Honest to a fault?

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Off-Topic Discussion
Not sure where this belongs since it has to do mainly with the game, but what the heck.

So about twenty minutes ago I'm browsing in West Archosaur, hoping to find some cheap dyes. One guy offers Mirage Celestones in his shop. So after looking at his prices for dye, I hover over his buying price for Mirages... 3k. Hmm, I think, I doubt he's going to get many offers on that.

Then I move over to his selling price for Mirages... 3.5k. I move off them. Then a half-second later, the "o_O!" kicks in and I take another look. Yep. 3.5k. And he was selling 50 of the things. Luckily I had 300k+ on me at the time, so I bought all of them, figuring someone else might before I could.

Now, I consider myself one of the most honest people I know... sometimes to a fault. So my initial reaction, sitting there with 50 Mirages on hand, was "was this a mistake? should I try to give them back?" I couldn't really decide, to be honest... his buying price was 3k so I'm not sure if he's just offering a really strange deal... but, it's also possible he just missed a zero and intended to sell them for 35k. So a couple minutes later I returned to where his shop was and sent him a couple of PMs. No response.

So... here I am sitting on a stash that's easily worth 1.5 million. The weirdest things happen to me, I swear. So I ask you, PW forumers, what would you do? XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LadyTwilight - Sanctuary
    LadyTwilight - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Any person with the intelligence greater than a rock would check before putting up their shop.

Just resell the mirages, even as an honest person, take advantage of a person's mistake(If it really was a mistake). It is a game you know..take the opportunities presented to you.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Any person with the intelligence greater than a rock would check before putting up their shop.

Just resell the mirages, even as an honest person, take advantage of a person's mistake(If it really was a mistake). It is a game you know..take the opportunities presented to you.
    Yeah, I plan to, unless the guy walks up to me and asks for them back in the next few days. So I'm not really dwelling on this... just found it so outrageous that I had to ask what the forum would do in my place. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • SouthCross - Heavens Tear
    SouthCross - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008

This is a bit harsh in my opinion, I made the same mistakes here and there
    but I always corrected it before I opened :D . But more importantly, if the guy has 50 of them then hes obviously getting them some how so he can get another 50. I may have had some sympathy if he was under 20 sometimes ya never know.
  • LadyTwilight - Sanctuary
    LadyTwilight - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You would think someone would notice the price thing at bottom says 175k instead of 1.5m..

I guess they play so much (Probably how they got so many mirages) that their eyes were straining and they couldn't tell difference between 3.5k and 35k :D
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Maybe.

At any rate, if he did collect 50 mirages, I think he's probably significantly higher than me. At least he wouldn't miss that money as much as I would. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    He could just be giving them away to make space or becuase its a Random Act of Kindess for anyone who catches the mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hirogi - Heavens Tear
    Hirogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ....forumers

Is that even a real word?lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Shadows are watching. They will always protect you.