - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I forget the name of the pet skill but, why doesn't anyone use the skill that bypasses physical defenses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I forget the name of the pet skill but, why doesn't anyone use the skill that bypasses physical defenses?

Flesh Ream/Ripping Bite/Bleed Skill/Bugged Skill/"That damn OP skill that should be nerfed blah blah blah whine"
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    I don't get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    I don't get it?

Flesh Ream aka all those other names is what I think you were thinking of. It's essential for any pets, and virtually all venomancers use it.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    No, I just looked it up and the one I was refering to is:

Penetrate - "A fierce attack neglecting targets defense."

Why don't I hear about that skill ever? It sounds good but is it really worth it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Besides the fact that it's a rare scroll that's hard to get, bash is better for tanks because it'll hold aggro and keep it. 300% damage or whatever is pretty much just like an attack that'll ignore defense. Ripping bite for pets ignores damage reduction, which is different from defence. Defence increases damage reduction, but in pvp there's a further damage reduction of 75%. So ripping bite/flesh ream is the better choice in pvp'ing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    OH!! see now that explains a lot! Thank you!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuare - Sanctuary
    Yuare - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ty for all the replies... now i got a few more questions though =P

1) what r the best 4 skills for PvE pets that r going to tank? i know Bash is a must have but what about the other 3 skills? I would guess Flesh Ream for a little xtra damage and maybe roar for more aggro and the third would be either Tough or one of the elemental atks?

2) can u set more than 1 skill to be auto cast by the pet? im guessin no but i just wanna make sure

ty again in advance for the answers
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Oh, yeah, good question, likewise for PvP pets. What are the best 4 skills for PvP pets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]