New equipment and other questions.

cancersigns
cancersigns Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I became a tailor... so does that mean I can make stuff? If so how? Is it better to make armor or buy it from the shops?

I have a bunch of random resources that I think could be made into stuff. Should I save, npc or sell it to people?

What are celest stones used for?

Um.. that's all I can think of for now but I'm sure I'll have some more later.

Oh oh! Anyone on the heavens tear server I can contact for future questions?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by cancersigns on

Comments

• Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes as a tailor you can now make your own armor. You use mats like animal fur and oils and other things to make the armor. Go to a tailor and click on manufacture equipment and you can look at the different types of armor you can make and what mats are needed to make it.

Save the resources or mats you think you will use to make stuff. Sell or npc the rest. I also recommend skipping the dragon quests and selling any dragon quest items you pick up.

Celestones are use to make mirage stones. Mirage stones are mainly used to add bonuses to equipment. You can do this at an elder. Mirage stones can also be used to do a quest called cube of fate at lvl 40 I believe.

If you have more questions you can try contacting me. One of the best ways to learn the game are to ask guild mates. Try to find a decent fun guild that fits with you. If you are interested my guild is non territory war based and we are recruiting fun social people. PM JesterSig, Cringer, or MissDream if interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rihares - Sanctuary
    Rihares - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Celestones are use to make mirage stones. Mirage stones are mainly used to add bonuses to equipment. You can do this at an elder. Mirage stones can also be used to do a quest called cube of fate at lvl 40 I believe.

If the mirage stone is add to a piece of equipment, can it be removed and then placed on something else?
    IGN: Rihares
    Server: Sanctuary
    Guild:
  • CancerSigns - Heavens Tear
    CancerSigns - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks a lot for the lintel Jestersig I'll definitely try to contact you sometime in the future.

Oh 1 more question! What happens when you die? I hear you lose an item but is there anything else?
  • NecroVaL - Heavens Tear
    NecroVaL - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I became a tailor... so does that mean I can make stuff? If so how? Is it better to make armor or buy it from the shops?

Ans: Yes. You can made stuff under the catergory of Tailor. In fact, you should learn all crafting skill. But perhaps just concentrate on 1-2 crafting skill.

I have a bunch of random resources that I think could be made into stuff. Should I save, npc or sell it to people?

Ans: Unless you going into crafting, you might want to save it. And of course, save those that you need. The others can sell to NPC or other players if you don't need it

What are celest stones used for?

Ans: Celestial Stone are usually use to exchange into mirage stone, which you can use it to 'refine' or add '+' to your item. Mirage stone is also use in 'Cube quest' which you might be doing in the later part...

Oh oh! Anyone on the heavens tear server I can contact for future questions?

Ans: Sure... You can contact me... IGN: Val_LoveOO

Oh 1 more question! What happens when you die? I hear you lose an item but is there anything else?

Ans: From what I know, unless your name is RED (Meaning you pked someone), when you died, you wont drop item. And also, if those item are 'binded', it wont be drop even your name is red and you died..
    edited December 2008
    When you use a mirage stone to upgrade equipment you don't put the mirage stone on the equipment, it is basically a payment to attempt to upgrade the item (you can fail the upgrage). So to answer the question there is no way to get mirage stones back after attempting to upgrade equipment.

You can add bonuses to equipment with other soulstones you find. These actually do become a part of the equipment. You can remove the stone from the equipment if you want but the stone is destroyed in the process. You get the equipment back but not the stone.

When you die from monsters I don't think you lose any items. If you do it is a very low chance (I have died many many times and never lost an item.) You lose experience when you die however. To minimize the loss of experience, you can have a cleric revive you from the dead. You still lose experience just not as much.

You can lose items when you die from pking (player killing) though. If you pk a player and your name turns pink or red then you have a greatly increased risk of losing items. The darker red your name is, the more items you will drop. Be careful if your name is pink or red because other people will try to kill you to get your drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    When you die its a very small chance you drop an item. My friend got killed by a mob at lvl 25 - 27 and droped all her celestial fragments 34 pcs and she was lucky i was there because i found them.

So yes its a very very small chance but it can happen'.
  • CancerSigns - Heavens Tear
    CancerSigns - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So I have been making my own equipment so far and got to level 2 tailoring... I really need cotton thread for my new equipment but I used all mine up. What drops it? I used to get tons but now I can't get anymore.. =/ Or Can anyone or know anyone selling at a decent price?
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
    I believe skeleton mobs drop cotton thread the most. I would also suggest checking the auction hall for people selling it. If you don't know how to use the auction hall I wrote a guide and posted it on the forums. Just search for auction hall guide.

Also learn to love rob soft's database, you will use it all the time.
    http://pw.rob-soft.com/m1in.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]