Nanmuwood Chest ???

koreanfool
koreanfool Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey i was wandering around Timberfall and to the north i found a "Nanmuwood Chest" that was surrounded by lvl 15 plant mobs. After i killed them and tried to open it it said i didnt have the required tool to open it. And since i searched the forums and google i couldnt find a single thing describing what it was. So i was wondering if anyone else has seen it or know what kinda treasures lie inside :rolleyes:

-koreanfoooooooool
Post edited by koreanfool on

Comments

• Birdie - Heavens Tear
    Birdie - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i believe you will get a quest later on that calls for you to open this chest.
    when you have the quest it will open
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There are a lot of those boxes around, and I don't think anyone really knows what they're for... most people think they're for quests, but I have never actually seen anyone say they did one of those quests, which is odd since you'd think a quest involving a box guarded by level 15's would have been given at least before level 30 or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Weifong - Lost City
    Weifong - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I just found another Namuwood chest in Wellspring vIllage. Weird... i wonder what they're all for. and why none of us has gotten a quest to open it if they're surrounded by lvl 15 mobs.
  • Eirelle - Lost City
    Eirelle - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    There's many of those boxes scattered around the whole game and like many of the random items that pop-up that have no purpose, not even the GMs of the other versions knew what they were for.

Of them that I found there's:

South of Timberfield
    Near of Wellspring
    Near Frozen Realm at Dragon's End
    Around Fang's Town
    East of Broken Plain

As a quest-only, you shouldn't be able to get the mine option unless you have the quest. They are out-of-place objects in-game that might be used in the future or never will be used.
  • cynder
    cynder Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I did watch 2 people open the chest near charr and after they had some hat on ,anoyingly they wouldnt say anything about it.
  • allmoz
    allmoz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    to open it you need to have "Nanmuwood Key"
    the same for all the other guarded chests.

;3
  • xxdawntearxx
    xxdawntearxx Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    where do u get nanmuwood keys then ?
  • Blairewitch - Sanctuary
    Blairewitch - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    and at 244.413 in scorpion valley..

and people had hats? like visable?
  • Coder - Lost City
    Coder - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I don't think anyone knows what these chests do. If so, no one is telling anyone...which is highly unlikely. I haven't see anyone open them nor hear of anyone of opening them. It'd be cool if there was a reason for them to be there. Maybe some future world quest.
    Never, ever underestimate the power of "I'd like that" b:victory
  • funnick
    funnick Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sorry if im bumping this or anything, but i found a chest at 450, 621, surrounded by lvl 15 bloodlusted tulips, i killed them all then mined the chest, after i mined it, i got a *Steel Fist.

I looked on here after finding it, and before trying to mine it, after reading i thought 'hey what the heck, i'll try it anyway'. just posting what i found.

btw if it helps at all, im a lvl 49 archer, incase its relevant

EDIT

after posting this, i looked back and it had re-spawned so i mined it again, this time i got something called N/A followed by 2 chinese charcters, with a price of 1,000
  • eagle505
    eagle505 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was able to mine this chest but ill i got was an item that said N/A then two chinese symbols. Ive done it three times, and have gotten the same result each time.
  • martyzebra95
    martyzebra95 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think anyone knows what these chests do. If so, no one is telling anyone...which is highly unlikely. I haven't see anyone open them nor hear of anyone of opening them. It'd be cool if there was a reason for them to be there. Maybe some future world quest.

Me and my brother found the chest in wellspring. We killked the plant and opened the chest like 15 times

we sometimes get very weird items and we get also usseless item
    ther is no key needed to open it =) and no quest either
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    they can give shabby shards or useless low lvl gear, also the N/A thing thats worth 1k each, spam like 100 of these and congrats for getting 100k. Else I think you can only open it at a higher level or from a quest, even if database says you need a key.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    thats pretty weird too i helped a lvl 15 noobie cause he said he needed the chest for it soo i helped him he couldent open it hmm......
    i like pie
  • orbanator
    orbanator Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i have opened up the chest at least 5 times, it is a daily thing... i got a piece of level 15 armor the first time and the next i got 2 broken jade.. i believe its a random item and you don't need an key to open it, cause i did it when i was a level 15 with nothing but healing pots and mana pots in my inventory
  • hiei91
    hiei91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ive opened the chest and got the N/A thing... i think its just once u get to a certain lvl it'll let u open it...
  • BDTiger - Sanctuary
    BDTiger - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have also seen one of these chests south of Wellspring shown to me by a friend. After killing the six mobs around it i was able to open it

