EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Word Hunt. Winners announced at post #138

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Are you diligent when it comes to posting on the PWI forums? Or do you prefer to do your chatting and emoting in-game? Either way, this is the event for you!

On Friday, December 12, forum administrators will be posting in popular threads under General Discussion from 10:00am to 3:00pm. In each post, one word will be highlighted in red. Its your job to scour the threads for these key words, and then place the words in order of when they were posted (check the timestamps). Once in order, the words will spell out a phrase thats relevant to Perfect World International.

At 3:00pm Pacific time, a GM will appear on each server and reveal his location. You'll need to find the GM, stand in front of him, and whisper the complete phrase to the GM to win your prize.

Rules: Players are allowed to discuss the event and even possible solutions on the forum and in-game, but remember, only the first 5 players to whisper the phrase to the GM will win prizes, so its in your best interest to solve the word hunt yourself.

Prizes: The first 5 players on each server to whisper the complete phrase (spelling counts!) to the GM will win a prize. Prizes include Black Raptor mounts, rare Snow Hare pets, and more. Let the word hunt begin!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I love how you put "red" in yellow. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    starting to put the GMs into watch list
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm in school =[
    Back.
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    nice contests are always good lolb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    starting to put the GMs into watch list

I think its on a random post by other players since i saw a red word "Water" unless players can change text words to really **** the contest up....

~Sheets
  • Kagetora - Lost City
    Kagetora - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think its on a random post by other players since i saw a red word "Water" unless players can change text words to really **** the contest up....

~Sheets

No, I do not think just anyone can make words red.
  • dvorak
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Basically you want to pay attention to posts made by forum admins on Friday, Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Pacific.

As the original post states, PWI Forum admins will be posting on the 'General' Message Board during this time frame. You need to look for their posts that contain a red word.

I'm not going to name all of our forum admins but those of you who frequent the boards should be able to name at least 3- 4 of our admins who post here often. There will be somewhere between 5-6 admins making 'word hunt' post contributions for this contest.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You should move the time for events; a lot of people are in school at 3:00 (like me). At least move it to the weekends or something (seriously, why don't you ever do that?)
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sweet, i just finished writing a program for my class to download a website and filter as needed. Should be easy to implement it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
  • darlin
    darlin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    b:sad excuse me , yes im a noob, and omg , can u send me to the right area where i can find out some information on how to use the friends list in the forums, seems i only have one folder, im getting so confused, seems also that what i thought was sending a message to dixie for the riding pet, or what ever it was, the message is stil in my folder, grr wish i was more of a computer whiz , as i really hate asking for help b:thanks
    ( are we going to get more smilies ) this is difficult to choose from JUST these im a duh..
    :confused:
    hi every one Im a nobb! so please handle with care this one hawtie..
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    You should move the time for events; a lot of people are in school at 3:00 (like me). At least move it to the weekends or something (seriously, why don't you ever do that?)

because having the weeknd is much more needed when you work as apposed to going to school
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Basically you want to pay attention to posts made by forum admins on Friday, Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Pacific.

As the original post states, PWI Forum admins will be posting on the 'General' Message Board during this time frame.

ah i think i should read more often... i didn't notice the admin only will be posting this...

my bad

~Sheets
  • Xrea - Sanctuary
    Xrea - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    wow so i feel like a dumb **** lol. i did not think about the fact that the event was in PWT n i have been huting for the last half houre for it :P o well eather way if ne 1 wants to work together that is not on santuary server( so we dont mess up eachothers chances) leme know add my messenger xrea25@yahoo.com :D Good luck to all c u at the event
  • dvorak
    edited December 2008
    Options
    wow so i feel like a dumb **** lol. i did not think about the fact that the event was in PWT n i have been huting for the last half houre for it :P o well eather way if ne 1 wants to work together that is not on santuary server( so we dont mess up eachothers chances) leme know add my messenger xrea25@yahoo.com :D Good luck to all c u at the event

haha, consider this the first post in today's Word Hunt game. Starting from now through 3 p.m. (Pacific Time) you'll want to pay careful attention to posts from Forum Admins on the General Forums.

The mystery phrase will be made up of 11 words, so therefore you will need to construct the phrase from 11 posts from Admins and please keep in mind that the phrase will be constructed sequentially from the first red word to the last.

have fun and feel free to reply to this thread if you have any further questions.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• estelle
    estelle Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    after you get the 11 words, where can we find the GM???? will the location be reveal from the 11 mysteries words????????????????//
  • Mcoll - Sanctuary
    Mcoll - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Once all the words are typed in different areas of the forum, will the GM reveal where he is or during the hunt?
  • dvorak
    edited December 2008
    Options
    estelle wrote: »
    after you get the 11 words, where can we find the GM???? will the location be reveal from the 11 mysteries words????????????????//

At 3 p.m. you need to be on your server and the GM will announce which AREA he/she is located at (note: each GM will be at a different location per server).

You then need to find the GM in that specific area and once you locate the GM you must whisper the correct phrase to him/her.

The GMs will declare you a winner based on the following criteteria:

1. you must whisper the GM the correct phrase
    2. you must be visible to the GM (meaning that you must be standing near him/her).

The first 5 players (per server) to accomplish this will be declared winners and will receive phat prizes in their in-game boxes next week.

Also: only 1 account is eligible for a prize (eg - if you win on Sanctuary and then manage to also win on Heavens Tear you will only receive 1 prize).
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    if its first post shouldn't it be capitalized, if its every sentence doesn't matter but if its 2 could be confusing?
  • Zhaoyun_DW - Heavens Tear
    Zhaoyun_DW - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Are the red words only in the general Discussion?
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    will the place where the gm will 'hide' be compleetly random aka high lvl area's, because some lower people cant reach that :/
  • dvorak
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Are the red words only in the general Discussion?

yes, and only red words from any of our Forum Administrators.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• dvorak
    edited December 2008
    Options
    blo0dyyay wrote: »
    will the place where the gm will 'hide' be compleetly random aka high lvl area's, because some lower people cant reach that :/

they've been asked to select locations that everyone can access.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Mcoll - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    they've been asked to select locations that everyone can access.

Like cities or just out in the field?
  • sk8fect
    sk8fect Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Do u guyz add the words by edit in a text?or new message?
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    When you say only from forum admins, that does include the GMs correct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zinylian
    zinylian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    When you say only from forum admins, that does include the GMs correct?

GMs only as far as I know
  • Mcoll - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Question: Is the time 10-3 Pacific? Because I live in the central time.
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    will my price incluid a duel with a gm? (:
  • Wyeth - Heavens Tear
    Wyeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    OK I was just wondering if it was the GMs or the MODs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sk8fect wrote: »
    Do u guyz add the words by edit in a text?or new message?

only new messages. we're not going to go back and stealth edit red words in old posts - that would just be cruel b:chuckle

pay attention to posts from Admins on the General Posts that are posted from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. today, California time.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg