What if...a Lvl 9 Archer went VS Lvl 40-60 Mob :P? i wanna try that :p

Options
EclipseRogue - Sanctuary
EclipseRogue - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
*looks at title*
mainly i wanna see how much exp and coinz i can get :p
is there any high level squad willing to help me?
if it DOES work out, can you help me reach all the way to 25-35?
thanks if you do,
okay if you don't,
GTFO if you wanna flame ;)
PS: ...i couldn't seem to find the right section for thisb:surrender
Post edited by EclipseRogue - Sanctuary on

Comments

• InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you didn't die, you would get around 200 exp for killing it. It would take you forever to kill it. In the same amount of time you could get double or triple that exp by just killing mobs more comparable with your DPS.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • Aesdrid - Sanctuary
    Aesdrid - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I believe what the OP is asking is whether or not power-leveling a low level using higher level builds work and the answer is a definitive yes - and with good results on the few occasions that I did this for people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every coin has three sides: head, tail and an edge ... it is the third dimension that gives us depth.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Eh? Power leveling doesn't work. Exp is split based on level, so if you party with high levels you'll end up getting next to nothing for every kill. Solo questing would be faster than attempts to power level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    senovit is right. the exp split makes it useless for a player that is a much lower level.
  • Malified - Heavens Tear
    Malified - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well idk if someone would waste about 4-6 hours getting you to level 25 or 35 or a even a few days when they can be lvling their selfs....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well idk if someone would waste about 4-6 hours getting you to level 25 or 35 or a even a few days when they can be lvling their selfs....

Boredom can cause people to do crazy things, sometimes i'll go and solo fb19 out of pure boredom, even though there's no reward in it for me unless I'm with someone holding a tablet.

You and everyone else are right though, powerleveling doesn't work in this game, would actually be kinda nice if it did, would give us something else to do in between leveling ourselves...... I used to love powerleveling people in Diablo2 and Conquer.
  • Malified - Heavens Tear
    Malified - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Boredom can cause people to do crazy things, sometimes i'll go and solo fb19 out of pure boredom, even though there's no reward in it for me unless I'm with someone holding a tablet.

You and everyone else are right though, powerleveling doesn't work in this game, would actually be kinda nice if it did, would give us something else to do in between leveling ourselves...... I used to love powerleveling people in Diablo2 and Conquer.

I use to plvl in conquer i was a lvl 120 Archer And Wtf is Diablo i gotta check that out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesdrid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »
    Eh? Power leveling doesn't work. Exp is split based on level, so if you party with high levels you'll end up getting next to nothing for every kill.

Based on my experience doing this in PW, I do not believe this statement is entirely accurate. TBH I never really looked into how the experience is divided but it took me like only 15-20 mins of grinding near Swirftwind to level up a level 10ish archer an entire level. All he needed to do was hover above me and make sure not to pull aggro.

That said, the "party" consisted of only two of us, not sure if you would see the same type of results if the group was larger.

So I believe, based on actually having done this, that this type of powerleveling does seem to work in PW. Whether or not it is a good, sensible or efficient way to do this I cannot speak for as I never did the maths.

senovit wrote: »
    Solo questing would be faster than attempts to power level.

Definitely a true statement - always faster to level doing it yourself. I agree with this statement 100%. You can level almost any character from 1-20 in a day or so just by questing. It is so easy to level in PW if you just put a little effort into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every coin has three sides: head, tail and an edge ... it is the third dimension that gives us depth.
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I use to plvl in conquer i was a lvl 120 Archer And Wtf is Diablo i gotta check that out.

Diablo is not a MMO, it does however have a Multiplayer component and if you are playing on Blizzard's Battlenet Servers I can see Powerleveling (but not why you would want to bother)
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Based on my experience doing this in PW, I do not believe this statement is entirely accurate. TBH I never really looked into how the experience is divided but it took me like only 15-20 mins of grinding near Swirftwind to level up a level 10ish archer an entire level. All he needed to do was hover above me and make sure not to pull aggro.

That said, the "party" consisted of only two of us, not sure if you would see the same type of results if the group was larger.

So I believe, based on actually having done this, that this type of powerleveling does seem to work in PW. Whether or not it is a good, sensible or efficient way to do this I cannot speak for as I never did the maths.

5750XP to level from 10 to 11. In 20 minutes that's less than 300 XP a minute.
    He'd be able to grind faster than that, let alone with quests.
    Although that is more than you'd expect if it was a straight split based on level ratio.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    ghere is a way to kill them
    pick the mobs that close range atk
    DO HIT AND RUN only work if you're range atker
  • EclipseRogue - Sanctuary
    EclipseRogue - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Oh well, it as just an idea XD;
    though sometimes questing takes way too much tiem for me T_T;
  • Aesdrid - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    5750XP to level from 10 to 11. In 20 minutes that's less than 300 XP a minute.
    He'd be able to grind faster than that, let alone with quests.
    Although that is more than you'd expect if it was a straight split based on level ratio.
    Based on those projections, it doesn't seem to be worth doing ... unless you are really really bored (which I was on that occasion).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]