Mostly you obtain an item called gold foil that has no use in the game. It can only be sold to an NPC for 1k coins. If you are lucky you may recieve a weapon that is requisite level of around 15 but sells for slightly more

These chests are not quet chests
    BDTiger - Lvl6X Future Sage Barb (Main)
    BDMedic - Lvl 2X Cleric (Semi-Retired)
    BDMindMaster - Lvl 3X Psychic (Semi-Retired)
    BDNinja - Lvl 2X Assassin (Semi-Retired)
    BDSlayer - Lvl 3X Future Sage Seeker (Current Character)

DarkOath member for life!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] << This is what BD stands for
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Nanmuwood Chests (click link for chest contents and locations, though the "N/A??" item is now named as "Gold Foil") can be opened using the Perfect Iron Hammer and it doesn't consume the hammer. This isn't a "daily" quest, I've done the same chest a couple of times in the same day.

I'm curious if there are any other chests like the Nanmuwood Chests that can also be opened by the PIH.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Oh, huh, I've not tried with a hammer.

I HAVE opened it without, and yes, the bad-name has now been named 'gold foil'

What about the chest inside secret passage (near, but not at, the earth token)? That doesn't seem to open at all.
  • lilpriss
    lilpriss Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I myself have opened them. It is not a quest and it just gives random items. I have gotten Glaives Fists Mats among other things out of them. They are just for free coin basicly. So if u see them try and dig them.
  • wishy09
    wishy09 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The chest's you see worldwide aren't for quests but just a rewards chest, but you must find the Key to correspond with it. Iron Chest (in SP) would be using an Iron Key, but I'm unsure of how to get these keys. b:angry
  • DragonsLord - Harshlands
    DragonsLord - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well my lv 16 wiz kill one at timerfeld all u need it is kill all the mobs and have a pickax on u and yes u can only onpe one when ur lv 15 and up
  • Trinchen - Heavens Tear
    Trinchen - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi Everyone

I don't think, that you need a Key for the Chests. Yust think, you need a higher lvl for. The first time i've tryed to open the Nanmumood chest near Wellspring Village, i was lvl 39. At this time i can't open the Box, system is messaging that i need the Required Tool for. Now i'm 70, and at my Daily WQ its a Funny addon to open the Chest everyday, without any Tools. It gives low level Stuff, often with very good Boni (for the lvl), mysterious items (1k @all) Jade or shards.

So you Guys and Girls should got higher lvls and you be able to open more and more of those Chests.

Funny Playing, Good Luck and many Drops at all
    Trinchen
  • lisatjeuh
    lisatjeuh Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just got lvl 19 ****...
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Some quests can be opened with keys u get as reward in the dragon order raffles........atkeast thats wat ive heard b:chuckle
  • ChishioToxic - Dreamweaver
    ChishioToxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think opened that chest just now. I found a Nanmuwood Chest surrounded by level 15 plant mobs at coordinates 450, 620. I wasn't even on a quest for it. I think I used my pickaxe to open it, after I killed three of the mobs. There was a piece of Gold Foil inside.
  • Yandrak - Heavens Tear
    Yandrak - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nanmuwood chest are just chest with items inside...mostly gold foil.
    just go to perfect world database ( think its pwi-database.perfectworld.com)
    and youll find outt more about chests...
    but are NOT QUEST ITEMS like other things...and can be gathered with a pickaxe or simply without anything, like mats...
  • fedir
    fedir Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ive opened a couple nanmuwood chests now, all u need is a pickaxe...
    they give u crapy items though, but its funn...
  • genesisrez
    genesisrez Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    suprising enough, i'm able to open the chests and you can get gold foil, armor or an=other weapons and what not out of them.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Once before i see a venomancer killing mob guarding that chest, she can't open it then she decided to leave.
    I try to open it and i got gold foil, then she ask me after seeing the chest gone.
    " how you open it ? " " well i don't know " b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
This discussion has been closed.